It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Here you go.

There's not "religious nut" in that statement. And I wrote at the bottom why I edited, I edited to change support to protest after YOU sent me a U2U pointing out an error in my statement.

lol, I know how you like to go back and edit.

These two posts alone show everyone you are a liar, and have not even read the thread.

You said this just one page ago...

Get real.

Now you're claiming I edited? Oh please. PROVE IT. I NEVER called you a religious nut, never. I'm done with this conversation. I don't know why I tried again. You wouldn't just be an adult and admit that you made another false statement or possibly even a mistake, instead you have to claim I'm the liar. Have a nice, you're now the second person to make my ignore list. How proud you must be to get out of supporting your claims, which is why I think you've been insanely attacking me in the first place. You win!

edit: to fix quotes

[edit on 29-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by jasonjnelson

You then call me a religious nut and "leave".

Where did I call you a “religious nut”, please quote me, because it didn’t happen. I never left, I said I would no longer entertain your rants.

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Alright, I have to go now, there’s just a little too much crazy in here…

And you wonder why I have issues with religious people?
Congrats, you successfully took me out of this conversation so you don't have to support your argument.
]

Cheers, and I hope whatever is making you act so hostile ends soon so perhaps we can have a sane, mature, respectful conversation in the future.

edit: support to protest

LOl.

SO, I prove that you DID call me a religious nut and "leave" the conversation.
Right after you claim that you SAID NO SUCH THING.

Now I make your ignore list?

Well, it's okay. Everyone who reads the last two pages will see how you lie. They will understand why I finally got so frustrated with you.

And you will lose more and more credibility every time they do.

You, eh, you...this guy...

I love that I came back to this thread.
Edit to move all of this here, so that everyone can see this in context!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
After a long walk on the beach, I came to the conclusion that I will not let rapinbatsforfun chase me away from my own thread.

You, rapin, said that churches protest abortion and then abandon the mothers after they have them.

I said that churches give all sorts of money away, and can say that from personal experience.

You, rapin, said it was now somehow MY responsibility to go make a list to prove you wrong, that I was making broad claims.

Well, even the general knowledge question you attacked me about proved YOU wrong. (you know, the one where I said the vast majority of abortions were performed NOT because of rape or incest, or medical issues?)

So now, I am asking myself, where is that list of churches that would PROVE a majority of christians who support the pro-life movement also ABANDON single mothers who choose to keep the baby?

J. Rapin does the EXACT same tactic in every thread I have seen her make demands in. She lays it on thick what she has done to provide proof when she provides none and on the rare occasion she does show statistics, you'll notice they are usually taken within the first three or four down a google list search. Now I don't have a problem with that but SHE does and says so by accusing you of just posting google points.

Yours are "GOOGLED" hers are "RESEARCH" ,

She invariably comes in when a thread is almost exhausted of every given argument and like a few more I have seen do this, she askes questions she thinks are unique because she likes to think she thought of them first.

After you inform her they have been asked and answered, rather than read the answeres and come up with a new question or variation of the question, she assumes (intentionally) that it is ok, "that if you don't want to answer her she understands" and lobs a couple crazy makers in there at the end as if she has got you "pegged" and will say words to the effect that the "REAL REASON" is because you haven't done your research and you are skeeeered of losing the argument to her staggering intellect, that you can't stand up to her superior research.

Now in spite of the expected reply, anyone who has had to fend off 4-5 opposing you is one thing but then we have those insulting you for showing emotionalism to promote an "agenda" but then they also mention they didn't watch it.

This is inspite of you having to remind people the same instruction and that you are now tired and the thread has been beat to death, you will get a fresh one in that will start process all over again and most of the time this is a collaborative effort to shut down a thread early.

Raps the bat usually has a lot of strange coincedence happening just like that too. tag theams of posts and then they call themselves the calm one and you the "immature" temperamentl" "ranting" "raving" etc.

The problem is when you are IN the argument you need to step awsay from it and look at it like a painting. Like Casual readers do. Now since you get caught up in some of the situational politics Rapsthebrat likes to use as strawmen, you assume others are seeing her posts the same way you are at the time. It isn't like that though, MOST everyone knows what she does and sees right through it and as argumentative styles go,, it is one of the most indicative of narcsicism and the best thing you can do is let her hang herself.

When she keeps saying she gave all this proof, Don't even bother arguing the point when everyone knows she didn't. When she knows you'll post right away, is when she uses her next and more devious argumentative tactic. We all call it "raps_bumrapsnrun" play. She will incite a rage in most by saying something that woujld piss off anyone then she times your posts and edits them playing miss innocent and as you have already done yourself, know that everyone else sees her doing it also, especially if they are arguing with ther .

She put ME on her ignore list too!

When she clues you in that she has won the argument, let me share this with you, RAPS ALWAYS wins the argument simply because you refuse to engage her sophomoric slippery semantics, teflon double standards and bubblegum bable.

Know that is exactly what anyone else who has read the entire thread sees also.

Take the current dilemma she thinks she has you in to invalidate a religous persons criticism for judging pro choicer's so harsh. She throws up conditions she picks arbitrarily from the freakin blue, and attempts to corale you in a position of hypocrisy where NOW she has you looking for crap on the internet for church audits showing those church's supporting wiman financially that are against abortion switching accountability to those against it as if you don't have a right to tell them it is wrong unless you are willing to subsidize them for not doing it in some weird situational politics using emotional extortion.

It was her challenge that you would not find this church. I aks you how many churchs have YOU visted where they give you a ledger of expenditures and the causes they went to?

NONE I I know of?

It was her claim, I'd say hey chick show me a list of churchs saying they don't help woman like that because most of them do and they do it because they WANT to, not because they should or have to and the last thing they should do is feel obligated to someone who refuses to read the thread and refuses to respond to those answeres you gave when someone before her asked the same question.

As for the church not giving more?? HA HA HA, she is a liberal activist man, it wouldn't matter if you gave her a bonafide fact on a platter
What Raps thinks of that, whether they do or not,, is

IRRELEVANT

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Why is it that you seem to be the only person that gets this point?

And as for the OP, what about the video was so biased?

Is there a better light to show an abortion in?

A musical version, maybe?

edit to remove possible copyright infringement.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Not everything is black and white this or that hate to tell you, the world is generally painted in shades of grey. So of course I state that under certain circumstances it is murder. Only extremists so lost in whatever extreme they cling to think that it must be otherwise. But enough philosophical rambling.

And I say it is murder, I don't much care about the semantic argument of the thing, langauge is and always will be subjective and transitory as to the meanings of the various words. It is a life form, albeit contained within another at that time, and deserving of the dignity of not being killed needlessly. And I imagine this is where you go off about the excesses of mankind against the various life forms that inhabit this planet with us and how it should be ok because that it is and I am a hypocrite because you will assume I agree with what goes on and confuse that assumption with fact. Though I wouldn't mind you proving me wrong it should be noted.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by riley

One word: adoption.
This is the seond line, aint it grand?

Yeah I hear there's a real high demand for crack babies.

It's also not like 9 months of pregnancy, painful childbirth, giving up a newborn baby and then having to pay thousands of dollars for the medical bills would be a very hard thing to do.. not to mention the part where she can't actually work to support herself to pay for food and rent (she can forget about higher education). Most people call that the cycle of poverty but to pro-lifers it's called "just a little bit of inconvenience" to try make it sound like a simple decision because it's easier to demonise them that way. You can call them murderers all you want but that does not stop actual REALITY from impacting on their decisions.. it just makes it easier for you to point the finger and be judgmental. Feel better for it? I doubt you've saved any babies doing that.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

Actually, I have been arguing that women who abort for the simple reason it's inconvient for them are murderers and I standby that statement as no one has provided a viable counter argument. And shall I quote your exact statement as to your use of the reference to others doing it as well?

I don't know what you are talking about. I had issue with someone's "To all women who have had abortions" yet you decided I was talking about your posts. I'm really not interested in you quoting my exact my statements as I have no case to answer to you.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Ah, so all poor people are crackheads huh? That's a "so fascinatingly false generalization it boggles the mind" if ever I heard one. That's the implication of your words after all, since my comment was directed to your comment about women of less than sterling financial means. And in this day and age of social help programs your argument is a bit lacking there friend to boot.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Then perhaps you should avoid speaking about people when you mean a person? Just a bit of advice.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The point is some women have not got the luxury of taking time out to have a pregnancy and give birth. What are they going to live on during that time? Yes some women may have drug abuse problems. Some women might be in abusive relationships.. and the socal programes have limited resources. They can only help so much.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Then don't have sex!

Sorry, condoning murder because it is somehow too difficult to cope with the results of your actions?

Doesn't anyone get that point?

That this is what we are arguing?

That saving the million babies a year that are NOT the product of rape, or incest, is really what matters to us?

This is NOT THIS HARD TO GET. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Abstenance need not be the only option.
There are any number of birth control options, more than a few provided free of cost. The shot is a particularly good one I have heard, as is certain interuterine devices. None of which consitute murder because someone screwed up.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

Then don't have sex!

Sorry, condoning murder because it is somehow too difficult to cope with the results of your actions?

What great advice! Yep.. so very easy to ignore the primal mating extinct.
I think encouraging people to use condoms would work better.. I thought you were interested in preventing conception? Or is this more about preventing sex?

That saving the million babies a year that are NOT the product of rape, or incest, is really what matters to us?

This is NOT THIS HARD TO GET. Seriously.

It is a fact that there are ATS women on here who have HAD abortions for medical reasons and have actually had rape pregnancies yet you and others have called them murderers. How about some sensitivity for them? .

Oh thats right you said "but they're a minority!". What an absolute copout of an excuse to justify abusing people you don't know. Just because they are in the minority does NOT mean they are not reading.

The word murder implies malice as intent. I can't imagine any woman would get some sort of sadistic pleasure by abortion her own pregnancy. It's a buzz word designed into antagonise people into reacting and looks great painted red.

I'll leave you to your judgemental buzzwords and your little ATS pro-life hate march. You are not interested in discussing the underlying issues like poverty or disuccing ways to make life easier for pregnant women.. you just want to demonise them which is counter productive. That might make you feel better but thats not going to stop fathers from walking out and leaving women in the lurch, and it's not going to prevent women from being fired for being pregnant and losing their rent money and becoming homeless.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I can't imagine any woman would get some sort of sadistic pleasure by abortion her own pregnancy.

That was not even implied by anyone, but you. And I find it funny how you flip that someone seeking to affirm life is on a hate march. Especially given the events hate leads to. History has shown that.

And fired for being pregnant?!?!!? What color is the sun in your world praytell?

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Riley.
Seriously.

Are you not reading my posts?

On this very page I say that I don't make these statements in relation, and in fact make exception for, THOSE minorities.

What is wrong with you?

I am talking about the OTHER 90%!!!

And even if I also promote the use of birth control, what about the times bc fails?
Should abortion be the back up for that?
No, in that case, if a woman gets abortion, for any less than the three reasons listed, she is committing murder for the sake of convenience.

Seriously, please go back and read, please?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

I can't imagine any woman would get some sort of sadistic pleasure by abortion her own pregnancy.

That was not even implied by anyone, but you.

Nice try bud. The definition for the word murder includes (paraphrased) malice of forethought. Calling a woman murderer presumes she had some sort of malicious motivation which is a completely baseless judgment to make.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

Riley.
Seriously.

Are you not reading my posts?

On this very page I say that I don't make these statements in relation, and in fact make exception for, THOSE minorities.

I did read your posts.. you actually had a go at me because I had a problem with the "to all women who have had abortions" post. You told me not to make generalisations.

I'm done here anyway.. by arguing with you I'm actually bumping this thread up and it doesn't deserve to be as it's blatent pro-life propoganda.

..and the other 90% do not deserve to be called murderers either.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Should we call it manslaughter?

What term would you use?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Too bad you are being selective in your definition, allow me to show the other possible meanings, I will even cite my source:
(please note the verb murder definitions found on the bottom)

mur·der (mûrdr)
n.
1. The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
2. Slang Something that is very uncomfortable, difficult, or hazardous: The rush hour traffic is murder.
3. A flock of crows. See Synonyms at flock1.
v. mur·dered, mur·der·ing, mur·ders
v.tr.
1. To kill (another human) unlawfully.
2. To kill brutally or inhumanly.
3. To put an end to; destroy: murdered their chances.

4. To spoil by ineptness; mutilate: a speech that murdered the English language.
5. Slang To defeat decisively; trounce.
v.intr.
To commit murder.

SOURCE:www.thefreedictionary.com...

Are we done with the semantic games now?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

Should we call it manslaughter?

What term would you use?

both words refer to people.. not fetuses.

You are not interested in actually discussing the social issues that might promt women to choose abortion. it's clearly just a propoganda thread so it's pointless trying to talk to you.

enjoy your hatin'.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join