It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Two Nuclear Warheads for Missile, Kyodo Reports

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by son of PC

50/50 chance of an air burst of a nuke on the missile. Not for any target, but just for demonstration.

If NK did that, it would be a guarantee that Kim would be unemployed in less than an hour. China would not protect him as to do so would place them as an accessory with possible prior knowledge.

I am sure they would also help effect a leadership change maybe even quicker than we would. That cannon simply would not be allowed to remain loose or as a separate country.

I actually paid off my bookie on all my losing prop bets. It was embarrassing.

But I did get one thing exactly right. I felt Cern would be sabotaged (it was hacked) and that it would be in operation less than 6 months before it shut down.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by tothetenthpower

here is another link..there confirming it...
If so lord have mercy on us all lol

english.chosun.com...

Intelligence authorities in South Korea and the U.S. believe North Korea has already succeeded in manufacturing small nuclear warheads, which can be mounted on a 1,300 km-range missile, a member of a private think thank claimed Tuesday. North Korea maintains Rodong missile bases in North Pyongan Province, Jakang Province and Yangkang Province.

Intel has come back..they have nuke's.....

1300 km -.- they'd have to get up close and personal with those lollypops before launching those. I wouldn't want to drop a nuke a mere 1300km from my own launch site.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Use ABL to shoot it down. Plausible deniability.
In any case I hope it's shot down,,, nice test for AEGIS BMD and the SM-3 missile. What are they going to do? Collapse their own country because we shot down their irrelevant little missile?

In a hypothetical situation, wonder how an invasion would pan out if the border was lined with MTHEL, PAC-3, and a bunch of ABL with Air Forces carpet bombing the border 24/7.

[edit on 1/4/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

I'm thinking #4 or something very close would be the case. China more and more wants to show they're a player in every aspect of world issues. that being said I personally can't see china allowing us to walk in their backyard for anything like it has been done in years gone by. China then Russia secondly don't hold us in any friendly light any longer so neither of which would allow us to do much of anything within their sphere of influence especially their doorstep.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by argentus

It doesn't really matter what Japan thinks because they have no standing army. They can't attack NK even if NK did Nuke them.

All they can do is shoot that thing out of the sky.

I think we are sensationalizing this story with all the fear the media is reporting. I doubt this will ammount to much of anything.

In these situations cooler heards usually prevail. Not even the NWO wants a nuke to go off.

~Keeper

Japan has had recent deployments in the past few years to Iraq and the Indian Ocean.

And the most recent:

Japan sends warships to Somalia

The two Japanese destroyers with 400 crew are en route to the Gulf of Aden to join US, European and Chinese naval ships already deployed to stop Somali pirates who have launched more than 100 attacks on ships in the past year.

www.abc.net.au...

There were plans to send the SDF to Afghanistan but those are hold.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
North Korea is a poor third world nation and dont have the army to even defeat the US nor Japan for that matter.

Also, NK has every right to shoot-up an experimental satellite just like the US and even Russia.

The US (over at the Vandenburge Launch sites) in CA, they launch missiles up every month or so and the world does not stick there noses into that, but if NK is envolved thats different. So it its not even fair.

They have every right to do experiments...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infocon_delta
North Korea is a poor third world nation and dont have the army to even defeat the US nor Japan for that matter.

Also, NK has every right to shoot-up an experimental satellite just like the US and even Russia.

The US (over at the Vandenburge Launch sites) in CA, they launch missiles up every month or so and the world does not stick there noses into that, but if NK is envolved thats different. So it its not even fair.

They have every right to do experiments...

People think people have rights with no consequences and its cute. Sure he has the right to shoot a missile up or a sat but he will then deal with the consequences of his actions that could even lead to him being dead.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
N. Korea is a nice friend with China, and if N. Korea does go to war, I would then speculate that China could be selling (secretly) weapons to its communist neighbor.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by infocon_delta

I think the difference is that geographically VAFB has pretty much nothing but Pacific to the west. The pads are right on the ocean and the shots go west (and up). They're also pretty good at reaching space with those rockets.
On the other hand, the Korean peninsular is pretty much surrounded. The only clear shot they have is South, but then Australasia gets in the way eventually. They also are not that proficient at space shots.

If the NK shot North or West, you know that China or Russia would just shoot it down without a care. Would they posture maniacally toward China and Russia? Of course not.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by infocon_delta

You're partialy correct on that except that North Korea is prohibited from developing ICBM's under U.N.S.C. resolution 1718.

And what are they using to bring that satellite into orbit... yup an ICBM.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hmm. Kinda makes you wonder now, about what NK is actually willing to do, and what they're actually capable of doing.

As I said in another, but related thread, NK is not stupid enough to think that they could launch an attack on any country without having the whole of their land mass turned into a parking lot. They may be a lion, but they're up against an elephant, and the lion never stands a chance against the elephant. However, with a devious plan, and the entire pride behind it, the lion may well feast on elephant come the end of the day. The point is, with enough planning and enough backup, the lion can successfully take on the elephant.

So in this case I ask, what's the plan, and who's the backup? What kind of secret deals have been made with who? I'm also remembering Biden saying Obama would be tested within the first six months of his presidency, and I don't think anyone thought he was just talking about a sour economy. Could that statement have been related to the NK situation? What lengths would someone like Dick Cheney go to to prove his point that Obama has made the US more vulnerable to attack?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by TheAmused

Well that's highly unlikely.

I don't believe they have Nuclear arms, they would have threatened to use them ages ago.

Although they did do that "supposed" underground test a few years back. I wouln't worry about it, NK will put up a stint if they shoot that missile down but they sure won't be launching any Nukes.

Besides we'd see on the pad long before it was launched and we'd just carpet bomb it worse case scenario.

More fear mongering ....

Deny the ignorance folks..

~Keeper

I think there rational is more like..."Hans Bwick you're no chance for the North Korea, we will waunch our wuclear weapons at the uwsa and then we will just sit in our swuper bwunkers and see what whappens wext."

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm wondering if Japan will use this to built there army up again. There navy is already large but will they built up the rest of there army

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I present to you, the worse case.
You war gamers are forgetting what is now lurking in the waters around the Peninsula.
Wouldn't you expect at least 3 of the US Tridents swimming around to put a quick end to any shelling of Soul? After a launch of a N. Korean warhead, aimed at anyone? The shelling would be stopped, in very short order.

Remember that Japan is The United States largest aircraft carrier. Japan will shoot this down.

Forget about underground bunkers. If (by pure luck) N. Korea launches a nuke...here is what they can expect. All before any US aircraft are called.

We could reasonably expect at least 3 Ohio class (trident) subs very near this "hot spot".
The deterrent of just 3 Trident subs is:
462 Tomahawk Cruise missiles(4 of these could easily shut off the power to the N. Korean grid.)
576 separately targeted 50 kiloton thermonuclear warheads(indescribable devastation)

There is not enough land in N. Korea to unleash this level of annihilation without about a 70%overlap. (each city hit 7 times or so)

All of which could be delivered in the time it takes a cup of water to boil in your microwave!

China knows this, and will not provoke these dogs. This is the reason we have them.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So what, the USA has thousands of nuclear warheads, and they're the only
ones that have used nuclear warheads on civilians in the past. North Korea
really doesn't pose any danger to us, they don't want war. I think they are
just trying to get a satelite into the air, which is their international right.

[edit on (1/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

So what? N. Korea continues to threaten their neighbors with a launch of a rocket that by UN agreement, they are not allowed to have. What would they do with a satellite? Their people need food more than they need a cell phone.Or a weather sat.

That is the real reason they do this, to try to garner goods from the world. Over and over and over they do this. It is high time to call their bluff, and end this charade. Please do some study on "the dear leader" and his regime. The whole world knows what this madman is all about. Cognac and western movies, while his people starve and die in his concentration camps.
It is not their right. By International law!

Resolution 1718 (2006)
Adopted by the Security Council at its 5551st meeting, on
14 October 2006
daccessdds.un.org...

5. Decides that the DPRK shall suspend all activities related to its ballistic
missile programme and in this context re-establish its pre-existing commitments to a
moratorium on missile launching;
7. Decides also that the DPRK shall abandon all other existing weapons of
mass destruction and ballistic missile programme in a complete, verifiable and
irreversible manner;

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Descent comments so far, but why hasnt anyone mentioned the other subs in who are data accumulating the signatures. I would not focus on what you are being told but what is actually happening in the background. By the way has anyone any feedback on the Russian war ship who's sole purpose is electronic warfare which is currently idle in international waters. Also why have satellites changed their telemetry in the past 2 months which in turn cover far more frequent fly overs of that region.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
First off, I did not read most previous posts, I applogize for anything already said.

1. North Korea has always been clamoring for attention over the years. They have said things that were false, staged missle launchs to attract attention, but NOTHING ever happened. The US does not believe NK to be a plausible threat. Remember a few months back there were confirmations of special operations in Iran, but nothing in North Korea!

2. Even if they were able to sneak a nuke onto a missile, somehow, if the US didnt use their mass intelligence service to find out and bomb the hell out of it, and it launches. Worst case scenario: All the US ships fail to shoot it down, Japan somehow misses, it barely reaches alaska. It may not even work.

3. Even by some miracle of God, a nuke hits Anchorage, Fairbanks, some Japaneses city, NATO will become involved. This isnt some fancy peacetime drill, things will happen, the US will move into position. NATO will launch a full out invasion.

4. If by some miracle we do get into a war, what happens to America? Nothing. North Korea is one of the poorest countries on earth. Recently I volunteered for a international food shelter. They load I packaged was headed for North Korea. Hunger is rampant among citizens. Poverty is common.

This all a stunt. Who doesnt like some drama?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join