It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just off work, wanted to catch up...

So my apologies if this was posted...
Secretary Sebelius Takes Two Key Actions On Strategic National Stockpile

13 Million Treatment Courses Purchased to Replenish Stocks Sent to the States, 400,000 Treatment Courses Deployed to Mexico

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced today that the Federal government will purchase an additional 13 million treatment courses to help fight influenza, including the 2009 H1N1 flu virus. The additional treatment courses will be added to the Strategic National Stockpile. The Secretary also announced that HHS began moving 400,000 treatment courses to Mexico to help slow the spread of the H1N1 virus.

www.hhs.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
China warns of swine flu threat as millions prepare to travel
www.google.com...

juliacoleman: THERE'S SWINE FLU IN AMHERST. get me outta here.
less than 5 seconds ago from web

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Update from WHO

30 April 2009 -- The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 17:00 GMT, 30 April 2009, 11 countries have officially reported 257 cases of influenza A (H1N1) infection.

The United States Government has reported 109 laboratory confirmed human cases, including one death. Mexico has reported 97 confirmed human cases of infection, including seven deaths.

The following countries have reported laboratory confirmed cases with no deaths - Austria (1), Canada (19), Germany (3), Israel (2), Netherlands (1), New Zealand (3), Spain (13), Switzerland (1) and the United Kingdom (8).
sharing.govdelivery.com...

Keep in mind that WHO is ONLY confirmed cases, that is in infection and fatalities.

'Threat to humanity' closes Mexico down

MEXICO will today come to a virtual standstill as the country widens its efforts to limit further spread of the deadly swine flu.

news.scotsman.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Canada swine flu cases rise to 34
ca.news.yahoo.com...

Sixth possible swine flu case cited in Connecticut
www.rep-am.com...

6 Probable Cases Of Swine Flu Reported In Md.
wjz.com...

katiesiani: Swine flu in Manatee County? orly now?
less than 10 seconds ago from web

Complete List of North Texas School Closures
www.the33tv.com...

Swine Flu Breaks Out in 11 Countries, Shutting Schools, Offices
health.mashget.com...

mg_health: Delaware cancels trip to Hofstra because of swine flu: Delaware's softball team canceled its trip to Hofstra Thu.. /cbbu25
less than 20 seconds ago from twitterfeed

New Zealand: Nelson member of parliament tests positive for influenza A; subtype analysis currently underway. #swineflu2 minutes ago from web

Idaho: Probable case of influenza A (H1N1) identified in a Kootenai County resident who had recently traveled to Texas. #swineflu3 minutes ago from web

Pace University student case
www.pace.edu...

New Zealand, Auckland: Health official states probable influenza A (H1N1) case arrived on 19 April from America; 136 suspected cases total15 minutes ago from web

Donnie_Brooks: according to google maps, the swine flu has hit hogtown Va. Ironic? http://(link tracking not allowed)/b3Rsx (expand)
less than 10 seconds ago from TweetDeck

A re-post from earlier...for those who might of missed it...

State labs: US swine flu cases likely higher
apnews.myway.com...

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Report Suspected Fraudulent or Criminal Activity Associated with H1N1 Flu Virus

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is alerting the public to be wary of Internet sites selling products that claim to prevent, treat or cure 2009 H1N1 flu virus, and is informing offending websites that they must take prompt action to correct and/or remove promotions of these fraudulent products or face immediate enforcement action.

sharing.govdelivery.com...

CDC Travel Health Warning
Travel Warning: Swine Influenza and Severe Cases of Respiratory Illness in Mexico — Avoid Nonessential Travel to Mexico
This information is current as of today, April 30, 2009 at 22:36 EDT

There is the term "Lung Illness" again,
wwwn.cdc.gov...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

CurvesSmart: RT @GigiGraciette: CA Dept of Public Hlth hotline w/info swine flu. 888-865-0564 - 7 am - 6 pm weekdays 8 am - 4 pm on weekends. #SwineFlu
less than 20 seconds ago from TweetDeck

4 Santa Clara schools closed because of swine flu
sfgate.com

aarond22: School systems in Texas being closed down for weeks, a little excessive, but best to protect our children from swine flu, but a little much
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Swine flu patient ‘still very seriously ill’
lagrangenews.com

TheGurlFromOz81: The swine flu is down to Montgomery AL. Great thats like 2 hours away, perfect.
less than 20 seconds ago from txt

Well...if nothing else, were keeping ourselves informed

Hear that "lurkers"!

BTW: After reading thousands of "twits", TRYING to get info...

I can now tell you...99% of that carp is carp...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
U.S. H1N1 Victim Visited Texas Mall
www.cbsnews.com...

Flu Hits 17 States; 300 Schools Close
www.cbsnews.com...

DHS Email to Employees regarding threat of Swine Flu
www.foxnews.com...

Latest on Marine with Swine Flu, he's improving
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Newlyweds became the UK’s first confirmed victims of swine flu last night described how they caught the virus on their flight back to Britain.

But they had joked on the flight home about getting sick after five men sitting close to them on the plane to Birmingham had been repeatedly coughing and sneezing.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Hx3_1963. Yes I need to see a peep from a lurker! Need a break? Thats what I am thinking!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

Thanks for the link

Unbelievable, i know these A-wipes are not giving us the real numbers. They keep saying it's serious, but yet they're hiding the real numbers from us, why ?

Here is some perspective. Do the math. From WHO home page.

Every year, there are about 250 million malaria cases and nearly one million deaths.

Percent that die .004

Flying-Pig Flu in Mexico reports 3000 people sick and 180 dead

Percent that die .06

If 250 million people catch this Flying-Pig flu nearly 15 million could die.

(That is 15 times more lethal than malaria BASED on what Mexico has reported so far.)

And on simple flu death rates of 36,000 every year in the USA, we also have 36-50 MILLION that get sick.

The math says the percent that die from simple flu is .001 to .00072 (very few in proportion.)

In addition, if you take the ratio for regular flu and multiply the number of dead from Flying-Pig flu we SHOULD expect to see 180,000 sick people at that rate. So where are the sick?

OK, the final ratio. If this were a simple flu for the 3,000 reported sick we would expect Three (3) total dead so far. Any one seeing a problem here?

It is such a difficult thing I am about to write. . . I want to discover that Mexico is under reporting by hundreds of thousands of sick people. So we know it is less deadly.

If Mexico is reporting the truth this is a very, very dangerous flu. So one asks why would they under report?

Mass panic. The people will panic if so many people are falling ill, or they will panic if few are ill but it is deadly. So instead they misinform and stall. The problem with that is the WHO must report and track something.

Mexico says it is tapering off today. Don’t you believe it! People are hunkering down at home and will avoid the hospitals until they need to be carried in at this point. In their minds at this time entering the hospital is like entering a virus proving ground. They are a place of last resort.

Pray the internet does not collapse over the weekend; we are going to need it.

PS my state Governor issued a Medical Emergency for us this afternoon with only one reported illness. One person in a city of a million.

What does he know about the flu that you don't?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
not sure if anyone posted news regarding Florida, but it seems we're still awaiting test results...

Three Florida cases sent to CDC for swine flu testing

The Florida Department of Health has sent samples from three flu cases to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for further analysis to see if they are swine flu. It means testing of the samples by state laboratories could not rule out that possibility.

The samples were from Broward, Orange and Lee counties, with none from Miami-Dade, according to Susan Smith, spokeswoman for the state health department.

State labs have received at least 70 possible swine flu samples from several Florida counties, including 20 from Miami-Dade and ''several'' from Broward. It wasn't clear whether the fact that only three cases were sent on to the CDC means the rest have been ruled out as swine flu.

Miami-Dade health officials said Thursday they haven't been told whether the 20 Dade cases have been analyzed yet, or when they might get results.

Broward County Health Department spokeswoman Candy Sims said samples from ''several'' possible flu cases had been sent to the Florida Department of Health labs for analysis.

She didn't know when she might get results from the case forwarded to the CDC. And she said she had no further information about the possible Broward case.

[edit on 4-30-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
KOIN_Local_6: Western Oregon University student tested positive for flu, now being tested for H1N1 swine flu strain.
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Two Fairfield University students probable for swine flu, samples sent to CDC for confirmation
www.stamfordplus.com... rmation4829.shtml

S.C. reports 17 probable cases
www.postandcourier.com...

Virginia says has two confirmed cases of flu
www.alertnet.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

I have a funny feeling, like you and a lot of posters here...this is weird reporting...and very good decuctions, keep in mind the CDC and the WHO only report confirmed cases of infection and confirmed cases of death

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. Looks like you finally took a much needed break
Be careful not to get too consumed by this don't need you becoming exhausted.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

mttsmith: Mama Rell says there are 5 probable cases of #swineflu in CT with the latest case in Torrington.
1 minute ago from web

Thanks fer noticing...

Only it's not me...Borg require very little Re-Gen...

It's them...a few hours ago "something" happened...news has came to a virtual stand still...very few releases on ANY relevant news, from ANYWHERE...

Except search.twitter...if you can call that info..."twit"ter is right...

Hmmm...
Me fears it's a bad omen...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

They're regrouping and setting the next stage.

Just don't let yourself get overwhelmed and exhausted

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

The next stage is probably .gov censored info release...

I'd swear that search.twitter outage earlier was something weird...

Seems like a lot of the "twitting" is repeated quite a bit...like...this is a recording...Hmmm...watch it yer self for a few...
search.twitter.com...

Let me know what you think...anyone...really...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Never been on Twitter, but i'll take a look.

Since you're talking about it being down for awhile, did you have any problems with ATS today ? I had a hard time gettin on fisrt thing today kept saying something about unable to service requests (internal reason 132) it took me over 45 minutes to log in.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Peru: Four New Influenza A (H1N1) Suspected Cases Reported; Cumulative Total Reaches Eight Cases Nationwide. #swineflu #H1N12 minutes ago from web

Mexico: 52 Additional Cases of Influenza A (H1N1) Confirmed; Total Increases to 312 Cases. #swineflu #H1N15 minutes ago from web

Mexico says economy contracts nearly 7.0 percent in first quarter, industry down 12 percent, AP reports.22 minutes ago from web

AP: Mexico's top epidemiologist calls WHO's reaction to epidemic slow, wants probe.22 minutes ago from web

Some kind of "unknown" problem, as they don't use server logs, it might be hard to pin down the cause...Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I agree with them about the WHO's reaction being too slow.

I got kinda nervous for a minute when i couldn't get on , thought maybe one of us hit on something they didn't like, got a little too close and they shut it down.

That video was funny, scared my granddaughter for a minute her face got all white and she asked if they were serious, i explained it was just a joke, poor baby they know when something bad is goin on no matter how young they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hummm...

is that something that was just uploaded...and did you see my post that had Sebelius ordering all the Tamiflu?

Australia, Tasmania: Influenza A (H1N1) Ruled Out Among All Suspected Cases. #swineflu #H1N1
3 minutes ago from web
twitter.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join