It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire: The true weapon of resistance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If there is ever a need for resistance against a tyrannical government, there will be many who will use their firearms to do it. There will be others who lower their heads to their new masters. Others still will launch suicidal charges at their oppressors with nothing but protest signs and cobblestones.

However, there is one weapon that is readily accessible, deadly effective, and one of the most terrifying sights known to man. That weapon, my brothers and sisters, is fire.

Consider this. If you are found with bullets, they will know you have a gun. If you are found with an innocuous but flammable substance, then you are less likely to have problems. There are literally hundreds of flammable agents available to the public, and many are perfectly legal. Lighters, matches, and other means of starting a fire are easy to come by.

But, as important as the ease of finding materials is the psychological effect. If you saw your friend shot, it would be traumatizing to say the least. But you would recover your will to fight. If your friend stepped into a 'puddle' and was burned alive from the boots up, then you would have a precedent, witness a truly horrible death, and know that you may be next to suffer that fate. Quick deaths and clean kills are the weapons of war, but fire is a weapon of resistance.

So for all those who wish to consider fighting the coming tide, remember that body armor may stop bullets, but it will not spare its wearer the agony of having its polymers melt into their skin. Its not pretty imagery, but I can promise that few would be willing to take up arms against their fellow citizens if they knew that they run the risk of being immolated for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That's certainly a comforting thought.

And you are correct. A weapon that is less obvious.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Is it appropriate or not to list specific methods of using fire as a weapon? I don't want to break any rules here.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I would have to agree.
I have been reading up on fire and all the fun things to do.
I just don't think ATS would allow me to post some of them on here. But use your imagination and I am sure there are a million ways to spread fire, shoot fire (supersoaker) and things that burn really hot for a decent amount of time.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDustman

There's a useful piece of kit that will be lurking in the bottom of most folks BoBs that can be utilised as an initiator for thermite etc...the magnesium blocks that form part of a fire-starting kit.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't believe that making a flamethrower is the way to go about this. Granted, it would be effective, but I feel that fire is best used with the other great tool of resistance.. Ambush. Lure them into a location in which you have the advantage, and make the most of it. I believe that direct engagement is simply a waste of life and resources.

You would surely deal with a possum that decided to make its home in your kitchen. But how long would it take you to notice a rat gnawing away at the wiring of your home?

Oh, and in response to Citizen Smith. I believe that thermite would be unsuited for the average citizen to properly use. While it would be invariably effective against armored vehicles and obstacles, I feel that there are other, simpler methods that achieve the same end.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Molotov cocktail - en.wikipedia.org...

It has a long history as a weapon of choice for the masses who want to rise up against their oppressors.

[edit on 3/30/09 by larphillips]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Not to spoil anyone's fun, ladies and gentlemen, but this is precisely the sort of thread that gets the ptb somewhat aroused. Far from being in a position to tell anyone what to do, if these were my ideas and opinions, I'd be keeping them strictly to myself.
Loose lips...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I always thought it would be such a shame if some huge forest fires broke out in oddly circular patterns coincidentally surrounding some of those FEMA camps or the HARRP base in Alaska. Darn those unexpected lightning strikes due entirely to the side effects of weather modification!

If such a mistake were ever made by the HARRP operators, and forest fires were accidentally created by TPTB which surrounded a FEMA camp on all sides, say, about a half mile away in all directions... why, no matter which way the fire spread, it would eventually destroy the camp.

And then where would we put the massive influx of illegal immigrants?

It'd almost be as awful as if some reckless psychopath set fire to Blackwater's compound...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

True enough. I may have been a bit overzealous with this thread. I'll refrain from mentioning particulars now, but I do want to at the very least remind people of the tools they have in front of them.

Oh, and in the spirit of not tipping hands, lets try to refrain from mentioning very specific things such as the post above mine.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What, I didn't tell anybody to do anything.

It's not like ATS controls HAARP. They want to mess with the weather, not me. You started a thread about using fire as a means of resistance, so I simply pointed out that it's entirely possible that their own weather experiments might cause more than enough fire to do the job for us.

I would never advocate a criminal act of arson. Not no way, not no how.

Anyways, to get back on topic, this is a classic that many readers are probably familiar with, but for those who aren't:

After a SitX scenario, the garbage man probably won't be stopping by to pick up your refuse anymore. So, let's say you need to do a controlled burn to dispose of some trash. A good, safe, and effective propellant can be made by mixing Styrofoam into gasoline. Eventually you'll get a thick, sticky substance that doesn't evaporate or run off of the garbage you intend to burn. Useful stuff, it is.

And of course, both gasoline and Styrofoam can be stored safely and legally - so there are no worries about violating the important laws that have been deemed necessary for our own safety!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Fire no.

But water yes.
you would be surprised at what water will do.

Just plug the pipes running under any road or highway and wait for a good rain and watch the fun.

Water lapping over the road instead of going through the pipe under the road.

Do you live in areas that have flash floods. heavy spring run off.
no highway can hold back a flash flood if you just put a cheap piece of plywood over the end of the pipe.

Even a piece of chain link fence will fill with debris and stops the water flow.
plus you can wait till the water has covered it and call the highway department to come block the road so no one gets hurt because once a pipe is plugged there is little anyone can do to open it until the water goes down.

Just don't use fire i spent a lot of time as a firefighter and fire is too dangerous to play with.

fire would only be good if a country invaded the US and you could light a barracks full of there troops on fire.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hair Spray... Check
Lighter...Check

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'd only consider fire as a weapon if the country fell to pieces and the PTB started acts of outright tyranny. Even then it would only be a consideration. Even for the henchmen out there it would be a grim and evil thing to do to them.
Fire does terrible injuries and is very tough to heal from.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I am of the opinion that the being roasted alive is a grim fate indeed. It its most likely one of the worst ways to die a human being could reasonably expect to face. And, that is precisely why it is such a powerful weapon. It appeals to tbe basest of human instict, and generates a fear that is ( For all practical purposes ) impossible to rid a person of through military training. Nothing in the world prepares you for being set on fire. I will say, as an educated guess, that few reading this would be able to sleep much after witnessing it happen in person. Anyone who wants an idea of how horrible a death it is, try sitting through it happening on video, in the safety of your own home, to a total stranger.

Consider, for a moment, that your Citizen Joe. You are on the fence about the recent change in the local police. They traded in their uniforms for intimidating body armor and shiny visors, and they're encouraging citizens to collude or even join. Theres a promise of government supplied rations if you do, and your not sure if its all bad in the first place. Now, if you looked out your window and saw one of those jackbooted 'police' officers doused with a bucket of gasoline and turned into a human torch, would you consider joining? Or would you weigh the benefits against the potential consequences, and not turn coat against your fellow citizens?

[edit on 31-3-2009 by TheDustman]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Great thread Dusty... and kudos for those who have provided great replies on this one!

Just one quick question Mattifikation; do you know how this "garbage" burning mixture of Styrofoam and gasoline will last shelved once mixed?

Regards,

Tim

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDustman

So for all those who wish to consider fighting the coming tide, remember that body armor may stop bullets, but it will not spare its wearer the agony of having its polymers melt into their skin

i agree up to the quote, and even there too but !! only 50 years ago it would have worked no doubt, but now you the COMMING TIDE as you name it, is a hurricane backed by a tsunami or the tidle wave will outflank you with by earthquake, so disable HAARP first and we are in business.

new topics

top topics

join