It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The esoteric contests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Why is it that every time I get on these kind of sites I see people trying to come off as gurus or better than everyone else? They says things like "To attain true enlightenment you must do this" and "Only the special people can understand this".

Its interesting how we can talk about cult tactics with the rich, power hungry oil people but not with people who use the same propaganda to make themselves feel "enlightened", "apart of the oneness", "a child of the light", etc.

How is telling others that 'there is only one way to be enlightened' any different from not being able to have special privileges unless you are born from a certain family?

I personally think its the same thing. Because either way if you don't agree with either one or are not born already for those groups, you are just a sheep to them.

On this site I have found more religious elitist groups than I have government elitist groups. And unfortunately, they are growing in number of posts faster than the actual news.

So I have a theory for you. What if this new 'enlightenment' rage thats going on is what they want you to do?

What if they want you so absorbed into a different propaganda that you can't see what they are doing either because you are too busy making yourself feel special?

I have been thinking about this for a while and just got up the courage to post it because I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be angry and a lot of people have been thinking the same.

I'm tired of esoteric contests. I am sick of seeing knowledge being twisted by both ends. I just want something real. And I think the propagation of the world elite and the religious elite are tearing the people who want the truth apart.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just don't accept anyone's authority. I am pretty vocal on my opinions, but if you accept what I say and take me as some kind of authority, then you would be a fool.

Aside from that, get use to it is all I know. There are many ways IMO to come to enlightenment, and life itself is the most effective way probably. But everyone will have their own way of expressing what they learned. And as these are generally based on understandings, rather than a specific group of words, people at times clash. Usually because of misunderstandings, people seeing words differently and so forth.

Like math, if you know how to add you can think of many ways to express an addition, 1+1=2, 5+20=25 and so forth. Each a unique expression of the same understanding.

You aren't going to find these magic people who do not speak as though they are right. Everyone "thinks" they are right. If they thought they were wrong, then they would simply change their mind. Such is to be expected IMO.

Generally, when someone is trying to build themselves up as an authority figure with credibility, they are compensating for something. If they are not compensating, then you should be able to understand their meaning, although that is a 2 way street. Doesn't do much good to broadcast to 95.5FM if the other persons radio is set on 107.7 FM.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To the OP:

I'd say about 30% of the people I've encountered here on ATS are some variety of attention whore, whose posts mainly consist of words to the effect of: "I have secret knowledge, and you're all sheep" OR "I'm special, and I have supernatural powers/ a special lineage / knowledge of the path to God".

Unfortunately, you're just gonna have to get used to it. There are lots of sad cases around whose joy in life seems to be to lie on the internet about things they actually have no idea about.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
....oh, and the atheists!

I almost forgot about the atheists, whose preaching is actually worse (on this forum at least) than that of the deists!!!

top topics

join