It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity and death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Tallsorts, very intriging reading. It's obvious that you have achieved a higher plane of spirual being I commend you and others alike. You must have a tremendous amount of dedication towards your goal.

I love cliches. One of them which I feel retards the majority of us from attaining the level of conscience that you seem to have is-

"Life is Hell" with hell being a place of trials and tribulations. Everyday in our mortal lifes we are confronted with these which in turn hide and hamper our progress to find the truths of our own beings.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Hi Geo, sorry I gave you an unintended wrong steer!
In ancient Teutonic religions The Lyke (Lich) was actually the lable given to the physical body- the vehicle.
The aura of the physicality was named the Hyde.
The Hugh, was designated as the intellectual/analytical parts. The mind and will are embodied within this.
Closely connected with this part of the soul is the Myne.
The Myne would hold most interest to you- this is the souls part that was believed to be the reflective part of the mind. Part of the Myne, is the string of ancestral memories- as well as the memories from ones own lifetime.
The Myne (apparently); as told by the ancient Teutons, was this souls part tht carried over the death threshold.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by pluckynoonez

The ancient Norse said that there is a small part of the Memory/Ego that survives after death - they named this the LYKE. However, their belief was that we did not go on as what we imagine that we are; the mind we have, without this shell as the body.

KRISKALI777, while searching 'LYKE' all I was able to find related to the physical being as in LYKE-wake. Can you point me into a direction for more info? Thanks

[edit on 4-5-2009 by geo1066]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just some boring facts about electricity - it does not necessarily have any inclination to get to 'ground' as in the earth. This is only the case if one side of the source of the electrical potential is actually connected physically to the earth in which case the earth becomes a conductor back to the source. If both sides (-ve & +ve or active and neutral in the case of AC) are insulated from the ground (as in the actual earth we stand on) there is no inclination for electrons from that source to use the earth as a conductor.

This becomes terribly confused because of the convention of treating sources of electrical potential as having one extreme of that potential being called 'earth' or 'ground' in relation to the other extreme which could be called the 'active' conuductor even when neither polarity is actually connected to the earth of the planet. In my earlier days working with electrical inspectors I saw some incredibly dangerous things done because of this misunderstanding IE earth wires shoved in a plant pot of dirt assuming this would be an effective way of providing an earth to an appliance

AFAIK the human nervous system is electro-chemical in nature so it's an entirely physical and tangible part of the body. Nerve signals pass through electro-chemical 'repeaters' on their way to and from muscles, sensory elements and the brain and the entire system remains insuated by the nerve sheaths plus the segmented nature of the 'wiring' improves the reliability. There is no 'ground' reference as in the earth of the planet itself because the entire system is self contained and insulated (for the micro-voltages it uses at least).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Hi Geo, there is a book by author Edred Thorsson, A Book Of Troth; this has among other things a description of the facets of mental energies in point of view from ancient Teutonic Religion. Thats about the only place I've read about it- I thought it was an interesting break-down.
The next best thing I can suggest is Google the information that I posted before, and see what comes up!
Good luck

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
To be honest, this topic went out of proportion and into the unknown.
Deny whatever you want, say whatever you want..

Anyway, an update on me for myself to read in future.. Because I do that and I care about myself ha..
I watched roosters get decapitated and the interesting thing is they run around without a head for about 15 seconds or so.. They say it's the nerves reacting, which is surely true. Quite intriguing and interesting. I will definitely have to study the phenomenon sometime.

Maybe there is life after death, but why should there be.. If you bang a man on the head hard enough, he would become retarded. His mind would cease to function correctly and because of that he would become a different person. It wouldn't matter what happened in the past, all the things that he was would now be damaged because the tissue was destroyed. If people think that we are ourselves on the other side, then we would have to think that there is a shadow or an imprint of ourselves on the other side... Like a usb stick that you constantly add data to. Which is a little ridiculous but at the same time it isn't completely..
The other side would have rules of existence as well, things that we can't possibly speculate without evidence.. So it's probable that if there is life after death we will have no memory because there's no physical tissue.. I'm sorry this is a mess. It's 2:37am, I'm going to sleep and I just popped in here to agree with quite a few posts on here.

1 other thing
@ Kriskal. I read The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, a lot of it is quite bogus, in my opinion. Anyway, I practiced a few of the things mentioned. Draw a circle, stand in the circle, say these words, stand before the angel of yadayada to achieve immortality.. etc
There is however 1 very interesting thing I found in the translations. I can't quite remember it word for word but it said if your mind ever sways on dark thoughts that you should clear it and envision a wave of energy pulsing through you from the head down (or vice versa). Basically it's just putting your mind onto other things, but the imaginative wave of energy pulsing speeds up the process tenfold. Quite a pointless post here... But I recommend others take a look at the translations, I definitely have no regrets after I had learnt that 1 technique. It really is quite a useful one.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Hello, I found your post on a search. I did an essay in college recently that got me fired up and on a search for information. My essay was on Blind faith and religion and the effects on humans. I have a theory to share and it has everything to do with your post. The electromagnetic energy that leaves our bodies at death and the spiritual side of existance Your post caught my attention and I'd like to know more about electromagnetic energy leaving the body at death,so if you dont mind me joining the chat ,I'd like to share my theories and get some insight on this. Thanks for reading

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

Please consider what I have to say here:
ATS This Is For You

There you'd get an idea of what I think about consciousness apart from the body.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by amestang

I'd be interested in reading your essay if you don't mind posting it here on ATS as a thread of it's own.

Hopefully the feedback could polish your gpa to a sheen.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

I'd be interested in reading your essay if you don't mind posting it here on ATS as a thread of it's own.

This site wont let me post yet.Can I ask what polishing my gpa to a sheen, means?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Im new here and I was trying to post a new topic to upload what I have. the site wouldnt let me start a topic

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
After reading some of these posts I feel I should convert to energizer batteries. I hope I don't get big ears out of the deal.

aft

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by amestang

Im new here and I was trying to post a new topic to upload what I have. the site wouldnt let me start a topic

Yeah, 20 posts first, something like that. Anyway, welcome to ATS n' have a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join