It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How can you wage economic warfare in a world of globalization and a linked world economy? Its very hard to hurt the other country when you both need each other.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Your talking Bush Sr. right?! Or were both heads of the CIA in their times??

Note the initials. George Herbert.W. Bush., the father, Head of CIA.

George Walker Bush, the son, was never any part of the CIA.

True true.. I thought as much..
but dont be so harsh on us asians..

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
How can you wage economic warfare in a world of globalization and a linked world economy? Its very hard to hurt the other country when you both need each other.

True again..

In the words Richard Freidman..
"no countries which have Mac Donalds common to them, should wage war on each other"

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

True again..

In the words Richard Freidman..
"no countries which have Mac Donalds common to them, should wage war on each other"

The only difference in China is that they have Pork burgers there, and they taste like crap. I guess that is enough reason to go to war.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Note the initials. George Herbert.W. Bush., the father, Head of CIA.

George Walker Bush, the son, was never any part of the CIA.

True true.. I thought as much..
but dont be so harsh on us asians..

Didn't mean to sound like that Daedalus3! Sorry if it sounded like that.

Where are you from, btw?

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I am from India if you please..

Pune, India to be precise..
home of the Su-30 MKI..

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am from India if you please..

Pune, India to be precise..
home of the Su-30 MKI..

Cool.

It's nice to get views from all over. How do you think most Indians view America and its foreign policy right now? Are they friendly towards China?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I thought EU and U.S are good allies. And U.S got backup from Canada. er.. there's also U.N. Come on, EU wouldn't dare to attack U.S even how powerful they become. U.S can build a millions of superpowerful H-ICBM capable to destroying EU in a couple of seconds. I believe U.S had been stockpiling Nuclear weapons in their country and Space. Sateillte-launching H-ICBM???

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Think about it. It could happen. All empires have fallen. We are no different.

I beg difer in opinion in that no "empire" before us had nuclear weapons. That alone changes the rules of the game.

Edit: Wow didn't realize this was already 18 pages deep, I'm sure this has been talked about.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by pavil]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

No?

Ok, fine.

Russia will kick USA's butt but it won't neccessarily attack USA just because Europe did.

Now, about the subject, Europe wouldn't attack USA. Pointless.They would lose and they have no reason to do it. (I'm not talking about Russia now, Russia wouldn't lose)

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

We are no different.

Sure we are. We have thousands upon thousands of nuclear weapons. I'll repeat this acronym:

M.A.D. Mutually Assured Destruction

The whole world can attack the United States together if they want; it will result in the death and destruction of everyone. Or in the words of Truman,

"The full application of our military power, backed by our resolve, will mean the inevitable and complete destruction of the [World's] armed forces and just as inevitably the utter devastation of the [World]."

"If they do not now accept our terms, they may expect a rain of ruin from the air the likes of which has never been seen on this earth"

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I'm not talking about Russia now, Russia wouldn't lose

You mean between the USA and Russia? Or something else, if you mean now, then I would say that the US would mop the floor with Russia. Not to be inflamitory with my statments. But Russias military is a mirror of what it was in the 80's. If I remember correct, the threat of the USSR was much overexagerated during that time as well.

But I agree it would be much better if we all just got along.

But anyhow, the world the US will never be at war because we are interdependent on each other economically. Though I would give the edge to the rest of the world in such a situation due to the fact that if the rest of the world stopped trading with the US the US would be cooked economically. But thats not to say the rest of the world woulnt feel the US' passing as an economic power. Such a scenario would have no winners.

[edit on 4/30/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Bottom line, all things come to an end. The same with superpowers.

intrepid,

The United States didn't become a superpower on it's own. It's just that we gained a lot of attention when we dropped the 'bomb' on Japan and ended WW2.

Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia to name a few has contributed a great deal to the United States standing in the world.

We, being allies, owe a great deal to each other.

We, by every definition, are the superpower.

[edit on 30/4/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Nobody here really has a clue do they?

Before any war between the Rest of The World and the US was to take place, there would be a myriad of economic measures and counter-measures taking place.

The US depends on the Rest of The World for it's resources.

Man you are crazy. The US doesn't depend on the rest of the world for resources, it just uses them to decrease the loss of its own resources at home. Let's take oil for example. Many do not know this, but the USA is actually the world's 3rd largest producer of oil, more than doubling the production of the EU. Even more devastating, guess who the #1 importer of oil is? It's not the USA...it's the EU. So what about oil in reserves? The USA has 3 times the reserves the EU has...22 billion 450 million barrels of oil at any given time. The kicker....Alaska. Alaska is said to have more oil under it than the entire Middle East combined. And we haven't even drilled it yet.

So what about other economic factors?

GDP (Purchasing Power Parity)
USA: #1 in world
EU: #2 in world (Trails by $230,000,000,000)

GDP (Real Growth Rate)
USA: 3.5%
EU: 1.7%

GDP (Per Capita)
USA: $42,000
EU: $28,000

Industrial Production Growth Rate:
USA: 3.2%
EU: 1.3%

Production of Electricity:
USA: #1 in the world
EU: #2 in the world

Production of Natural Gas:
USA: #2 in the world (more than doubling the #3 EU)
EU: #3 in the world

Source: www.cia.gov...

Well, finding the rest of the statistical resources is extremely hard to do, because most databases do it by country. The source I used is the only one i could find that did it by country but also had the EU included with all the other countries.

So a "myriad of economic measures" would only hurt the EU. So it is just going to come down to military might. To be honest it is not a winnable war, even without nuclear weapons. I think the USA could come close to taking over Europe militarily, but the people eventually would rebel, much like the insurgancy in Iraq and would eventually expel the US ground forces.

And let's be honest, i don't think the EU would be able to land on American beaches. Our Navy and Air Force is simply huge...and powerful. You have to cross an ocean to get here....it can not be done. I'm sure you could do a few bombing runs, but landing troops on the ground is pretty much nil. Even if you did, you do not want to meet Georgia rednecks in the woods. Those boys can shoot. You don't really think Americans are just going to stand by? If you think the insurgency in Iraq is bad...try invading the south or Texas. Those boys are armed to the teeth and can shoot.

Long story short...no winner. Just alot of dead people.

Now...if you want to add China and Russia into the mix, that will be the end of the world. The USA will send nukes flying before it gets invaded by anybody. Bombing our cities is one thing. Foreign troops on our soil will be the end of the world.

[edit on 30-4-2006 by flaguy]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just a silly question.....
But what happens to a country with a huge national debt? To whom is it owed and how do they collect if the country has no chance of paying?
I think the question should be USA vs National Debt. This is the war that will end the USA

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
OMG!!

do people have brains or what? and the scary thought is this thread is 18 pages long

1) why do people always think of the EU as one? - we hate each other, can you honestly see britain uniteing with nations like france due to our history? - its like me saying the north and south america are 1 nation.

2) EVEN IF WE DID why would the EU destroy the US? besides it wouldn't be a war, it would be an annihilation if that happened...an established nation like france could baddly cripple the US, have you been fighting small nations for that long (iraq, afghanistan) that you think in war your country cannot be hit?

3) please look in the dictionary on the word 'empire' the US isn't an empire its a 'superpower'

[edit on 30-4-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by mooeuro

Originally posted by devilwasp
firsty after about 70 post of saying the same thing "the uk is not just england " y the (V) do u lot not get it !
secondly what are u on about the uk is only using the US as much as id like to believe that (not much) we're not we are allies, amiegos ,copines,comardes brothers in arms
thirdly why would we wanna join wi the EU they only care about screwing up our farmers!

clearly u dont watch the news nor listen to talk shows. u ever heard the phrase " blair is trying to be the bridge that connects the USA to europe" think iraq war coverage.............

i know but frankly if we join the EU we are never going to be able to do anything or grow anything

You are not well informed, the UK is already in the EU and has been for a long time. They just didnt convert their pound to the Euro.
But thats a different matter

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
motionknight, i hope it stays that way!!

my mate as just got back from holland and he got speaking with some locals over there, they was saying how its the worst thing they've done in holland converting from the 'guilder' to the 'euro'.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think the US will have a downfall at somepoint in time - but it won't be militarily.

I think economicaly the US might ease down from the superpower, but there doesn't HAVE to be a WWIII as some people seem to think.

As for a Russia vs USA war - it depends who is attacking who. If Russia attacked the USA conventionally they wouldn't have a chance in hell. Same as if the USA attacked Russia.

Countries don't just invade other countries to become the dominant world power. China are doing fine the way they are now, no need for global War.

Nuclear weapons are a horrible, horrible thing. But they are an extremley effective deterant. If the USA didn't have Nukes - Russia may very well have invaded in the 80's. They also have provided many steps in advancing technology. MOST countries such as the USA, China, Russia and India have thier nukes as a deterant - which means that China isn't going to Nuke the US for fun. And it certainly won't invade the USA because they know that the US will just nuke them.

The EU wouldn't have the power or will to overtake the USA. Simple.

No country could ever invade the USA without nukes. They could try - and probably cause alot of damage but invasions require Infrastructure after the final attack which could not be held by any invading army on the US due to the large amount of firepower available to civillians in the USA. The resistance in the USA would be ALOT more powerful than the current Iraqi resistance.

And let's not forget the weapons the USA posesses that most of us don't know about now and probably never will know about. The largest nuke ever detonated was 50 megatonnes by the Soviets - I garuntee the US would posess bombs twice as powerful. Let's hope they are never used.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shanemcbain
I think the US will have a downfall at somepoint in time - but it won't be militarily.

The EU wouldn't have the power or will to overtake the USA. Simple.

No country could ever invade the USA without nukes.

i just want to point out that theres 2 countrys in the EU who have nuclear weapons dude (france, britain)!!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join