It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major scandal erupts involving Rep. Jane Harman, Alberto Gonzales and AIPAC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CepheidVariable
Wow, I don't know what to make of it, but Obermann is about to have a pretty big story about this, including an interview with the reporter who brought this out.

Hopefully they follow where this leads... tug on the loose thread & watch it all unravel.

I don't think rabid, spittle-flying shouts of 'Anti-Semetism!!!!!!!' are going to work this time... hopefully.

Watched the Olbermann interview and was disappointed as usual. He pushed on investigations and charges on Gonzales but didnt push for the congresswoman to resign or to pursue investigations on her. Fox tows the line for Gonzales and MSNBC for Harmon. Disgusting and this is why you have to check several sources to a story so you can get the full story.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A lot of this story is at Wiki already including names etc,it's an old one.
BTW the OP's first quote seems to indicate that Jane Harman is a Republican,anyway this thread has some quite ugly statements
in it.
It is a political thread,and some statements go beyond politics,
to include countries as a whole,rather than the agenda of those countries leaders.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

What many people neglect to realize is that a very big portion of the support Israel receives from the US is not because of the Israelis but rather because of the Evangelical doomsaying, rapture wanting, apocalypse dreaming, christian right.

This simply FURTHER shows that the govt is serving special interests and not the US populace.

Hmmm - looks like someone might have read Mearshimer and Walt "The Israeli Lobby" - for anyone who hasn't read it - time you did.

Henry Kissinger - he is the very person who sold your entire nation down the road to support Israel - he is also the very person who formed the new world order.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think there is a different reason for this, not the one outlined by the original poster.

My psychic opinion is that Israel needs to ensure it has our backing in case it gets into a turf war with Iran and its supporters. They, with Yahweh (God) help, will ensure that Israel does not fall and that the Muslim Extremists that want Israel crushed to oblivion, do not get their wishes.

Folks, simply put, if we fail to back Israel, we lose, they lose. Simple as that.
Read the book of Revelations. We are the EAGLE, Russia the BEAR, England the LION, China the BOAR. Its all there for your edification.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
I think there is a different reason for this, not the one outlined by the original poster.

My psychic opinion is that Israel needs to ensure it has our backing in case it gets into a turf war with Iran and its supporters. They, with Yahweh (God) help, will ensure that Israel does not fall and that the Muslim Extremists that want Israel crushed to oblivion, do not get their wishes.

Folks, simply put, if we fail to back Israel, we lose, they lose. Simple as that.
Read the book of Revelations. We are the EAGLE, Russia the BEAR, England the LION, China the BOAR. Its all there for your edification.

Ok so what do these animals do? Do you have a quote referring to these animals in revelations?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think the ire in this thread is misdirected. Instead of lamenting the 'control' that Israel has in Washington, you should be thoroughly disgusted at how easily our politicians are bought and sold.

If our politicians are so corrupt, you can't really blame another country for taking advantage of that fact. And finally, Israel isn't the only country that manipulates our gov't. Many others do (Saudi Arabia, maybe?) also.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Way to turn this story into an anti-Semitic sideshow.

She is indeed a Democrat. There will be a little coverage and the people who always bang their fists will do so. Then it will quietly slip into the ether and a couple of years from now somebody will ask "Whatever happened to that Jane Harman story? Four years from now, nobody will even remember. Soon after she will be a commentator on MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I think the ire in this thread is misdirected. Instead of lamenting the 'control' that Israel has in Washington, you should be thoroughly disgusted at how easily our politicians are bought and sold.

If our politicians are so corrupt, you can't really blame another country for taking advantage of that fact. And finally, Israel isn't the only country that manipulates our gov't. Many others do (Saudi Arabia, maybe?) also.

Sure it can be put on Israel. We give Israel billions a year in cash, billions a year in weapons, and our full military backing and they STILL find that they need to have a full court spy ring in our country and duals in our government. Yes we need to wash our hands of Saudi Arabia also but we SERIOUSLY need to wash our hands of Israel. They present no real value to us as a nation and are really nothing but a detriment to our country and its citizens.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Way to turn this story into an anti-Semitic sideshow.

She is indeed a Democrat. There will be a little coverage and the people who always bang their fists will do so. Then it will quietly slip into the ether and a couple of years from now somebody will ask "Whatever happened to that Jane Harman story? Four years from now, nobody will even remember. Soon after she will be a commentator on MSNBC.

Anti Semetic sideshow? Actually MSNBC (Keith Olbermann) did a story on this and yes they did put it all on Alberto Gonzales just like the story Fox News put on this blamed it all on Harmon and left out Gonzales. This is why you cannot trust the MSM for the full story and a prime example of how they slant things. Not sure where you get Anti Semetic.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In my personal view this is a classic example of whats going on and whats wrong with our government .

If this had been the average Joe who did this They most likely never see the out side of a federal pen

When are these chosen few ever going to be held accountable to the existing laws of the land and to the constituents who put them in office . Political favors and political games are ruining this country .

Term limits and caps on election finance plus all PAC should have strict controls if allowed to contact a representative at all .

This sounds like semi solid bio waste from a male bovine too me .

30 years ago I thought how noble the political job was working to do the best for your constituents and the American public as well . Now I view them as a legalized crook you can lie steal cheat bribe black mail and as long as you dont rock the boat get away with it .

We need a house cleaning soon .

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
It’s no secret that the Israeli Lobbies virtually run the nation. Rham Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff? The former head of Homeland Security a dual American and Israeli citizen?

Oh it was way more than that here is a nice link here

www.viewzone.com...

I wonder if they will do an updated Obama version with all the updated dual citizens.

It is absolutely insane that ANY Federal Government post be held by someone with dual citizenship let alone a top Cabinet Level Post like former Homeland Security Director Michael Chertoff.

Who would even need an Intelligence Agency when you can put your nation's citizens in jobs that sensative in our nation without even having to hide that you are a citizen for another country?

Washington D.C. and the Federal Government has truly lost it's way. People need to start being impeached from their positions, prosecuted and if quilty of aiding an other nation's interest over our own sent to jail with the very maximum sentence the law will allow.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

It's all there for our confusion and misinformation.

If this God exists let him see to taking care of 'his' 'chosen' people on 'his' dime not the American Tax Payers and not at the expense of American's political integrity.

If you feel so strongly buy as many silver bullets and cloves of garlic to send to Israel along with any other superstitious nonsense you care too.

Our constitution is based on seperation of religion and state not propping up the obscenties of a 2000 year old absentee landlord dessert God's so called parcel of land.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

MBU....it actually wasn't Olbermann, if you are referring to 'Countdown' tonight, 20 April. David Shuster is sitting in for Keith Olbermann.

What is important to note is....that MSNBC does NOT coddle someone just because she/he is a Democrat. Despite the tree-shakers who would like to think that all MSNBC and CNN do is 'apologize' for the Democratic members of Government.

Low-hanging fruit is easy pickin'...and controversy, lies and rotten behavior is all fair game. (I'm looking at YOU, Rod Blag!!!)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by Pyros

What people are REALLY neglecting to realize is that this so-called story is based upon "two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript". In other words..........unnamed sources.

Yawn. Please don't give unsubstantiated rumors any more credibility than they deserve. Nothing would make me happier than seeing a California-bred left wing moonbat get strung up for treason.......but this stinks of shenanigans and rumor mongering.

What YOU neglect to realize is that this story was validated through investigation as far back as 2006. Time magzine, no neocons there, covered it that long ago. Others have since.

[There is a site called "Google." It allows you to type certain keywords ( like "Harman" and "NSA"). If you click on the "SEARCH" button, this site will provide you with "links" to places that have featured those words in a story. Really! Ask a grownup to show you.]

Moreover, Sen. Harmans' office has confirmed the conversations, as recently as TODAY! Story ran on CNN and FOX, both. Sen. Harman and her office DENY that the senator is the subject of an investigation. They acknowledge that the recording, conversation and lobbying took place!

Too bad you do not read or research, or you would have learned this before a false and deceitful post. You no longer have any credibility.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Jane Harmon says she will waddle into this? Is she extremely fat or is she, maybe a duck? lol. I am not surprised. Our entire government is on the Zionist side. If the representatives who first go to D.C. aren't, I believe they are soon schooled in proper actions.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Rep Harman should be forced from office and put on trail for treason.But we all know that won't happen simply because of her position on the House intelligence committee and the Israeli lobby will be screaming antisemitism at any one who pursues this case.In the end both parties look out for one another.

[edit on 113030p://4426 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What amazes me is that the fact of the matter is everyone involved in Washington at these ranks are wiretapped, and should know this? also the even bigger story is there are many others out there like this or even more major that have not been leaked, the intelligence agencies are under control by the powers that be, that are heard but never seen.

Whenever a story like this is leaked it is very politcal and the people behind it that had anything to do with leaking it before a proper closeout of the legal side, charges or case coming officially should be dealt with accordingly also, now please believe that many of the scandals about the previous administration that possibly would have been permanently iced will somehow now unthaw and begin to wreak and those that really thought they would get away scott free will be facing some jailtime, I guarantee it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Star and flag for you. I didn't see anything coming close to this on the msm sites and i just check alot of them, it seems everyone is keeping this hush hush.

Keep diggin chief, it's time to see if a snake or rabbit is buried in this hole (even though we all know its a snake). What kills me because we have direct proof of outside and inside forces conspiring to influence national policy.

Where the hell is homeland security? Under the laws of the patriot act, she needs to be arrested, detained and questioned for 7 days without contact to a lawyer or ANY outside persons..oh yea thats right, THAT act only applies to nobodies...

You know what, its been time to cut off Isreal, like a parent does a junkie kid. Isreal is only talk and bluster let's see how they approach other nations when they go dolo.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Are there any tie's to this lady and Obama?

Well ALOT of folk's say he is Muslim..hiding it.

So it would make alot more sense..if they are trying to get a strangle hold in America..what better way then with ..DODODDO the president.

And obama did gravel at the guys..almost bowed to the floor remember.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Since this story originally ran in 2006, it makes me wonder why they are digging it up now? What are they trying to distract us from or is this simply the time that they deem appropriate to get rid of Harman? Dishonest bastards, all of them. It is a shame that nothing can be taken at face value.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join