It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Henge vs. Tower of London.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am goign to London and Paris very soon, should I see Stone Henge or The Tower of London?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You should see the Stonehenge definatly. It's like 4000 years old. The tower of London if just a plain tower... nothing more about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
if your going to London then stonehenge will be a little out of your way, it's right down in the south west of england.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Go see the Tower Of London and the London Eye also if your into art Go see the Tate Gallery aswell as the The Natural History Museum

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the tower is supposed to be haunted

Well at least I think it's supposed to be...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd want to see them both, its not every day you get to visit Europe

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
stonehenge is in the middle of nowhere, and like pantha says its a long way out of london. at least if you see the tower of london you could go see other things as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tower of London! Was there last August and it was awesome....then go down the way to Harrod's do a bit of shopping, then over to the Hard Rock for dinner, quick stop at a Pub or two and you'll have a great time! The Crown Jewels were awesome.......unbelievable to see in person. I went into the bloody tower and expected to have some sort of "psychic" experience, and only got claustrophobic as the passage ways seemed narrow to me!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would go for Stonehenge.

During my time in England, I found the best places, that is, the places that Pisky and I enjoyed the most were the less touristy sites and yes, I know Stonehenge is touristy, but all the same, it's built on top of the leylines and you can literally FEEL the awesome power of the place.

Add to that the advantage of it being amidst some of the prettiest countryside I've ever seen.

Other recommended sites : Rollright Stones - a smaller version of Stonehenge but without the crowds. Amazing place. The vibes like totally rule.

Tenby, Wales - the BEST coastal village EVER !!!!!

York - teeny tiny streets and teeny tiny shops, and the nicest people ever. AWESOME !!!

Viriconium - ancient roman site, complete with baths and market place. You can see the complete shape of the major bathing pool, only it's filled in with earth. You can totally imagine the loud merrymaking and socializing that must have went on in the bathhouse. TOO cool. Also, when Pisky and I were there, we were like the only TWO people visiting at the time.

There are pluses to visiting the less touristy areas of England. I wouldn't even bother with London.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
My amazingly cute wife is correct. Stonehenge, Rollrights and Viriconium are very interesting places, as are York and Tenby.

However, she missed off Tintagel (supposed to be King Arthur's Camelot) and Stokesay Castle (see Pisky's ATS story). Also you could visit Boscobel and White Ladies which are close to each other and linked to the English Civil War.

Alternatively you could just visit Ye Olde trip to Jerusalem and get ratarsed in Nottingham.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Man, I went to London one time when I was about 15. Not very fun. The coolest part about the tower of london was the crown jewels and the guards with the H&K MP5's. I got shat on by a pigeon in Trafalgar Square too, right before I went to the arcade at Picadili (sp?) circus. London... not very fond memories. No offense to any english folks, it just wasn't my style.

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oh yeah make sure you hit up some clubs in Paris and London. They're the worlds best.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
yes as piskey mentioned Tintagel is a good place to visit, I was there last year, the views are breathtaking, You've got to be pretty fit though because there are hundreds of the steepest stone steps I've ever seen, to climb, that go right up sheer rockfaces. I've got some possible orb photo's that I took there. Orbs or maybe water vapour in the air???? I'll have to post them sometime.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Go to the tower and make sure you go on the free tour lead by a Beefeater. Stone Hedge is nothing special and is pretty beat down with graffti.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
See both of them if you can alough i haver never seen Stone Hendge yet.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You could also visit Lincolnshire and the Lincoln Cathedral (plus the Lincoln Imp).
If you're really lucky, you may even see LadyCool21 wandering around the city looking for Prada handbags and Guinness

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waffen
Go to the tower and make sure you go on the free tour lead by a Beefeater. Stone Hedge is nothing special and is pretty beat down with graffti.

When did you go there ?
There's no graffiti on the stones as far as I know. Pendragon would rip the balls off anyone trying it

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If you're going to London, check out this site 1st.

www.londontown.com...

All the museums are now free. Don't forget to check out the parks (free too). Get a travel card and a map and spend your time hopping on and off buses to see all the sights. Take a trip on the river to Greenwich. Consider a "Visitor Pass card" to see the Tower and loads of other attractions. Walk when you can and just enjoy being part of London!

u2u if you want more ideas.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was at stonehenge for the summer solstice of 2003. That was a great experiance, and is the best time to go if you really want to get up close to the stones.

Simon

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If you have the time i'd go to both stonehenge because of how old and mysterious it is and the tower of london to hear all the gruesome stories of its prisoners as well as the zoo in the basement lol

top topics

join