It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security preps flue quarantine guidelines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Homeland Security preps flu quarantine guidelines

rawstory.com

The Department of Homeland Security is preparing to quarantine people with confirmed swine flu infections, according to a newly released memo obtained by CBS News.

From CBS:

[The memo] says: "The Department of Justice has established legal federal authorities pertaining to the implementation of a quarantine and enforcement. Under approval from HHS, the Surgeon General has the authority to issue quarantines."

McGaw appears to have been referring to the section of federal law that allow
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So, anyone who refuses to comply will get a $250,000 prison term.

Sheep- take your vaccine...

Or you'll get punished. What the hell is the DHS getting involved in this? I don't understand why the homeland security department is getting involved in this when isn't this the job of the health and human services department?

Things are getting weirder and weirder. They have now given the authority to detain anyone who they deem to have a communicable disease.

This is just ridiculous.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Seriously....

You guys NEED to get OUT of that country!
Either that or fight nazism or give in to it.

3 options, decide NOW!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This clearly falls under the responsibility of Homeland Security so I wouldn't consider their involvement as some sort of red flag. Also, if the epidemic (pandemic?) reaches the point where it becomes necessary to quarantine those who have contracted the flu, then there has to be a punitive component to the plan. How else does the govt enforce it?

I understand that most of us are feeling very ill at ease with all that is happening but it is important that we keep events in perspective and not immediately view any steps taken as a precursor to martial law.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Homeland security should be closed down.
it's a waste of money and just adds useless red tape to something that worked better before them

FEMA is a complete failure!

Drop these govts. within govt.!

someone post a video link of that MTV commercial showing that the holocause happened to normal people and can happen to anyone!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That's besides the point. The government has given themselves the legal authority to detain anyone at will. That's what we should be worried about.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I can't wait to see everyone at the FEMA camps.

This is ridiculous. I can no longer trust our government anymore.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I was wondering why DHS was so involved in all this. Now I know. It's funny that this is being brought up by this H1N1 virus when simple flu, which has killed over 16,000 people this year alone, is being ignored.

Yes, this flu has gone global. Yes, alot of people have died in Mexico but to start forcing people "reasonably believed to be infected" into quarentine? Who makes this determination?

I don't know, I guess being a conspiricy nut makes me more sceptical than most people, but this sounds hinky.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

That's besides the point. The government has given themselves the legal authority to detain anyone at will. That's what we should be worried about.

The govt has that authority. They don't need to "give it to themselves." Are you suggesting that there is not precedent for medical quarantine? Can you explain how the govt has greater power to quarantine now than they did a year ago? Two years ago? Ten? Twenty?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

That's the whole problem. Now they've just activated the authority to use it and they're conditioning us to let them use it on a mass scale. Don't you see?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Your constitution was made to restrain the government, not the people!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

That's the whole problem. Now they've just activated the authority to use it and they're conditioning us to let them use it on a mass scale. Don't you see?

So let me understand your point. The gov't is preparing to enact powers they legally possess in the event a medical quarantine is necessary to control the spread of a potentially deadly disease.

And that's a problem?

I'm confused. Other than abject paranoia, what reasons to do you have for taking objection to this? Are you advocating the over turning of laws that allow the government to employ a quarantine? If so, are you also of the belief that there is no medical justification for implementing a quarantine?

If you are going to take that stance then I believe you need to produce some supporting evidence to support that view.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is nothing but crap, people you need to know that whatever they are pushing is nothing but agendas.

The flu is airborne so no matter what so call quarantine stupidity they are planning to enforce is already in the air waves and anybody that breath, blink and eat will get it no matter what.

Nothing but agendas and I will like to know with what purpose.

Time for revolution people.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Your constitution was made to restrain the government, not the people!

So, stopping the spread of a potentially deadly virus constitutes restraining the people? Or are you advocating virus rights to freedom of infection?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Brilliant quote....
Now how can we get our government in on this?????

Peace...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread but it really fits here since the DHS will use the Executive Order 13375 against the U.S. citizens if they do not comply.........why do I have a feeling that once they take you, you will never be heard from again?

Remember the Denver Murals?

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
HAHAHHAHAHHA thats pure coincidence ... FEMA camps, that video on youtube about a virus, and now this ....

man, americans are doomed ...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What the hell is the DHS getting involved in this? I don't understand why the homeland security department is getting involved in this when isn't this the job of the health and human services department?

I think the main reason that DHS is at the lead in this particular instance is because the HHS secretary Kathleen Sebelius was just sworn in yesterday and as of yet there has not been a Surgeon General appointed.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Dear God:

HELP!!

I can't believe what is happening. At first I wanted to think this flu was all just bad luck, but I am having second thoughts.

We need to watch and see who gets the flu and who doesn't.

Will KEY government people get it? Doubtful. Obama shook hands with who knows how many hundreds of people in Mexico just last week, and yet he is the picture of health? You know there were dozens of people in Obama's entourage who spent time in Mexico during a high contagion period, the very WORST time when it wasn't even known yet so no precautions were taken by any of them, and yet not a one of them is sick?????????

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Does anyone else read this like I did? To me this is a backdoor way of getting around habeus corpus. I think this is it, ladies and gentlemen. I should have known the April 1st meeting of G20 would be the start to more disasters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join