It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices - Any Ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I work nightshifts so I usually get out of bed around 3pm to get ready for work. Yesterday while I was in the shower in the afternoon around 3.20pm I heard my girlfriend shouting upstairs to me asking what I wanted to take to work to eat. I replied back "what have you got" She then started calling out what was in the freezer. I told her what I wanted and she didn't reply. I then realised that she shouldn't be home and should be at work at this time. I got out of the shower and went downstairs. No-one was there. I then called my girlfriends work number and she answered the phone. I asked her if she had came home. She hadn't. She works 30miles from home so it is physically impossible for her to be in the house then in work 5 minutes later.

Nothing strange has ever happened in this house and I've lived here for 22 years (my parents house). This has scared me a little. The voice was definately my girlfriends and it definately came from downstairs.

Any ideas what this is or could be?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Very possibly a simple case of exhaustion. Try getting more sleep.

Or it could be a telepathic connection. If you feel very close to your girlfriend, you may have been reading her or talking to her subconscious.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a similar thing happened to me a few days back. my mate was coming over at half 5 and at about 5 i heard his voice calling my name at least 3 times, so i looked out the windows around the house and even went outside to find him. when he did turn up he told me he was on the bus at the time i heard those noises, and wasnt any of my family as it didnt sound like them and they didnt call me in the first place

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
that's very freaky, maybe since you guys are close you developed some kind of bond, then again you heard her voice and she doesn't remember the conversation.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Very possibly a simple case of exhaustion. Try getting more sleep.

I actually wasn't very tired at all, had slept for a good 9 hours. This was half way through my shower so I was wide awake at this point, I told my girlfriend about this and she thinks I'm just trying to freak her out, she can't recall thinking about my dinner.

I've had a think back and the only strange thing I can remember was about 6 months back when I was in bed during the day. I wasn't fully asleep at this point, just dropping off, when there was a bang at my bedroom door. Just one bang, as if someone had kicked or punched it. I never thought anything of it then 5 minutes later it happened again, I got up and there was no-one there so went back to bed again. This has not happened again since. Thats the only other strange thing I can remember happening in the house.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nah, It's telepatic.

I hear my name being called by friends all the time when their not there.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so worried about the house...

I'd check your head!

DC

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So was the stuff she called out the correct contents of the freezer? Would be funny if it was. Thinking you hear people's voices or other things isn't all that abnormal when you have a background noise like white noise or static or even a shower going. It's happened to everyone at one time or another.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So was the stuff she called out the correct contents of the freezer? Would be funny if it was. Thinking you hear people's voices or other things isn't all that abnormal when you have a background noise like white noise or static or even a shower going. It's happened to everyone at one time or another.

JOHNSMITH : I never checked, that's a good point, I'll check when I get home in the morning.

I wouldn't be so worried about the house...

DC: I am completely sane!! I think, or mabye I am in denial!!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Maybe the house is haunted and a spirt was the one calling out to you and you thought it was your gf's voice becasue of the shower running. That might also explain the banging on the door.

The again maybe she hid a walkie talkie somewhere and was pulling a prank on you....

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have a friend who sees her family members in past situations, running through the house, repeating things, in their younger forms--sometimes 10 years time difference. Have you ever had this conversaton before with her, while she is in the shower? I like calling it an echo--they happen randomly, more with things that happen often. Mine, that has to do with talking was I went into my brotyher's room looking for him, and I heard him say "What are you doing? Get out of my room." I automatically left, thinking he was talking to his girlfriend (whom he is now married to), but then I realised that I didn't see him in the room (had only gotten down the hall), turned around. went back, found no one, went across the street and there my brother had been for 15 minutes. told them about it, and he said nothing but that he'd been there for a while (about the lenght of time that had passed since I last saw him). He dominates everything he'sa around and has a tendancy to bend reality to his will...not suprised he left that on his room, more likely aimed at the baby brother not me--though I don't know why I got it.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by breezo
I work nightshifts so I usually get out of bed around 3pm to get ready for work. Yesterday while I was in the shower in the afternoon around 3.20pm I heard my girlfriend shouting upstairs to me asking what I wanted to take to work to eat. I replied back "what have you got" She then started calling out what was in the freezer. I told her what I wanted and she didn't reply. I then realised that she shouldn't be home and should be at work at this time. I got out of the shower and went downstairs. No-one was there. I then called my girlfriends work number and she answered the phone. I asked her if she had came home. She hadn't. She works 30miles from home so it is physically impossible for her to be in the house then in work 5 minutes later.

Nothing strange has ever happened in this house and I've lived here for 22 years (my parents house). This has scared me a little. The voice was definately my girlfriends and it definately came from downstairs.

Any ideas what this is or could be?

Pay close attention to the future and whats going to happend later on. Those voices might be from the future. It happend to me before.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It was possibly just your own guardian angel type entity trying to remind you to take some food to work with you. They don't talk often and this is an unusual case, however that's what I think it was.

One day I heard my little son calling out to me from the other side of the house. I knew he was fast asleep and couldn't be calling out to me but I went to see if he was and found him still fast asleep. Then I noticed a small bit of white between his lips and I pried his mouth open and found a gigantic lump of bubblegum in his mouth. He had not been the one who called out to me but the voice saved him from possibly choking to death in his sleep. I think it was his guardian angel calling me. I had the stereo on quite loud and yet the voice was loud and clear enough for me to hear it.

It could have been your partner's spiritual guardian taking care of you I guess ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

Have you ever had this conversaton before with her, while she is in the shower?

She gets home early on a Friday so anytime I work a Friday night we would have this conversation while I was in the shower.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I knida' figured it was that...

If you relax, the way I haven't been able to, it will happen several times again. For the friend, she's had that happen for most of her life, but since a bad illness, she's not been able to see them anymore, just the more evil things that happen continuing. She feels kinda' lost.

join