It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans - How are we natural?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ok let me start by saying that i am definately NOT religious, So this thread is not about thinking that we were created by god because we are so different to our surrounding species. I n fact thats why i wonder about this, we are so different from any of the animal kingdom in the fact that we aren;t just slightly more developed than other species but we are leagues ahead. Why is that?

That is what leads to to think that maybe we didnt evolve from a ape species, although i do believe creatures evolve to there surroundings etc etc... but i think the human race is different. It seems to me that we have either been 'helped' along our evolutionary phase or have been planted here by an even more advanced species, maybe we are an experiment and are being watched and studied (abductions and UFO sightings).

I mean we also seem to be the only animal that is capable of controlling our enviroment to the point where we are destroying our planet and have the means to destroy it many times over.

So my question is, why would nature evolve a creature such as us? how come we have been evolved to this point in such a relativly short period, when crocodiles and sharks have been around for millions and millions of years? If find it fascinating that we have come along as we have!

Please i dont wanna hear the religious folk spurting on about 'coz god created all and put us here' that just seems like the easy answer. I really wanna hear from people on my wavelength and are more interested in the science of it all, By the way i also believe in aliens and i think the classic grey alien is the most interesting one, dont you think that a 'grey' is what we would possibly look like in our later stages of evolution? I mean eventually the need for manual labour would be reduced so we would inherently get weaker, but our general knowledge would be getting ever more increasing causing our brains to become larger and eventually we would evolve into the classic 'alien'.

Maybe we have been put here by the greys because they wanted some living breathing examples of what they used too look like millions of years ago and to see how our society would develop... theres obviously got sorted and they became a succesfull race, whereas ours have reached the point where we may have gone too far down the path of violence and racism, but who knows maybe we can pull it all back into shape?

But only when the average person stops listening to the government and finding information out for themselves huh... sadly i think were screwed thanks to the sheeple

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So, no one agrees or is everyone a christian??

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
We are not leagues ahead of other animals,we have high levels of intelligence which are needed to create diverse and complex tools,we use tools to survive,without them we would have died out a long time ago.Go live in the North Pole without any tools(that includes clothing) and see how leagues ahead you are compared to other animals adapted to live there.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I understand what your saying but thats the same as saying go grab a poler bear and chuck him in the desert then see how leagues ahead he is etc etc, i mean we have the ability to completely create objects out of minerals and chemical compositions, i mean you dont see monkeys forging steel or making synthetic oil or plastics? We are LEAGUES ahead of anything out there, other creatures evolve to do what they do as best they can, but like a polerbear out in the desert it will die, if the ice all melted they would all die, whereas we would be able to adapt extremely quickly due to technology, if i went to the north pole id build a house wear a jacket hunt food and cook it, thus surviving.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Exactly.A polar bear is perfectly adapted for its environment,it wouldnt survive long in the desert..we survive in different environments by using tools to our advantage.And chimps do create tools,simple ones(to us) none the less but tools all the same.Again we are not leagues better,we adapt by creating tools and other animals adapt by other means.. hence the needed high intelligence,couple that with a complex social structure that all primates have.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

It's not the Christians you have to worry about, Skinon. To a Christian, everything is 'artificial' in a way, since God is supposed to have made it.

No, it's us pesky evolutionists you have to worry about. Paleontologists and molecular biologists, mostly. Between them they have Alps of evidence relating us to all other known life on this planet.

Sorry, I couldn't find a simpler discussion of 'molecular evolution' than this Wikipedia page.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
We are not leagues ahead of other animals,we have high levels of intelligence which are needed to create diverse and complex tools,we use tools to survive,without them we would have died out a long time ago.Go live in the North Pole without any tools(that includes clothing) and see how leagues ahead you are compared to other animals adapted to live there.

This is a perfect example of what the OP is saying. If humankind were to have evolved on this planet, then we would be able to exist in our natural state (butt naked) in the far climes of the north, or anywhere that humans currently exist. However, we have not evolved due to environment in any location on this planet. I know the easy answer is that we have only been on this planet a relatively short time, but it still doesn't make any sense.

Every mammal on this planet is able to survive in its natural state, without destroying the environment, except us. (Beaver excluded as it does destroy one ecosystem in favor of another, but it also provides a new ecosystem in the process).

The truth is that the Inuit people have been in the far north a very long time. The have not even begun to grow thick matted hair, nor can they swim in the cold water without dying. The people in the extremely wet climates, or those that are knee deep in water for many generation do not develop webbed feet.

I firmly believe we have been placed here, not so much as a bio-experiment, but perhaps a method to resolve conflicts for many different worlds. Imagine many planets with a variety of people, all warring or such, choosing to populate a little planet in the middle of nowhere, and watching to see us become a united people.

Sure we still have a long way to go to achieve this, but that makes a lot more sense to me than the magical creation theory, or the fallacy of all people evolving at the same rate, within the same time regardless of the influence of environment.

Thanks for reading.
..Ex

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Our relatives in Africa can exist butt naked. The make weapons and tools from the land.
Really, in most of the places we can exist easily all we really need can be provided by tools in the area, the most basic weapons we made were just sticks and stones.

Other wise, we've changed our habitats. We've made artificial ones in the sense of cities and homes.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Exactly what i mean, and yea i also understand that we survive in other climates (africa) butt naked with tools etc etc, and we could concievably live in different regions using animal skins as warmth and protection, but that still means we need something from another creature to survive (not including food) whereas almost every other creature can survive with what they are born with.

So maybe we have (if we have) evolved to be a species that needs to use other creatures and minerals etc to survive, so in my humble opinion i definately think we were placed here by another intelligent lifeform, it seems the most commensense and logical explination, and i mean that by the way ATS is, a community who (mostly) researches real news sources and real scientific theories not a load of bullocks which is spewed forth to us by the controlling media.

It concerns me that alot of people argue about seemingly blatent facts of conspiricies ie 9/11, After reading the facts how can you not realise whats going on? this happens with every theory on this site. I blows my mind why are most of these people even at this site? Well anyway the general population of anything is stupid and im glad to distance myself from any 'general' following. Sorry a bit of a rant but dam it gets me annoyed!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, in truth I was kinda expecting the old "Africa" comment. Although some can survive there in their natural state, it wouldn't be for long. Without changing that environment to suit,(gaining shelter/defensive tools) we as a species would be chewed up or dead by heat in very little time.

I don't believe that the Africa comment dilutes my position much, as if one were to think about it, the ability for us to be able to survive for a short time on that continent may have been the deciding factor for this planet to be a good choice. There is only a relatively thin band around the equator where we as a species can exist semi naturally, is it not surprising that a huge percent of the population doesn't live there?

When you consider the diversity of people in the world, and the number of 'races', it becomes appearant that we as a species didn't all spring forth from Africa. (we might have landed there, but certainly didn't evolve from there.) I am aware that this is the evolutionists location of choice, but the differences of each race of people on this planet is far to diverse for us to have come from a single source.

I have to agree, that I too have been suprised at the huge number of debunkers on this site. Some have good alternative arguments, but many just spew the same "I didn't meet them so they don't exist" rhetoric. It is often like talking to a wall with some, as no amount of empirical data will dissuade some from taking the official stance. Once in a while we run accross a member that has good contributing information, and perhaps that's the best we can hope for. if that is the case, then at least we have an opportunity to meet those few.

Thanks for reading.
..Ex

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkinonWe need something from another creature to survive (not including food) whereas almost every other creature can survive with what they are born with.

Unlike hermit crabs, that use other animals' shells to live in?

Unlike weaver ants, who kidnap the larvae of another kind of insect to make them weave nests for them?

Unlike pilot fish, which rely on sharks to lead them to food?

Unlike the many species of fish that depend on another kind of fish, the cleaner wrasse, to keep them free of parasites?

Unlike parasites such as T. gondi, which manipulates the behavior of one of its host species, mice, to ensure that they are caught and eaten by its other host, cats?

Unlike viruses that need to hijack another living cell in order to reproduce?

Have you never heard of parasitism, of scavenging, symbiosis?

Think of all the creatures that make their home in coral (another kind of animal, if you didn't know already).

You failed to reply to the point in my previous post about the vast mountains of palaeontological and genetic evidence relating us to other species on this planet. But if you can't deal with that evidence you'll never convince anybody of your theory.

It concerns me that alot of people argue about seemingly blatent facts of conspiricies ie 9/11, After reading the facts how can you not realise whats going on?

Maybe the 'facts' aren't really as blatant as you think they are. Maybe they aren't even facts (I mean, look at this thread!) Who knows, maybe it isn't even us - whoever you referred to as 'you' in the above sentence) who have failed to realize what's going on.

[edit on 25/3/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Unlike hermit crabs, that use other animals' shells to live in?

Why wouldn't they evolve with their own protection? Or is it intelligence?

Unlike weaver ants, who kidnap the larvae of another kind of insect to make them weave nests for them?

Did they evolve to do this? Or is it intelligence?

Unlike pilot fish, which rely on sharks to lead them to food?

Did they evolve to do this? Or is it intelligence?

Unlike the many species of fish that depend on another kind of fish, the cleaner wrasse, to keep them free of parasites?

Again, did they evolve to do this? Why? Or is it intelligence?

Unlike parasites such as T. gondi, which manipulates the behavior of one of its host species, mice, to ensure that they are caught and eaten by its other host, cats?

Did they evolve to do this? Why? Or is it intelligence?

Unlike viruses that need to hijack another living cell in order to reproduce?

Did they evolve to do this? How? Or is it intelligence?

The difference you seem to be missing is that we use Intelligence to conquer our environment, not evolution, or if evolution was a factor, it failed miserably.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I agree with Astyanax, there is mountains of evidence which is continually obfuscated by religious groups and even some scientific factions. Mainstream media also has a big part to play in it, of course.

Research the similarities between the human and chimp chromosomes. It seems we did indeed share a common ancestor.........

I am still sitting on the fence, but my feet are dangling over the evolution side.

Remember, if extraterrestrials could set up a 'human experiment' they most likely would have EVOLVED to their highly intelligent status, or where they also an experiment???

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vehemes terra eternus

O yea i fully agree with the evolution theory, but im sayin we are just way more advanced like maybe we were put here in a certain state (as apes or earlier maybe?) from which we have evolved continuously, it just doesn;t seem like we fit in on this crazy planet

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh and by the way this my 100th post

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Skinon]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Nice I am up to 175, you need 200 to get into the chat rooms.

You are correct, the twisted version of humanity that the bankstas have manufactured does make people feel alienated from the planet they most likely evolved on.

If things were different and we used the amazing technologies we have constructively I am sure that a sustainable environment "where human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" would be very possible..........

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Or is it intelligence?

You tell me. You mean you believe individual ants have intelligence? Bloodstream flukes? Viruses? Do you really consider such a thing likely? Could you explain why?

The difference you seem to be missing is that we use Intelligence to conquer our environment, not evolution, or if evolution was a factor, it failed miserably.

I really haven't the faintest idea what you mean. Have you?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
You tell me. You mean you believe individual ants have intelligence? Bloodstream flukes? Viruses? Do you really consider such a thing likely? Could you explain why?

Why do they do the things they do? Explain what is directing them. Instinct? Explain instinct. DNA? Explain how DNA provides this info.

I really haven't the faintest idea what you mean. Have you?

Yes I know exactly what I mean. I'm talking about knowledge. Where do species/organisms/virii get the knowledge to survive? Is it simple instinct? Is it coded in their DNA? Where do you think it comes from? Trial and Error?

[edit on 26-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

So you think our ancestors were dropped here on earth by a passing spaceship. Like a bad person would dump a litter of kittens in a dumpster?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.A.C.
Why do they do the things they do?

Because they do.

Explain what is directing them.

The environment.

Instinct? Explain instinct.

Instinct is the inherent disposition of a living organism toward a particular behavior - Wikipedia

Explain how DNA provides this info.

What info?

Where do species/organisms/virii get the knowledge to survive?

Organisms need knowledge to survive? Where ever did you get that idea?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join