It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Vows to Combat Somali Pirates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Obama Vows to Combat Somali Pirates

www.voanews.com

U.S. President Barack Obama says he is determined to halt piracy in the shipping lanes off the coast of Somalia. Mr. Obama spoke one day after the dramatic rescue of an American cargo ship captain who had been held hostage by the pirates since last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ie.msn.com
www.rte.ie

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Obama's vow to combat piracy comes to light after the kidnapping and rescue of Maersk Alabama Captain Richard Phillips. However, shipping lanes around Somalia have been plagued by harrassment from Somali pirates for quite sometime now. This is not the first time that seamen have been captured by these pirates, though it might be the first time an American has been placed in harms way.

The article also reports that other pirates have threatened to get revenge for their three dead comrades after the rescue of Captain Philips on April 12th, 2009. Is this the beginning to another intervention by the United States in the affairs of another nation (if you can call Somalia such)?

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i was waiting for this to happen, come on coincidence? i highly doubt it there are no such things as coincidences when it comes to government/NWO/CRF/TC/Illuminati

again i say since the NWO own the media, they only broadcast what they need to push there agenda, like all the child kidnappings? all of a sudden they don't report them so much? why? there still happening, but it was to push the ID tracking chips and that lot, so we can only assume that this pirate bollocks is to push there agenda further along..

and we can only see where it ends up.. though i think we all know

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply D_P.

I agree with your claim that the reporting of the incident of Captain Phillip's kidnap and rescue serves more of a purpose than just to inform, such as rallying the American people against Somalia or their pirates. I have found many flaws with the "official story" over the last week and have heard many different versions of the events from many different news sources. CNN seems to contradict themselves endlessly and this is very curious to me. We'll see where this goes..

new topics

top topics

join