It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Socialized Medicine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The question on my mind is why everyone is so against socialized medicine, if you look at France, Canada, Cuba and many others, they have socialized health care..it would help with many sick people who live on the streets in our country because all there money goes to there medications, is a few extra dollars out of our taxes really so bad if it means helping out our fellow man, is our country really that selfish? I know the government would "lose" money..not really.. but look at the toll money that we pay everyday and the other taxes, the government should just suck it up and stop saying they care about our country and show us they care. give us free health care!!! Ive seen so many people in my family in debt due to medical bills including myself. and we cant get health care because of pre-existing conditions.. well duh we have pre-existing conditions!!look at all the chemicals they put in our food and don't even tell us about no wonder everyone on earth has some kind of illness!! Give us free health care!!! NOW!!

Mod Edit: Removed All Caps title.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What it is, ok, its very simple.
But to be able to get people to grasp the simplicity of it, isn't easy.
Richard Nixon, and Henry Kaiser, monetized the health system FOR THERE OWN PROFIT!
It had nothing to do, with anything else at all.
Now one of them is dead, but the other should be sent to prison.
They personally single handedly destroyed the health system for there own selfish greedy gain.
Everyone who's died, from preventable illness, because they couldn't afford medical treatment.
Was MURDERED by these men.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Goddamned Socialmatistismistizm!

I don't want to pay for a lazy peoples or share needles and beds with darker folks!

BTW socialized medicine is a misnomer in regards to the proposed AMERICAN system,
this system would not make hospitals or physicians federal entities, it would only make the stream of payment fed...

SOCIALIZEDISMISTISM medicine would mean the ownership and direct employment by and for the government citizens, not the case at all.

I AM GOING TO GO GET A MULLET AND LOVES ME A FARMS ANIMALS.cooter!!!!,

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is simple.

America isn't Canada or any country in Europe. We have a different culture and everything else.

Not only that but health care will go from what the best treatment is for you to what is cost effective. In not so many words there will be some bureaucrat sitting up in Washington looking at what treatment you should get and will tell the doctor what to do.

Not only that but socialized medicine in other countries is why our medication is so high here. Then there is also what aLiiEn said past administrations monetized the health care industry. Also our tax rate would go through the roof. Free Health Care is not free.

We should just fix what we have now. Switching to a whole different type of health care system is like using a shotgun to cure a headache.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Entire world is WRONG about having socialized health care...

Our people do not want it and we know this because we have government representatives who truly represent our will. They do everything in their power to do what's the best for us...

This is a big PHARMA and we approve this message

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
It is simple.

America isn't Canada or any country in Europe. We have a different culture and everything else.

Not only that but health care will go from what the best treatment is for you to what is cost effective. In not so many words there will be some bureaucrat sitting up in Washington looking at what treatment you should get and will tell the doctor what to do.

I suspect you do not like the idea because it competes with your ideology... I remind you we pay twice as much for similar care - in comparison to the next most expensive care.

My fathers pays $10,000 and his insurance pays $60,0000 a month for 220 pills per month...(cancer)

Same medication costs well under a thousand in MEXICO...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

That is because your father and insurance company are paying for the cheap medication all over the world.

It has nothing to do with an ideology it has to do with facts. And the fact it is government only screws things up. Government run health care will be a disaster.

And again comparing American politics to any other country in the world is a moot point. Every country is different.

You have no idea what is wrong with our health care system you just parrot the liberal talking points. If you actually did some research you would find out how wrong you are.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I know in Cuba the inhalers that I used to use are only 5 cents there, and here it is around forty or fifty bucks. Tell me that makes sense, there has been tons of research about the quality of health care in in these other countries, and it is just the same here, just free. don't count the taxes because it wouldn't be that much more, maybe around 15 or 20 dollars more. and saying you wont help lazy people is an awful thing to say. you don't know there situation or why they cant afford it. that is the attitude that makes America an awful place is because of selfish people.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And another thing why is the death rate higher here than in Canada or Europe, obviously our health system cant be that much better!!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

As for the death rate in America, America has 300+ million people compared to 33 million or so in Canada and even less for countries in Europe. It is comparing apples and oranges.

As far as medicine here costing more than in other countries is because of government intervention and the US having to cover costs of the other countries that have really cheap medicine. So we get the brunt of it.

You already have it made up in your head that you want socialized medicine so it really is a pointless argument.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

...there will be some bureaucrat sitting up in Washington looking at what treatment you should get and will tell the doctor what to do.

As opposed to a profit motivated insurance company flack who gets bonuses based on how many claims are denied telling the doctor what to do like it is now?

Riiiiiiight....

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ambient Sound

So who's fault is it that insurance companies are allowed to deny treatment? The Governments fault, so you want to give the power over your health to the very people that allow this kind of treatment to go on?

Also, you know you can talk to the hospital and work out a payment plan and get the surgery you need. I know people that have done it and even though there insurance company denied them the treatment the hospital worked it out with them and made it affordable.

Universal Health Care is like using a shotgun to cure a headache. We have the best health care system in the world, it is the insurance companies and the obscene regulations put on everything health related and government intervention that makes things outrageously expensive.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife ... health care will go from what the best treatment is for you to what is cost effective. In not so many words there will be some bureaucrat sitting up in Washington looking at what treatment you should get and will tell the doctor what to do.

Right now it is being controlled by insurance company apparatchiks who care for nothing but the shareholder and who are decidedly not answerable to the electorate.

Also our tax rate would go through the roof. Free Health Care is not free.

My taxes are reasonable. And I got cured of cancer for $32 out of pocket. I agree with the OP...what the heck are you people so afraid of? You're not dunderheads, so I don't think shifting the infrastructure is beyond you. You hear about how bad it is here in Canada...but that couldn't be propaganda courtesy of Health Inc, could it? You sure don't see us clamouring to adopt your system. That oughtta be a hint.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
thank you JohnnyCanuck!!! im glad someone from Canada is on here to back me up!!! I wish i LIVED THERE HONESTLY SO MY LITTLE GIRL WONT HAVE TO GROW UP IN THIS HELLHOLE

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
thank you JohnnyCanuck!!! im glad someone from Canada is on here to back me up!!! I wish i LIVED THERE HONESTLY SO MY LITTLE GIRL WONT HAVE TO GROW UP IN THIS HELLHOLE

I can't answer to the hellhole charge, as everybody's circumstance is different. I sincerely hop it doens't mean that your daughter is suffering at the hands of the system.

And make no mistake...I really like both the United States and the American people...but unless you are privileged...your heath care sucks.

I do understand that a lot of Americans feel that it is simply not the business of government to be involved in health care. That is a fundamental issue of how they interpret the Constitution, and it has nothing to do with compassion. I kinda get that...but saying that so many should suffer because some feel health care is beyond the competence of government is just nonsense. You hold the key to that...it's called the ballot. Tell them what you want...if you don't get it then kick their mossy arses back to the front porch of the general store.

Like John Pinette sez...get outta line - watch me!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That is because your father and insurance company are paying for the cheap medication all over the world.

It has nothing to do with an ideology it has to do with facts. And the fact it is government only screws things up. Government run health care will be a disaster.

And again comparing American politics to any other country in the world is a moot point. Every country is different.

You have no idea what is wrong with our health care system you just parrot the liberal talking points. If you actually did some research you would find out how wrong you are.

I parrot what I believe first off, liberal talking points???? Where did I get the handbook for that??? - what you have witnessed is my world view sire.

The government screws things up when you have government that over looks and destroys valid laws and regulations. I'm sorry but it seems clear that the derivative cluster $#@$@ was not forced upon industry. I believe big business influences government and screws up government...

BTW it the right via REPUBLICANS that keep downing cheaper drug import via CANADA.

The reason government does not work is because idiots vote to ban foreign imports of cheaper drugs, right idiots.

BTW do you see me flagging and posting OLBERMEN rants and clips????

MR GLEN BECK friend II - you've got your constitution stance that is no more then rehashed GOP talking points IMO.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife ... health care will go from what the best treatment is for you to what is cost effective. In not so many words there will be some bureaucrat sitting up in Washington looking at what treatment you should get and will tell the doctor what to do.

Right now it is being controlled by insurance company apparatchiks who care for nothing but the shareholder and who are decidedly not answerable to the electorate.

Also our tax rate would go through the roof. Free Health Care is not free.

My taxes are reasonable. And I got cured of cancer for $32 out of pocket.

Tell the fool headed partisan this point again - my family in on $1.5 million for a cancer bill.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

This is why this is a pointless conversation, because people are unable to comprehend the fact that the same Insurance Companies that are paying off the politicians to enact these policies will be the ones writing the rules and regulations of the Universal Health Care companies.

You know maybe it isn't the people that are against socialized medicine that have the problem, maybe it is the people pushing for socilized medicine that have been fed the propaganda.

There is a reason why the politicians that push for socialized medicine don't want any debate about it. Because the people that are able to critically think know exactly what is going to happen.

People just have a lack of foresight and are unable to think about the negatives of socialized medicine. Because it isn't me that is being fed propaganda it is people that accept socialized medicine lock stop and barrel and don't ask questions about it and just accept it because that's that's what they want.

America isn't here to please the world and quite frankly I can really care less what you think. I don't want America to be like Canada or any other country for that matter. It doesn't really make for a very compelling argument when people are criticizing America and her policies and bashing her president and the like and saying how much they hate us. Then turn around and say oh well why don't you guys do this, this is the way we do it.

America didn't become the superpower of the world trying to be like everybody else, but I can tell you want trying to be like everybody else is doing to America and that is destroying it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

BTW it the right via REPUBLICANS that keep downing cheaper drug import via CANADA

Tell the fool headed partisan this point again - my family in on $1.5 million for a cancer bill.

Uh huh, thanks for proving my point of who the partisan is.

This is why this is a pointless conversation, because people like you base your politics off of emotion. You have illogical and irrational view points. You are unable to think critically.

We have a big government now and you hate it, but yet you want a different big government because the one we have now doesn't fit your indoctrinated view point.

That sucks your family is on the hook for a 1.5 million dollar cancer bill, but if you read the universal health care provision in the stimulus package some bureaucrat in Washington could decide that it isn't worth treating the cancer and let the person in your family deal with the pain and no treatment, but you don't look at that aspect of it.

Instead you would rather come on here and throw around baseless claims, indoctrinated view points, and call me names for your lack of intelligence.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

This is why this is a pointless conversation, because people are unable to comprehend the fact that the same Insurance Companies that are paying off the politicians to enact these policies will be the ones writing the rules and regulations of the Universal Health Care companies.

You know maybe it isn't the people that are against socialized medicine that have the problem, maybe it is the people pushing for socilized medicine that have been fed the propaganda.

There is a reason why the politicians that push for socialized medicine don't want any debate about it. Because the people that are able to critically think know exactly what is going to happen.

People just have a lack of foresight and are unable to think about the negatives of socialized medicine. Because it isn't me that is being fed propaganda it is people that accept socialized medicine lock stop and barrel and don't ask questions about it and just accept it because that's that's what they want.

America isn't here to please the world and quite frankly I can really care less what you think.
America didn't become the superpower of the world trying to be like everybody else, but I can tell you want trying to be like everybody else is doing to America and that is destroying it.

WHO the hell is destroying AMERICA???? IT you rigid board headed fellows who are entirely to self absorbed. Quite frankly your ideology lost this go around, so quite frankly I could care less about what you think, hows that? THE rich have had their pockets lined in the last decade, that is the core of what you guys want and you got it.

I hope when you read about cured cancer for $32 out of pocket and an AMERICAN who is at a 1.5 million tab you think...

Anyhow have fun gnashing yer teeth these next four! cheers!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join