It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix police raid home of blogger whose writing is highly critical of them

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

I think that is horrible and we at ats should start a "justice" forum and when people get arrested for stupid stuff like this we can have legal analysists consult with those who were arrested. We have a huge network of people and we should do everything to get people out of trouble when atrocities like this occur. The people get abused too much.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

they also confiscated numerous personal files and documents relating to a pending lawsuit he has against the department alleging harassment

This is extremely serious. The PD could lose the case solely on the the strength of this. The onus is now on them to prove that every single page they took is returned to him. This is tampering, not just harassment.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I dont have a PDF reader available to me at the moment.Has anyone confirmed that this was indeed about solely his blogging activities?A page back someone had a PDF of the warrant i think...i am curious of the content.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I agree with the poster who said to contact local and national media outlets. I would avoid calling the police. Arapio is a very dangerous out of control man.

Remember this is the same guy who arrested the editors of the New Times for not disclosing its online readership.

Be cautious

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I read the article a bit, and may be missing something, but i don't see much about Arpaio in the article. Phoenix PD is different from the sheriff's office to my knowledge. I agree the feds are probably going to go after him soon though, he seems to be ignoring their wishes and going after illegal immigrants pretty hard.

As for the blogger situation, that's insane. I can't believe they raided his house for that, well yeah i can actually...i've seen quite a few of their raids and they almost ALWAYS botch it up somehow. It does seem the blogger had a personal axe to grind with them, and was posting pretty personal info on specific cops (example, the horny female cop), that's kinda wrong IMO since they're not public figures, but not grounds to raid a house though. To me the whole situation looks kinda childish on all sides.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that this will be a federal case and that the local police department will be involved in a long running lawsuit.

I think the police will lose and have to payout a huge settlement.

We'll all have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A few more Nazi turds we can add to the names of those who commit crimes against the people without just cause.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
If ANYONE else is reading this and can empathize with this man because you have a similar situation ongoing.... back-up your files with someone you trust OUT OF THE STATE that you reside in.

This lets your information be on a back-up outside of the jurisdiction of your local police.

If you keep the information on the move, it is harder to stop.

Back-up copies are a wonderful thing, but if they are in the same location, they do not amount to anything.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

We have reached a point that allows a person to back up a few hundred gigs on a small memory stick flash drive and they are relatively cheap, like Russian soup....LOL.
It's very easy to hide a small flsh drive where only you can find it. There is also loads of server space available for secure back ups all over the web.

www.mydigitallife.info...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Perhaps the most disturbing thing to me is that there aren't already protesters in the streets. It saddens me deeply that we live in a society that dosen't slap this abuse onto the front page of every home town paper across the nation, and that people IGNORE realities rather than take action. I tried to call the curroption line, and it rang 100 times, no answer. (Too many calls?) I called the FBI and stated that I was very concerned about a flagrant disregard for the rights of this citizen, and urged active investigation. (the FBI agent I spoke with had NO prior knowledge of the story). Then I called 3 newspapers in my area to urge them to run stories about this. No one will take to the street with me, as usual. At least there are some people fighting the good fight.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Torsion girl]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackbirdish

Originally posted by Flighty

while handcuffing his female roommate for three hours as they tore the place apart.

I'm not sure about this blogger and what he may or may not have done, but I think this is way over the top.
Hope she has a good lawyer and decides to sue.

Yeah seriously. I believe, in most cases there is no right to arrest, only to keep them in the area.

I'd like to see the warrant and know exactly what was allowed to be search.

Also, this is a good read on your rights. Definitely be familiar with it.
ssd.eff.org...

Star for ya on this post for the link at the bottom! Thank you sooo much been looking for something like this for awhile.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
It does seem the blogger had a personal axe to grind with them, and was posting pretty personal info on specific cops (example, the horny female cop), that's kinda wrong IMO since they're not public figures, but not grounds to raid a house though. To me the whole situation looks kinda childish on all sides.

I disagree with some of the things you say. Being a police officer means you are a public figure and therefor open to public criticism and scrutiny.

I see his efforts as an important public service. In fact, he should be paid handsomely for his efforts to expose corruption. I'm all for the government establishing a sytem of financial rewards for citizens that report corruption, including police corruption.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Every time I see a news report on this Sheriff Joe Arapaio bastard I'm left in complete disgust. Many people have been outright killed in his jails. Pregnant women have lost their babies due to the extreme conditions of his tent jails.

I've seen documentaries where they show his goons beating people to death with him defending their actions with a gleem is his sick eyes. This latest Nazi style house invasion doesn't surprise me at all.

How do the people of Phoenix tolerate this? If I lived there I'd be right in front of his city hall picketing along with everybody else I could get involved.

Get that Nazi out of here and put him in his own tent jail for a few years, the bastard!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I went looking at the New Times to see if they had a article on this. I'm sure they will soon but they don't yet. I did find a convenient page of links to all the major articles on Sheriff Joe and County Attorney Andrew Thomas. Here it is if anyone wants to read it. It's a pretty wild story, both of them are pretty much nuts.

Phoenix New Times

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3DPrisoner

Joe Arparo of the MCSD and the Phoenix Police Department are two separate entities. This suit is with the Phoenix PD. NOT the Maricopa County Dept!
Zindo

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I feel like this.

This is taking away the very thing that we need most
right now in this world - and they know it.
Watchdogs are dangerous to those who need watcing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torsion girl
Perhaps the most disturbing thing to me is that there aren't already protesters in the streets. It saddens me deeply that we live in a society that dosen't slap this abuse onto the front page of every home town paper across the nation, and that people IGNORE realities rather than take action.

The media is too concerned with what "OctoMom" is doing and with their efforts to pry into her private life and discredit her.

[edit on 3/4/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

This guy is a statesman. He should sue the city of Phoenix and the police department for violation of Constitutional rights (2nd Amendment). The judge should be disbarred immediatly and terminated.

It is not a violation of any law to discuss the corruption of cops or their bad behavior!

This is an outrage! "We the People" need to enforce our Constitution and take our Country back!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

The Casey Anthony case ran for months! They always have these crap stories to take the center stage to distract the public. They always focus on stories that will occupy housewives, braindead couch potatoes and gossip girls.

If they didn't these same people would be talking about the corrupt government.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I predict riots in Phoenix if the feds don't step in. People from the north will not want to spend the winters in Phoenix if this isn't fixed fast, and that would hurt what little is left of the economy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
I disagree with some of the things you say. Being a police officer means you are a public figure and therefor open to public criticism and scrutiny.

I see his efforts as an important public service. In fact, he should be paid handsomely for his efforts to expose corruption. I'm all for the government establishing a sytem of financial rewards for citizens that report corruption, including police corruption.

Promiscuity is not illegal. I agree with exposing corruption 100% though, I just saw a couple of the items listed as questionable, but that's just me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join