It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the downing street handshake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

the downing street handshake

news.bbc.co.uk

Barack Obama and Gordon Brown walk into 10 Downing Street, where the US leader shakes the policeman's hand, but Mr Brown declines the offer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
well at least Barack Obama has been taught some manners, whereas pompous Gordon Brown thinks he is too good for it!!!

what a tube!!

Theres surely no way he could not have seen the gesture by the police officer!!!

The press jump on this sort of thing, reckon it will be all over tomorrows papers for sure!!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of this other snub last year.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That's just sad!

Here is a public servant who is there for no other reason than protect YOU, and you can't even shake their hand when they offer it!

That's why I think politicians, especially in the US congress, should be limited to 2 or 3 terms!

I know Gordan Brown hasn't held his position for too long, but this is the "aloofness" that they get, it's like their head swells and they forget that they are actually working FOR that person (the officer in that video) instead of trying to use the position they now have to help their friends and themselves profit from their position!

The longer politicians in higher positions remain there, the more I see that they forget who they are actually there to represent and start seeing more ways for themselves to make money and "connections"!

[edit on 4/1/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
My take is he (the policeman) is not supposed to have done that, almost like the guy who was in the Inaugural parade that nodded his head or winked at the Pres, I mean I do not know the protocols but if it was a military person he is not supposed to break his military bearing so depending on what they normally do they are probably not supposed to interact with dignitaries like that...I dunno but it was a left hanging moment, you feel kind of small when someone does that sort of thing to you.

top topics

join