It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden would avoid subways, planes after swine flu outbreak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Biden would avoid subways, planes after swine flu outbreak

www.politico.com

Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday that he would not recommend taking any commercial flight or riding in a subway car “at this point” because swine flu virus can spread “in confined places.”

““I would not be, at this point – if they had another way of transportation – suggesting they ride the subway,” Biden said on NBC’s “Today” show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It seems we keep getting conflicting information on this Influenza A (swine flu). On one hand the WHO is increasing the threat level to 5 and on the other hand the CDC is saying there have only been 7 actual deaths. Now we got Biden tellling us not to travel on subways and planes. Is anyone else getting the feeling we are not being told everything?

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I saw it too, what it is eating me is how nonchalant he is about the economy, actually what he is advocating will cause a collapse of the nations economy.

Remember in 9/11 and Bush telling people to go and shop, shop and do more shopping?

Now biden wants us to barricade our selves in our homes, what a way to stop all those thought of protest and anarchy, Americans are not safe in the streets now.

But guess what he didn't said a darn thing about closing the borders with Mexico, or stopping the Airplanes coming from Mexico city or the buses loaded with people from the border.

So its me the only smelling agenda here?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I didn't catch it but what did he mean by "schools should be closed as the threat of swine flu increases."?

So the VP is saying all schools should close? or just ones who are in areas where the swine flu is found?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
seems like they are intentionally causing complete confusion..

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Remember Biden's "warning" about Obama facing a serious problem during the first 6 months of his presidency?

In light of recent events do people think something weird is going on, or do you think he was just making a general statement about the historical context of the presidency and other presidents facing challenges. If that makes sense.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
Remember Biden's "warning" about Obama facing a serious problem during the first 6 months of his presidency?

In light of recent events do people think something weird is going on, or do you think he was just making a general statement about the historical context of the presidency and other presidents facing challenges. If that makes sense.

It almost seems prohetic now given the recent events...You could pick any one of 3 or 4 differnent situations and refer back to Biden's statement. I would love to pull back the curtain on these politicians if they are with holding info on a pending biological attack or any other National emergency Biden would be the one to let it slip out.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hmmmm yeah Biden, he you know... rides the Subway or takes a Commercial Flight ever in his life? Maybe he rode the subway last when he was 9?

In the event of an emergency this is the guy you want advice from on anything?

Biden Reccomends!

It should be a weekly broadcast so we can all get by and know what to do...

Biden Recommends, putting your head between your legs in the event of a Nuclear Missile attack

Biden Recommends in the event of an Anthrax attack don't just get duct tape, use staples too!

Biden Reccomends during marshal law if brought to a detention camp, Don't drop the soap

What a Puts

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Hmmmm yeah Biden, he you know... rides the Subway or takes a Commercial Flight ever in his life? Maybe he rode the subway last when he was 9?

He rode the train from DC to Wilmington DE - while he was a senator - nearly every day. He commuted all the time.

(I live in Wilmington. I know this is true)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Actually I think Joe Biden actually does ride the train to work everyday...I don't look to Biden so much for advice...I'm looking for information he unintentionally releases, this could be evidence that the Flu is worse than we thought and he knows it....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

OK, so I know this is real difficult for people to wrap their mind around but just because people are NOT dying en masse in the US doesn't remove the fact that this flu is AMAZINGLY Viral...

This is an amazing event regardless of # of deaths.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ya'll missed the most important thing he said .. he told his family to avoid THE CLASSROOM.

He's got grandkids who are school age.
He's telling them to avoid the classroom.

The Vice President just said that.

CLOSE THE DAMN SCHOOLS!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

something is going on that is not being revealed...

i think the SHTF and we just don't know it yet

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Okay props to Biden for actually riding the subway...

But I still find it ridiculous when public officials are made to parade out and "say something" before anyone knows much yet

Or need to tell us ways to do things to "save ourselves"

I was referencing the old bomb drills in School days and The Anthrax duct tape thing..

Don't ride the subway...

please, Getting it fast and early is how I deal with any flu

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So is it real or another excuse or desperate attempt for a massive intervention by the government in the economy ? My bet is the latter so hold on to your piggy bank it just may get raided again.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think Biden is more like the drunk, belligerent family member that wants to propose a toast at Thanksgiving and everyone just cringes wondering what he's gonna say next.

I'm surprised Obama lets him out in public to speak since they have to do spin control after almost every one of his interviews

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The Biden fallout continues despite WH clarification. Air Transport Assn sends VP letter expressing "extreme disappointment" in comments

CNN - twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Back Peddle!

On the "Today Show," Biden was asked what he would tell a member of his family about air travel to Mexico.

"I would tell members of my family and I have, I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not that you're going to Mexico, it's you're in a confined aircraft. When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me.

"I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. … So from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing, if you're in a closed aircraft or closed container or closed car or closed classroom it's a different thing."

Not long after the program aired, Biden released a statement through his spokeswoman, Elizabeth Alexander.

"On the (NBC) 'Today Show' this morning, the vice president was asked what he would tell a family member who was considering air travel to Mexico this week," the statement says.

"The advice he is giving family members is the same advice the administration is giving to all Americans: that they should avoid unnecessary
air travel to and from Mexico."

"If they are sick, they should avoid airplanes and other confined public spaces, such as subways. This is the advice the vice president has given family members who are traveling by commercial airline this week."

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I agree with Biden, better safe than sorry. It is common sense people, if you don't need to take a trip in a plane or go to work in a subway/bus DON'T do it. Let this thing blow over before it gets out of hand.

And yes I understand the above will effect the economy greatly, but pick your poison I guess. I personally will take a poor economy over this bug, which if it gets out of hand it will make our economic situation look like childs play.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Flyers on that I agree 100%, "closing the schools" specially if you are in one of the states that are closes to the border and your children riding the bus or sharing classrooms with immigrants.

I definitely will keep my children at home.

Believe it of not the schools are the most unsafe place when is an epidemic running around.

Darn I remember when I started to work in the school system in GA I caught strep throat like 4 times in one year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join