It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Haha, i kinda wonder is Kim is just delaying it because he knows everyone is watching, and he knows when its over, no more attention (IMO nothing big will come of this) so he's thinking, man im making news headlines, everyone's talking about me, hehehehe i feel so special "DELAY THE LAUNCH!!"

im half kidding, cause it could be possible, everybody has an ego.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
either he is eating up the spotlight and will delay this till the last time he has given

or he will back down and never launch it

time will only tell....we await ur move kimmy lol

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i just like how fox news used a clip from Team America when they were talking about this yesterday. then they really haven't said anything else about it on the news.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Japan - Little Jumpy & Anxious.

Haha Kim Jong Il Yo (Team America)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't think he is delaying the launch in order to stroke his ego...

More likely is because he is using this opportunity to make the West look silly.
The idea that you can prevent a COUNTRY from developing technology is wrongheaded.

Hegemony at its finest. And Kim Jong Il is milking it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
The idea that you can prevent a COUNTRY from developing technology is wrongheaded.

Yeah, "America" is really bone headed. But you've gotta live here to find out in the first-person.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree 100%. I may be wrong as well, but this is what, the 1001 time they have made some type of empty threat. Looks to be just that, an attention getting scheme. However, I do not know and there may not be anyone other than the higher ups in North Korea that truly know the state of their country. I know the odds of that are slim, I'm just saying...they maybe worse off than we know and this is a means, out of desperation for a do or die act. Again, odds are they are all talk, it would have to be out of desperation if they perform the launch after every body who has an ear has heard all the warnings from all over the globe not to conduct this "peaceful" satellite launch.

So say they launch it, the US or Japan intercept it, then what? Their army is ready to do what? Launch a nuke? What else can they do?? Hold the world hostage with more threats? Take out as many of the surrounding neighbors as they can? I haven't read this entire post so someone may have already posed these questions...I'll shut up and read more before I ask more questions.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by DreamerAU]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
For the NWO to take effect, it only makes sense that there are going to be countries that don't want to go out without a fight. Who knows what the NWO governing body will entail? Maybe NK has the right idea so nobody messes with them? I think we would be in a better place here in the United States with Kim Jong Il then with Obama as our leader. Jong Il is in insane and on a hair trigger.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Another factor I've just seen... The Japanese prime minister will probably lose the elections in October... if he stood up to North Korea and downed it's missile... wouldn't the people rally to it's leader? Or even start a war with the downing?

When was the last time a president/prime minister didn't do something evil to win an election?

Just a thought.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by burnzomatic
" I think we would be in a better place here in the United States with Kim Jong Il then with Obama as our leader. Jong Il is in insane and on a hair trigger."

wow dude....you do know the majority of his country is starving right? Yes obama is terrible and leading us to our destruction, but lets not say one is better than the other, Kim Jong Il seriously is one of the worlds biggest douche bags, either way we are screwed...but man don't make a statement like that, its beyond crazy.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by daersoulkeeper]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The problem with The Crying Wolf scenario?
There’s still a Wolf and still a little Kid who gets eaten at the end.
I wouldn’t discount these threats.

Westerners sound so egoistic attempting to second guess Korean minds.
Most Westerners wouldn’t even know where N.Korea is on a map but that doesn’t stop them from spouting off what *that guy* will do or wont do.
*Go Figgur*...

IMO?
North Korea has the same right as every other sovereign nation to enter into space and the USA should mind it’s own business.

TO THE POSTER BELOW ME:

reply to post by Zaphod58

Sure they do. Are you aware of the fact that the missile they're using to launch their "satellite" can't put it anywhere NEAR a useful orbit? Any communications satellite they could put into orbit on this missile would be out of site of North Korea for most of the day. Or that they have NEVER had a successful launch of this particular type of missile?

Why on earth would you risk launching your first satellite on a missile that you have only tested once and that test was a failure? Or try to launch a communications satellite into a completely useless orbit?

Like I said.
It's amazing to read posts from people who have not one clue what is going on in N. Korea but insist on projecting their fantasies on that nation anyway..

Regardless of what you rojected (yesterday) to be truth - TODAY North Korea has an operating satellite - in orbit.

Unless you want to correct every major media, rewrite history to reflect what you think N.Korea is really up to...

peace

[edit on 5-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sure they do. Are you aware of the fact that the missile they're using to launch their "satellite" can't put it anywhere NEAR a useful orbit? Any communications satellite they could put into orbit on this missile would be out of site of North Korea for most of the day. Or that they have NEVER had a successful launch of this particular type of missile?

Why on earth would you risk launching your first satellite on a missile that you have only tested once and that test was a failure? Or try to launch a communications satellite into a completely useless orbit?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
North korea has a bigger population than Australia! And about half the population of Britain.

North Korea: 23,790,000 population
Britain: 60,975,000 population
Canada: 33,605,000
Australia: 21,714,000

It would certainly not be a "48 hour war"

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

wow a star....never even saw this factor and yes we have seen this happen before...hitler used this strategy to gain support and help him win the elections

as with everything in this life time will tell us how this all will play out

hopefully just hopefully thins will play out alright

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They will launch in on their Sunday afternoon or early evening..
Check the NK weather reports, only makes sense.

I think they may let the satellite enter the stratosphere..
Orbit for a few days then USA will shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
They will launch in on their Sunday afternoon or early evening..
Check the NK weather reports, only makes sense.

I think they may let the satellite enter the stratosphere..
Orbit for a few days then USA will shoot it down.

Calm winds and scattered clouds in Hamgyong, I think your right. It's sure to clear up later in the day.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here's the latest on the conditions:

Clear Skies Forecast Over NK's Launch Site

Clear skies and moderate winds were expected in North Korea's northeastern coast, the country's state media forecast Sunday, amid speculation the North may go ahead with a rocket launch in the relatively good weather.

North Korea said on Saturday morning that it would "soon" launch what it calls the communications satellite Kwangmyongsong-2 from its east coast. Officials in Seoul speculate strong winds may have forced the North to delay the launch.

Go time?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Go time?

I'd be surprised if they didn't launch sometime tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Once again, Off the wires

BULLETIN -- YONHAP: NORTH KOREA ACTIVATES RADARS, ROCKET LAUNCH IMMINENT,

Let's see if this one gets retracted or is valid

YONHAP Bulletin

[edit on 4/4/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Radars Activated!

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

top topics