It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Mocks Canadian Military

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Now, having said that, I will say they shouldn't have done it. They should not have taken even slightest risk that they would offend a good neighbour who has put his life on the line for you.

[edit on 3/24/2009 by wayno]

I'll go as far to say there's nothing wrong with mocking Canada, but do it in a manner that is funny, not ignorant or rude. I watched the clip again, and i'm cooled down on the issue now, but still fail to see any humor. It was poorly done and hence the backlash.

Kinda reminds me of what Michael Richards went through when he tried to be funny at that comedy club, but it didn't come out in a funny matter and people were seriously offended. Happens to comedians all the time. As someone said earlier, its about timing and delivery for them.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
All go as far to say there's nothing wrong with mocking Canada, but do it in a manner that is funny, not ignorant or rude.

South Park has the greatest Canada mocking, lol. "I'm not your buddy, guy"

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I'm not your guy, friend.

I love South Park.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

It's not about mocking Canada...we're really good at that ourselves. It's about a war that we couldn't justify to begin with, and now Steve is saying it can't be won, anyway. We're getting the dead stacked up...we know that because we're allowed to see their repatriation in this country...and we can't honestly say why, except that it's unseeming to run out on our pals when they need us.

So that's why we're not partial to those arses at Fox poking fun.

Yup. I agree. And I am not even Canadian. Americans would be equally outraged if people were mocking our soldiers who are over their sacrificing their lives and well being to serve their country too. Which is why I find it so HIGHLY amusing that this is being painted as a liberal issue by some. Fastest way to get a right winger to froth at the mouth is to sound like you are belittling the troops. But.....somehow it is okay to belittle the troops of our allies who are endangering their soldiers lives for a fight not even their own?

Gratitude comes to mind as a better attitude to take towards allies who back you up. Particularly when they back you up and you turn out to be just flat wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join