It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter just Freaked me out.. help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ok so about 8:30pm PST tonight I heard and saw out of the corner of my eye through my kitchen window a helicopter. I was on the phone with the friend and was about to tell him how i've been seeing a lot of plane activity around here lately when i look out my back patio door to look at the helicopter, but before i could even tell what kind it was, it turned a spotlight on and proceeded to shine the light - first in my backyard in different spots and then at my house. i totally freaked out and hid - wtf was it going? it wasnt going real slow and continued on, and i was too scared to go back out and look anymore.

All I could tell was that it was a dark, 'normal' looking, perhaps military helicopter. i thought maybe they were looking for someone, but i live out here on 20 acres by myself and have no close neighbors and it wasnt scanning the field at all, or circling the area - like ive seen the San diego police dept do when looking for someone - and most of all I just got a really creepy vibe from the whole thing..

whatcha think, time to stop talking over my landline about the illuminati or am i totally losing my mind?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Im guessing it was you local or state police department looking for someone.

The spotlight thing is a feature on almost every chopter. Our EC-145 has two for that matter and its a lifeflight aircraft.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is most likely going to get moved to a more appropriate forum, however this is a great opportunity for you to see the futility of living your life based in fear reaction.

Ask yourself in retrospect how you could have responded to the situation in a more empowering way.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Since you speak of San Diego I take it your in California. That whole state freaks me out.

Last time I was there was to visit my Grandmother and the whole time I kept seeing helicopters spotlighting this or that. It was a madhouse. I kept wondering just how much crime can one state have.

It didn't help that the one week I was visiting we had two earthquakes. I was in Riverside and spooked to say the least.

I said to hell with that. I came back to Arkansas and nailed my feet to the ground.

il legitimi non corunbundum.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

wupy

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I would agree that the location of this incident would bear a significant relevance to the oddness of this particular event. I for one have seen more extremely low flying helicopters of all types(military and otherwise) and colors(black, green, Coast Guard, etc.)today than usual( and I see quite a wide range of military aircraft living next to Eglin A.F.B.) but there has been 10-12 inches of rain around here in the past 2 days and there is a bit of a Search & Rescue ops in progress right now in my area with all the flooding

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm a city mouse.
It's a nightly occurrence for them to fly over my townhouse.

Now of course, I also live near Johns Hopkins, UMD Med, and a drug war zone a few blocks over.

Usually they are looking for someone to arrest, transporting a patient, or running organs.

I wouldn't worry about it, country mouse.

- lee

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Im guessing it was you local or state police department looking for someone.

The spotlight thing is a feature on almost every chopter. Our EC-145 has two for that matter and its a lifeflight aircraft.

I second that.

The Police Choppers, at times, do in fact circle my area on a regular basis. The Medevac units flyover on their way to the hospital as well. They ALL have spotlights, in addition to the basic running lights, and Navigation Lights of Green and Red (With Red being more numerous, due to the AC Concern, which is an increased factor where I live as Helo's around here are in close proximity to MIL and Major Commercial Airspace). Of course all Helos are always in some danger due to their Low Level FLT.

I have actually witnessed LEO Choppers in search mode, and one time they saw my friend and I chilling in the driveway, and they hovered over us for a good 15-30 seconds with the FLIR before they realized we were not the suspects. I simply waved at them

Another time the Chopper flipped its Spotlight on (Which is only done when they actually catch sight of the suspect), and it brought it right over the yards across the street, and into my bedroom window for a second. Lol, I was younger, and I was all freaked out, as I expected some mean looking criminal to just come blasting out of the woods into my yard below.

I wish I could have heard the HELO which the OP is describing, I could tell him whether or not it was most likely Civilian or MIL.

I have seen MIL aircraft at night, both HELO and F-16, where they were totally blacked out on Maneuvers (NVG Practice most likely). Aside from that factor, there is generally a sound difference between MIL models, and Civilian/LEO types.

To the OP: I dare say that if you happened to run into a Chinook in that manner, you would probably have passed out. They shake your entire house. Cheer up though, I am certain that what you witnessed was LEO's searching for a suspect. If you are witnessing such things on a fairly regular basis, go ahead and invest in a Digital Triple-Trunking Scanner, then next time you can hear just what exactly is going on in your neck of the woods.

new topics

top topics

join