It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OTO, or Ordo Templi Orientis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i interviewed a former member of the OTO on my radio program, who went simply by the name THE HOODED MAN. you can hear the show here (it's a winamp file):
www.thestargates.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've actually been invited to a public celebration of the Gnostic Mass by a friend of mine who is more into occult practice (where as I mostly study it). It's being held at the temple in Manhatten, I think it will be a good excuse to check the place out.

Obviously, I'm not expecting it to be anything more outrageous than a religious celebration. I've regularly attended services of different religions and denominations so I really don't see the beliefs of the OTO, or any occult group, to be any more outrageous or "evil" than any other group, including Christianity.

Anyway, I think it'll be cool and if it's interesting enough I'll report back to ATS on how it went. I doubt I'll actually attemtp to join the organization, though, as I don't usually pledge my alleigance to any aprticular group and I'm reluctant to get too close with people who are as into sex magic as Crowely was.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
I doubt I'll actually attemtp to join the organization, though, as I don't usually pledge my alleigance to any aprticular group and I'm reluctant to get too close with people who are as into sex magic as Crowely was.

From my experience, most people in today's OTO are not very interested in sex magick, but they are Crowley fans nonetheless, so apparently feel obliged to join the club.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Sex rituals is part of Left Hand Path, the point is to break social taboos; eating meat in a vegetarian community could be equally effective as sodomy in a sexually restrictive community. The basic theory for the Left Hand Path is that breaking social taboos as it..

makes magick more potent and can lead to reintegration and liberation

If you take alle the religous, symbolism and all that bullcrap away, this is the difference of the Gnostics/devil worshippers and other mainstream religions like Cristianity:

1. Gnostics believe that *knowledge* is the way to enlightenment
  2. Christians belive that *faith* is the way to salvation

It is really that simple, all the other stuff is just for the show.

Devil worshippers also believe that Christianity is a pervertion of the ancient Mystery Schools, and that Satan is the true god and the creator of the all content in the Ether.

Devil worshippers believe that thought is an energy that can be channeled, and I believe that this is why many churches have penises/fallos symbols placed in them, sometimes in hiding and often in plain sight; devil worshippers believe that they can channel the prayers to Satan by these pagan symbols. Another theory is that Christianity has been a pagan religion since the year 380; this because its just packed full of pagan symbolism, espesially the Catolic church (dont get me started...). The fallos is in reality a symbol of the Penis of Osiris, which story boils down to the Gift of Knowledge that Satan gave Adam and Eve in Paradise, which again is a symbol for...(I will stop here ;o) )

I believe that the true ancient insperation for the modern devil worship, as tought by the Knight Templars and from there to the secret Brotherhoods, are the Yazidi.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The following is more on-topic in this thread.

reply to post by Frater210

Many of the rituals that Aleister Crowley taught could hardly be called Theurgy, as the performing of said non-Theurgic rituals would put one's consciousness in further contact with Klipoth.

"S. L. MacGregor Mathers created the Golden Dawn and his teachings are good.

"However, this institution and its teachings were corrupted when it was taken over by Aleister Crowley. So, anything related with the Golden Dawn must be carefully discerned.

"If you want to become a practical magician, it is better to read Logos Mantra Theurgy and the many other kabbalistic works of Samael Aun Weor."

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Well then, enjoy the "cake of light". Just remember to ask them if they make it "by the book"..

Aberamentho, יהושוע Ben Pandira, יהשוה משיחא did have something to say about the "cake of light" in The Pistis Sophia:

"Of the Chastisement of a foul act of sorcery"

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Yes, it's dangerous for your immortal soul. Do not join.

Aspects of their mass are an abomination to God, and even Jesus had something to say about it in the gnostic gospels.

"The Gnostic Mass of the White Brotherhood, has nothing to do with that Black Crowley ceremony that you have seen on the internet!

"The Protoplasmic, Lunar, Bestial bodies (that any beast of the kingdom possesses), in other words, the pluralized ego, is the vessel or vessels that Black Kabbalists use in order to receive or collect the devolving forces of Klipoth (Hell, the infradimensions) by means of Black Tantra.

"Through Black Tantra, that is, through their Masses and the practices of the sexual degeneration of the sphere of Lilith their ego receives or collects, the devolving forces of Klipoth.

"The Naked Priestess of that ritual is the symbol of Lilith (whoredom), which the Black Kabbalists worship. Crowley asked people to call him "The Beast 666"

"Crowle y misused the ancient Gnostic word "Thelema" for his own filthy ambitions!

"We, Gnostics are not members of the Roman Catholic Church either. The Catholic church only follows the path of the Monk."

"The Mysteries of Isis, Osiris and Horus are derived from a Neptunian-Amentian period (Fourth Dimension), which is lost in the terrifying night of all ages."

"Simon Magus, Papus (Gerard Encausse), Crowley and many other Black Magicians who claimed to be Gnostic Thelemites, adulterated the sacred Gnostic teachings and rituals; they betrayed and abused the friendship and the trust of the Masters of those sacred colleges for Initiation from the White Lodge!

"Therefore, it is not strange to presently find among the writings of these cunning individuals from these dens of the black lodge, terms, sciences and rituals similar to those that were used within those colleges for Initiation."

"These black magicians from darkness abound wherever there existed colleges for Initiation. They are the antitheses of those colleges and they speak as Masters, always boasting about being Initiates of those colleges."

"Exactly! Crowley was just a very cunning Hanasmuss! And that is all!"

"And if Aleister Crowley betrayed his oath by printing the sacred rituals of the Gnostic Church for the public that is not our problem, but his! The Cosmic Law already heard his case and sentenced him."

"Actually, the placing of the Tarot/letters of the Hebrew alphabet came from the writings of Samuel MacGregor Mathers and his "Golden Dawn". Crowley was just a copy cat.

"Samael Aun Weor didn't seem to say anything about this. Therefore, it may not be so important as to where they are located. In my opinion, MacGregor Mathers was a very well learned Kabbalist and was not inherently negative (that is why Crowley attacked him!). The so called "path working" according to the above named tradition is not used at all by the studens of Master Samael.

"It is most important for us to create the Tree within us, through the initiatic principles of alchemy and transmutation."

edit on 13-2-2011 by Tamahu because: rearranged quotes

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Was Aleister Crowley a Freemason?
Thread Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

I too am one who is interested in pursuing the OTO. I am a Master Mason and I was wondering if anyone else here was a Master Mason who had experience with the OTO, or the GD, or AMORC, etc. Or even if you are not a Master Mason, what guidance would you have to provide a possible new-initiate with? Thank you and many blessings!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

Masonic Light would be the go-to guy on this topic here.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Great, thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I cannot send U2U's yet, since I do not yet have 20 posts. Hopefully he can post something here in response to my query. Thanks

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The only ceremonies that I have been involved with are my families Hindu religious ceremonies, most of it is chanting and prayer, however there are some things that are reminiscent of the days of animal sacrifice, and also sometimes an aire of occult or spiritual "power". Generally, these things date back within a family, to very primitive times. There is alot of fear and superstition involved, and im afraid that many younger people today do not realise the full scope of what is really happening.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Hmm, very interesting! Now, when you are talking about these Hindu rituals, how do you relate this to such esoteric schools as the OTO, etc?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In Australia a website claimed members of the OTO were part of a pedophile ring.
OTO took the website to court and sued the owners, got the website removed.
OTO also have their own ABN number, which means it is in one form or another a business.

I think the website was "Gaia Guys" or something.
edit on 15/3/11 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

All the esoteric wisdom and knowlege is one thing, to see occult power put into practice is another.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What do you mean exactly? I am somewhat new to the Occult (but not the esoteric studies), and I do not really understand what you mean completely. Would you mind elaborating and/or providing examples please?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dokuja

I too am one who is interested in pursuing the OTO. I am a Master Mason and I was wondering if anyone else here was a Master Mason who had experience with the OTO, or the GD, or AMORC, etc. Or even if you are not a Master Mason, what guidance would you have to provide a possible new-initiate with? Thank you and many blessings!

I'm a former associate member of O.T.O. I must admit that I joined just for the free books. When they stopped even publishing the newsletter, I let my membership drop. From my experience, O.T.O. is basically a club for Crowley fans. I never saw it as a serious occult order.

My experience in Builders of the Adytum, which has legitimate Golden Dawn lineage, was much more worthwhile, although I am not completely without criticism of some of its policies. A splinter group broke off of BOTA called Fraternity of the Hidden Light, which has attempted to correct some of BOTA's errors.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Basically, we are talking about the other side. You have to enter the mind of a schitzophrenic, paranoid, manic, psychopathic person to really understand what it is really all about, what the "darkside" is really all about. In a sense, the realm of the occult is generally for people that have already lost thier mind, everyone else tries, but simply are not in the right mental space to really understand the minds of the authors of such esoteric books. Many people do not understand, these people would have committed atrocities in their past lives, they would have spent thousands of years in what can be described as "hell" or the lower planes - what people call "masters" would have at least once dissappeared completley into the abyss and reincarnate to realise the existence of God. The only other group that participate in these rituals are those that are simply perverts or sadists, (i.e. they are interested in the occult as a kind of "fetish") or have been watching too many movies and are caught up in the romanticism of the "occult"... They will eventually suffer for thier cruel acts and for thier foolishness.
edit on 17-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I see. But you say that you were only an Associate Member, correct brother? So did you ever receive any of the Degrees, etc? Why do you feel that they weren't a "legitimate" Occult group?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hmmm. I mean, I would agree that many people seek out the Occult for those reasons. But I know plenty of Occultists who are actually good people and do not do it for the reasons which you have stated. These individuals are not "crazy" as you put it, but are rather interested in seeking Enlightenment in the Western sense of the idea. Where the Western sense of Enlightenment is found in these esoteric/occult schools. Furthermore, one could argue that some of the practices of such Eastern religions as Buddhism, Hinduism, and Daoism, are all pretty occult/esoteric in nature...so, how are the Western Mystery Schools any different?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join