It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in weather baloons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been saying this to myself for years now only in a comic sense, but I was sharing my quote today with a friend and come to think of it... I've never seen a weather baloon with my own eyes.
Just wondering f anyone else has. I've seen pictures, but I refuse to believe in them until I see one with my own two eyes. If you can convince me otherwise please feel free to try.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by pegasi51]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
They're hard to identify, being round and all, but here is a good place to start.

Apparently, with the right contacts and the right price you can buy them too.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are many different types of weather ballons.......
I am ex Artillery and we used weather ballons so yeah they are real

www.scientificsales.com...

technology.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Good point. Have you ever noticed that weather balloons is our govenrments first escuse for UFO sightings? Its like as soon as our government gets a UFO report they're like " Nope had to be a crashed weather balloon." of something like that. Thats just my take on things.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracySquid7

Do you expect the Government to panic and start running around the room yelling "OMG @#$@!#$ OMG. WTF IS THAT. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" ?

The answer is no. What would you do in that situation?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl

Do you expect the Government to panic and start running around the room yelling "OMG @#$@!#$ OMG. WTF IS THAT. EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" ?

The answer is no. What would you do in that situation?

Sry man i was just trying to put some humor in that but its kinda hard to pick up over the internet.
To tell ya the truth idk what i would do.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Nah mate you're all right , no need to apologize. I knew you were being sarcastic and such i was just playing around not bagging you or anything

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Am i the only one with the sudden urge to go out and buy a friggin' weather ballon? Think of the fun that could be had.....

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I did find this to aid in identification of such devices.
i259.photobucket.com...[/IMG]]Weather balloon ID chart

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGummyPants
Am i the only one with the sudden urge to go out and buy a friggin' weather ballon? Think of the fun that could be had.....

Like this...
ariel photography for less than fifty bucks!
balloon camera

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Weather Balloons do exist. My grade school class launched one 30 years ago...and they are commonly available and not as expensive as you might think.

However, it's much cheaper to use a Dry Cleaning Bag. Suspend an Aluminum Can from the bottom, throw in a votive candle, fill the Dry Cleaning Bag with some Butane gas from a Bic Lighter, light votive candle and let it go. It makes it to radar detection height in little time, with the Aluminum Can being more than enough to set off FAA Radar systems and trigger a UFO alert, and at night looks stunning when captured on film...about a minute later it will combust into flames leaving nothing for scrambled fighter jets to find. Kids around my neck of the woods do this all the time...frequently enough that you begin to believe in the Weather Balloon excuse.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
I've been saying this to myself for years now only in a comic sense, but I was sharing my quote today with a friend and come to think of it... I've never seen a weather baloon with my own eyes.
Just wondering f anyone else has. I've seen pictures, but I refuse to believe in them until I see one with my own two eyes. If you can convince me otherwise please feel free to try.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by pegasi51]

Got any friends in the Navy? Meteorologic data is collected by them. For some reason the fly-guys want to know what the air's like at 30 angels.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

thank god - I thought I was the only one

:-)

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Maybe aliens come here in weather balloons, ever think of that? How convenient a cover story, it's a weather balloon. What you don't know is that weather balloons ARE the recovered alien technology. Just look at Roswell. Maybe aliens come to this planet for the awesome ballooning that our thick atmosphere provides.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Check out the NASA Columbia Scientific Balloon project. Very high tech, able to launch 8-10k lbs payloads placed in high atmosphere orbits for over a month. They can even set them down for retrieval. Used for Lidar mapping and hi-def cam imagery.

One cool thing... they got links to some of the balloons that bring up their gps locations pinned on maps.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i actually own 12 - why ? i has an insane urge to go cluster ballooning

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DezertSkies
Maybe aliens come here in weather balloons, ever think of that? How convenient a cover story, it's a weather balloon. What you don't know is that weather balloons ARE the recovered alien technology. Just look at Roswell. Maybe aliens come to this planet for the awesome ballooning that our thick atmosphere provides.

That is f**ing brilliant!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

You have a very dumb approach. You won't believe anything if you don't see it first hand? How ignorant is that? I guess you don't believe in Antarctica too, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well I lived way out i the bonnies and one day was mowing the cow paster .
saw this orange plastice type stuff so got down to take a look there a box attached to it and rope attaching the box to the orange plastic anyway the box had a phone number so i called then they gave me an address to send it back to.
well like i said i lived in the bonnies so made the front page man finds weather bollon lol of cores i shouldn't brag about being on the front page that paper only had one page anyway lol

new topics

top topics

join