It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Port Authority says No to Freedom Tower name, it will be called 1WTC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Just saw this on LL, maybe the Port Authority will finally get the tower(s) back up.

Suggested completion date is now 2012- 2014.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Stillresearchn911]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Freedom Tower, freedom fries...this is a sensible move, the embarrassment has yet to wear off.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeah...why name the tower freedom.

The USA no longer signifies freedom anyway.

Why hide it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I personally think the name "Freedom Tower" had a suitably Bushian/Orwellian ring about it, and am sorry to see that it will be scrapped.

After all, consider that the base of the tower is designed as a re-enforced concrete bunker with no windows until the 10th or so floor. This to me screams "Freedom!"

Also, it will be more than a decade that the WTC site is empty, as various go'vt agencies and corporations and Good ole Larry "Just pull it" Silverstein do a dance of death--well, at least a Bataan march--around the design parameters. This to me shouts "Can do!" and "USA #1!"

And, like "Operation Iraqi Freedom," the name "Freedom Tower" just captures all the fond memories of psychopathy that was the Bush administration. It distills a certain moment in our nation's history, one dripping with hypocrisy and delusion--what a surprise they've now decided to toss it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I still feel that we should have rebuilt them, both of them, to make a statement that the terrorists did not win immediately following 9/11. (Hell why wasn't that included in the budget
. The buildings should not be a shrine or a testament to anything.

Rebuild them as they were and create a magnificent memorial on site for the workers, FDNY, NYPD and Port Authority that lost their lives that day. At the time, in the months after, it fit but we are past that now. Maybe we should each send in our extra 13 bucks a paycheck we will be getting...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted by David9176
Yeah...why name the tower freedom.

The USA no longer signifies freedom anyway.

Why hide it.

Perhaps the New Tower should represent the New US Gulag in Eastern Europe with $$$$$$$$ all over it.

Or did Obama shut the New Gulag down? He doesn't need the $$$$$$$$?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I still feel that we should have rebuilt them, both of them, to make a statement that the terrorists did not win immediately following 9/11.

Although I would like to see both towers rebuilt, the "terrorists" inside our government who carried out 9/11 could care less. They did already win with the support of the world at the time to militarily do whatever they wanted. And still want.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is it just me or does "One World Trade" (center) look a bit like "One World Order" ?

Maybe ive been in the NWO forum to long.

But isnt it going to be 1,776 feet tall i know its been said its that hight to mark the year of the signing of the American Declaration of Independence in 1776.

1776 is also the year the Illuminati was founded!

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I agree with you on that one Bones, the government could careless.
Maybe, they will have another false flag operation, and blow this one up in the future since they got away with it the first time.
I believe ground zero should stay empty until George Bush, and Dick Cheney has been arrested charge with treason, and murder for helping to pull off 911 and that is my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, I love this country, but I do not like a government that kills innocent Americans, to justify a war, so their greedy contracting friends, can make billions of dollars, it is truly sickening what they have done.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All this bickering over a name is pointless,man I have come to the conclusion that this memorial is really nothing more than a scam to milk money off of N
YC and the tourists.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by esdad71
I still feel that we should have rebuilt them, both of them, to make a statement that the terrorists did not win immediately following 9/11.

Although I would like to see both towers rebuilt, the "terrorists" inside our government who carried out 9/11 could care less. They did already win with the support of the world at the time to militarily do whatever they wanted. And still want.

Yeah, I have always felt that they should have rebuilt the towers exactly the same except larger and basically indestructible. Rebuilt in the shortest time possible.

This would have been the "american" thing to do. I personally believe that every single wtc ny'er victim would of wanted this.

Instead its like a gaping wound that has been left open on the side of americas face. So that none of can begin to heal and begin anew in nyc.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

They had polls many years ago that asked people what they would like built at ground zero and an overwhelming majority said the twin towers should've been rebuilt.

I agree that they should've been rebuilt and probably done already and that would've been the American thing to do.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have been back to ground zero twice and each time I take the ride I get chills because they are no longer there...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted by esdad71
I have been back to ground zero twice and each time I take the ride I get chills because they are no longer there...

Yeah, they are in Communist China and Indonesia and other nations across the oceans, and at least we will get a teensey bit of them back in a warship to help carry out more no-win wars of naked aggression.

Gives me the chills too.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

posted by esdad71

Yeah, they are in Communist China and Indonesia and other nations across the oceans, and at least we will get a teensey bit of them back in a warship to help carry out more no-win wars of naked aggression.

Gives me the chills too.

There are some pieces that were sent away to China, yes, since they are the leading nation who needs steel, but there are tons and tons of that steel in places throughout the US.

I am glad that some will be used in warships. It should be. It was an act of agression against our nation that caused them to fall.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Personally I thought the 'freedom tower' title was a complete joke to start with, how can a tower built on that site represent freedom to the masses, it probably only represented freedom to Larry to reconstruct whatever the hell he likes.

Although I am glad they changed it since it doesn't represent freedom at all to me and I expect I am not the only one who feels this but the very fact that they decided to change the name shows these guys don't believe it either and think, ok that's a bad name we can't get away with it and we better change it. The name was insulting and I think they knew it. It's just like the new red peice of 'art' unveiled near wtc7 that looks like someones bloody intestines. Yeah nice peice of art for a place where thousands of people fell to their death and splattered on the floor. It's an insulting peice of art. Yeah thanks for that Larry Silverstein and friends, i'll see you in hell.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
N.B.A.Y.S.O.H, I think your spot on.

I guess it's promising that there is no such thing as the New World Order anymore.

Now we can all kick back comfortable in the knowledge that the One World Order will be entirely different.

top topics

join