It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Hostages held after 'multiple' shootings Binghamton, New York

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
There is a really interesting article that offers some insight into what drives these spree-killers (as well as terrorists and others) here: Hans Magnus Enzensberger: The radical loser

"It's my fault." – "The others are responsible." These two claims are not mutually exclusive. On the contrary, they reinforce each other. The radical loser is unable to think his way out of this vicious circle, and it constitutes the source of his terrible power.

The only way out of the dilemma is to fuse destruction and self-destruction, aggression and auto-aggression. On the one hand, at the moment of his explosion, the loser for once experiences a feeling of true power. His act allows him to triumph over others by annihilating them. And on the other, he does justice to the reverse of this feeling of power, the suspicion that his own existence might be worthless, by putting an end to it.

As an additional bonus, from the moment he resorts to armed force, the outside world, which has never wanted to know anything about him, takes notice of him. The media make sure he is granted an enormous degree of publicity – even if it is for just 24 hours. Television spreads propaganda for his act, thus encouraging potential imitators. For minors, as shown by events in the United States in particular, the temptation this represents is hard to resist.

Really interesting piece, and certainly worth a read

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I don't think that a person goes into a place with a crap load of ammo and body armor with the intention of killing themselves.

Nah, instead I see more of a Dark Knight type deal where there are more than one involved and someone else shoots him after his job was done.

State-sponsored terrorism. (Edit to add) Of course this is just speculation. But I believe it could be logically deduced.
I mean, anyone who has already commited to shooting people and is wearing body armor is NOT going to be "cowardly" enough to refuse to engage the police. Afterall, the worst that could happen is he dies. Hell, he's prepared to die already, apparently.

Nah, he was shot. Didn't someone report that others were taken out? Other gunmen?

I see this as a false-flag.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I will confidently predict there will be at least one more mass shooting and possibly two more mass shootings in the USA before the end of April ...Just watch and see what happens.

Man, I hate being an I-told-you-so, but... Well, no, I don't hate it at all. I predicted it. Hardly a few hours passed before this Pittsburgh case popped up, So I'm even more confident that we'll see another or more mass shootings before the end of this month.

This is all about crazy people, on the face of it, who could have & should have been stopped before they killed, if people had just taken action.

And, no, I don't think we should necessarily reach out to the shooters and try to help them. I think we need to whack them, hit 'em hard and fast when the flags start going up. Sure, this may result in your odd execution of an innocent man, but isn't that better than a mass shooting? Better safe than sorry, eh?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Another interesting observation is that in the majority of the mass shootings we see, as in this case, initial reports indicate multiple gunmen with multiple weapons, and subsequent reports have a single suspect, the "lone gunman." who inevitably kills himself. And yes, they all make prime time TV, the individuals generally have affiliation with a large military contractor or one of the multinational corporations which are central to the PTB. It is a ploy, in my opinion, partly to frighten us all, & primarily instigated to incrementally erode the 2nd amendment. Whether these individuals are MKUltra style brainwashed or patsies who were already crazy and gently pushed off the edge in the "right" direction, doesn't really matter. My point, I think(?), is that there are too many similarities connecting the incidents of this sort which are all studiously ignored by the MSM. It does not, collectively, lead me to the idea of coincidence, but coordination.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by defenestrator]

[edit on 4/5/2009 by defenestrator]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
this reminds me of some of the very same tactics used in the VT murders aftermath. the photos, the letters. hmmm wonder how he got the guns. anyhow, who knows.

one strange thing is how IBM has managed to squash all but the early references to them. IBM...one of the most insensitive, stinking companies in this country at the forefront of shipping jobs overseas to the point of even selling parts of themselves along with the people the chinese government.

didn't he work for them and get fired? or was that initial false reporting? i haven't followed this since the first day until today.

and if he did work for them, what the hell was the criteria for hiring if the dude according to his sister couldn't even speak passable english or chickenscratch a sentence together.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join