It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. phone intercepts go beyond legal limits: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

U.S. phone intercepts go beyond legal limits: report

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The National Security Agency intercepted Americans' e-mails and phone calls in recent months on a scale that went beyond limits set by the U.S. Congress last year, The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Citing unnamed intelligence officials, it said the NSA had engaged in "'over-collection' of domestic communications of Americans." The sources variously characterized the practice as significant, systemic or unintentional, the Times said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, that’s really change I can believe in. Illegal wire taps under the Fascist Bush Regime, now illegal wire taps by the Fascist Obama Regime.

It really doesn't matter who the figure head is. This country is heading down a path to totalitarianism faster by the day. Its amazing how TPTB were able to manipulate the electorate in order to convince them that we need to elect this Manchurian Candidate to "change" the policies of the previous administration when all along, he has moved us further and faster towards the end of liberty and privacy.

The last paragraph of the article them mentions how Obama has "changed" some Bush policies by citing the "order" to close Gitmo. Lets see what happens in a year with Gitmo, I have a feeling it won't really matter, we will be under Martial Law and we will not be allowed to ask questions about Gitmo.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is another interesting article about the "change" we were promised:

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has told a federal judge that military detainees in Afghanistan have no legal right to challenge their imprisonment there, embracing a key argument of former President Bush’s legal team.

www.nytimes.com...

Isn't change wonderful!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised by this. I always figured that the democrats in Congress did not protest loud enough or do enough to reign in Bush's administration. Really, they could have done considerable things to rally the American people. I also figured that the next president would be a democrat, although my money would have been on Hillary early on, and that this next president would not reverse these activities but expand them. Meanwhile a lot of people would say, it's okay now. We have CHANGE we can believe in! It's all better now! Ignore the little man behind the curtain. The evil republicans have been defeated! Yay!!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm shocked.

It's not the like the NSA have been implicated in a massive warrantless surveillance controversy before.

Read up about Mark Klein, a former AT&T employee who leaked the story about how NSA operatives were installing monitoring equipment right on AT&T's internet backbone networks.

Isn't change wonderful!!!

You didn't actually buy that did you?

One puppet is no different from the other. They all take orders from the Executive Branch and Special Interest Groups who hold Congress hostage.

Obama is Bush in a different skin colour and some new shoes. Other than that, he's becoming more and more like Bush every single day.
Cancelling torture enquiries, resuming drone attacks in Pakistan, accepting kickbacks from AIG, and now authorizing NSA mass surveillance.

Things sure have changed alright.

Changed for the worse... when Democrats and Republicans start acting the exact same way.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Wire tapping has been a norm since G-d knew when to safeguard the interests of the governments and cabals in the name of national security.

top topics

join