It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - North Korea holds US reporters!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

news just in,

this will raise tensions just in time for this "so called satellite launch in early april"

not good, things could quickly escalate with bahviour like this.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19 Mar 09 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
strange how its not on msnbc yet... why is our media so slow?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hmmm, if this is true, it very much appears like North Korea is getting itself some human collateral... and bargaining chips.

"Shoot down the missiles and wave goodbye to your mates".

IRM

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
strange how its not on msnbc yet... why is our media so slow?

Becasue they have to find a way to script it so it will be glamorus, glorious, ratings catcher, sheeple snatcher, put on a show bleed it will lead type story.

Sit tight, its in the works.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Uh oh! ::shakes head and slowly walks away:: What are they thinking?? Here we go. . . sigh

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
yes, i cant believe its not on any other news site yet. whats going on????

link   
reply to post by lel1111

I'm following you
liner

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

link   
If you ask me, what they did is the same thing as taking hostages.
Why did they arrest this person? What charge? Last time I checked, I didnt think "being a camera man/woman reporting on facts" was an offense? If they dont release these people, I can sense that things can get really ugly really soon. Afterall, 'terrorists' didnt take them, a country did.
Lets see how this all pans out. Hopefully they get released soon.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
the first thought that came to my mind was, are they really reporters, or are they special forces???

hmmmmm,,,,,,,,, i smell a rat!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If this is true, and they are just holding them for the sake of being North Korea and thinking they can do what ever they want with in their boarders, they will find out otherwise. I hope this come out to a peaceful solution because I would hate to go to WW3.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If this is true we should at least pray for the safety of the reporters.
But this just doesn't look good. Might be time to order that NBC suit before it to late

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
With the Chinese ships playing chicken recently looks like the whole world is out to test the new Pres.

RELEASE OUR PEOPLE!!! OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
found another link that gives more clues , but theres very little being told at the moment

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, it really doesnt look like Obama is getting much love so far, not only from our own people, but from other nations as well. It seems to me like the only thing he can do at this point is to show his rage and start kickin someones ass. That usually gives people a little more momentum on getting people back on their sides. ESP when its a major war. Obama already has a fan base here in the states, so I dont think that it would be hard for him to get some of his supporters in uniforms to fight for him.
And it will probably be the only thing that can get him out of this AIG mess.
When you get caught with your pants down, then the only thing you can do from there is to kick the peoples ass who made fun of your junk.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
the first thought that came to my mind was, are they really reporters, or are they special forces???

hmmmmm,,,,,,,,, i smell a rat!!!

I agree with you.

My first thought was yea right this is coming from South Korea. Some reason I never trusted the news from there. It always seems like they are trying to provoke something to happen. Then again that just might be me. I mean the timing just smells fishy, they remind me of another country that spreads false news just for the "help me help me, look how bad they are"

When there is an official statement form N.K. I might believe it. but until then I will take this story as false.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
For all you people who say no news source is following this......and everyone who bashes them..........ahem..........foxnews.com is its on the main page

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is all bluster , america wont take on north korea over any hostages . So , get it out of your systems now .. all the bellicose talk of what you will do , because soon it'll just be wimpering . US never takes on any nation with the ability to hit back.

Who believes they were reporters and not CIA anyway.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join