It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dolphins & the mystery of the Silver Rings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The young dolphin gives a quick flip of her head, and an undulating silver ring appears--as if by magic--in front of her. The ring is a solid, toroidal bubble two feet across--and yet it does not rise to the surface! It stands erect in the water like the rim of a magic mirror, or the doorway to an unseen dimension. For long seconds the dolphin regards its creation, from varying aspects and angles, with its vision and sonar. Seemingly making a judgement, the dolphin then quickly pulls a small silver donut from the larger structure, which collapses into small bubbles. She then "pushes" the donut, which stays just inches ahead of her rostrum, perhaps 20 feet over a period of up to 10 seconds. Then, stopping again, she regards the twisting ring for a last time and bites it--causing it to collapse into a thousand tiny bubbles which head--as they should--for the water's surface. After a few moments of reflection, she creates another.

Link

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
sweet!

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm a romantic. I like dolphins. They are cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wish I had echolocation!

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think dolphins have a greater intelligence than we think. And perhaps more weird abilities...

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
greater intelligence then we think? We already know they are on par with us, sentient and everything, just dont have civilization and technology and all that because it's not really nessacery with them

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Great article, UP!

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Great article, UP!

Thanks Byrd.

The dolphins are sensitives and intelligents.They don't do war, when they can help us, they do it. They like to play...I like them, really.

So, when I found this site, I knew that I had to post it on ATS.

If you ( or someone else ) have something about them, just post it, I'll be happy to read what you post.

new topics

top topics

join