It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little ghost story about a ghost that told stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have told lots of close friends this story, but wanted to share it with the good folks at ATS, because I thought it may be of interest.

When I was very young, around 4 years old, my parents wanted to buy me a 'grown up' bed, and as luck would have it, a kind old lady down the road had one for sale that they said we could buy for cheap, as we were 'almost neighbours'. Apparently I was overjoyed, and was very proud to be sleeping in a big bed. Over breakfast a couple of days after receiving it, I happily told mum and dad that a nice man had sat by the bed each night and read me a story, which my parents thought was another way of me expressing how excited about the whole thing I was, making up more and more stories about my awesome new piece of furniture.

But it happened again, and again. Every morning in fact, to the point where I was able to describe the chap to them, as an old friendly man who wore a blue cap. He winked and smiled kindly at me, I said.

After a few days, my parents started to get a little unnerved by the whole thing, but was still treated like a bit of a joke. Until they mentioned the story to the lady we brought the bed from. She went pale, and told them that her dad had died in that bed, and he always used to wear his blue cap when he went to sleep.

Naturally the bed was whisked away quickly, and replaced with a new one, the old being dumped unceremoniously at a council tip.

Considering my age at the time, and that I have no memory of the situation, it would seem odd to think that the story was made up by my parents, they would have had no reason to do so that I can figure out. All I can remember is sleeping in my parents bed for a while, and being a little upset that I couldnt go in my room - I assume this was the time.

Its a nice spooky story eh

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
That is a nice little story. I'm glad you posted it.
Ghost's can be so sweet sometimes.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary
That is a nice little story. I'm glad you posted it.
Ghost's can be so sweet sometimes.

Agreed, Just like in life. There are good people and bad people, as well as in the after-life. I believe even in death people can take that trait with them to the after-life.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
its a spooky thought that it happened to me, and even though I have only the faintest of memories that something strange went on, its nice to know there is a pleasant side to all this.

I wonder what stories I was told, and if it was always the same one?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This same exact thing used to happen in my Grandfather's house with his little nephew/nieces that lived there. Whenever he'd go to read them a bedtime story they'd tell him they already heard them all despite never being read the books.

There was a known ghost in the house of a sailor named Sid, and had a lot of activity, but luckily nothing bad came from it being there.

top topics

join