It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It's becoming obvious that there is going to be a higher turnover of players than was originally anticipated. We can look at this as a positive factor in that the crews change rapidly, bringing onboard fresh ideas- OR it can be seen as a negative in that it breaks up the flow being generated by those who have put a lot of work into solidifying a group mentality on the vessels.

One thing seems to stand out for me here... we need to adapt to change. I've had a couple of busy (out of town) days and got totally lost on what was happening to whom. For the mix-ups, I apologize.

Sky... thanks for all you have done. I'm not going to 'kill you off' in the main thread and, instead, ask Captain loam to re-assign you to another mission.

On anyone else feeling that they need to take a break... just do it. The story will always be here should you jump back in. There's no pressure to post because it should remain a pass-time dedicated to enjoyment only. If posters go quiet for a time, it's not a problem at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
... Challenge to Writers ...

You’re on the command deck, or maybe in your quarters, it doesn’t matter... But gazing out the *view ports into Space - What do you see out there?

So far we’ve got 2 jpg.s and a couple a gifs. and this --->

He collapsed onto a couch near the viewport and stared out into the void. Tears flowed freely down his face.

Void.

One word in all the writings we’ve done and all I can find (unless I missed it) is one word for the *biggest* character in the whole Opera.

Nature? What about you?

Someone! Give us some Space please...

Happy Writing

*Thank you Luder for *view ports* and the *Void*.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I also appreciate the view port because I really struggled with calling it a window, I hated doing it but felt pressured to respond, hence thanks masqua for the clarification on not posting constantly, although I am aparently addicted to this thread and can never get back to it quick enough.

When I look out the view ports I see a cascading infinity of stars and planets as we whisk by they remind me of driving at night in a heavy snowshower.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good point... the void IS the main component in this story.

I think of the visible universe as mostly empty space dotted with 'Light Matter' (stars, galaxies, dust clouds), Dark Matter (25% of all there is and called anti-matter) and Dark Energy (undetectable. but still there and spread evenly throughout the universe).

That's a heady thought!

When we actually DO man starships which can traverse time and space easily, then Dark Matter and Dark Energy are going to play a major role.

What we need to do is find out the latest information and apply that to the story line. What happens if we jump a shp into an area where Dark Matter prevails?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm struggling with it Antar.

I can't wait to see yours posted in the Opera!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I got the Orion Nebula covered, just working it into the story. I've got a series of 5 pictures to give a good idea of what we're dealing with.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One more thing, I want us to keep up the momentum until we get to Captain Cadbury, also cindy mars wants to join in any idea of how we pick her up? She could be on her last breath in a space capsule and we rescue her or she could be with Captain Cadbury?
Anyway the story will continue and if people need a break it would be courteous if they at least stated it here, that way we are not waiting on their interaction for a next post.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Star Trek uses beams to get around. Why not the Yydryl?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have all my character ready to go but after reading the story up to this point...Im unsure.

Here's my plan she is an Acturian Dimensional Time Space Traveler and the Captian is the only one who knows what she does. She does not really need a ship to travel however to keep her cover need to show up in a conventional manner ie a shuttle or something. I was considering boarding as the bartender but it seems there is no one on the ship to go to the bar. LOL

As Whisper just mentioned. I also thought of contacting Antar on a secrecured channel or telepathically speaking to her and filling her in but unsure if the Cadbury would choose that she revel herself to Antar. Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

While on the observation deck we could observe a small craft coming to us from near the Betelgeuss system. We think its the rebels come to negotiate but it ends up being cindymars come with a warning... don't say Betelgeuss three times in a row!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Hmmm all good but what warning. Every character has an agenda for being on this ship right?
Mine is only known to me (until ofcourse I tell the readers, including you guys) not even the Cadbury knows my reason but he has a reason for me.
Maybe I will just jump in and we will take it from there .

Calamari anyone?
I like mine with a bit of lemon and cocktail sauce.

We need some back story like a bible.
Who are the Betelguisians?
What is there character, agenda, history?

I want to come on as the bartender/holo room operator. LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
scurvy is a man-slut.... that is all :p lol

actually, I'm really enjoying the yydyrl side of this thus far, can't wait for the connection of the two stories, this is turning out to be pretty exciting.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hi Again,

It really helps me to have a *visual* of my character - Problem is I can’t draw dirt.

I’ve looked all over the Internet to find a Creature/Alien Generator - or the such.

So far all I’ve found is:

Hero Machine

Fabricade Heros

Create Your Own Superhero

Hero Machine came closest to what I was looking for but still isn’t *it*.

Are any of you familiar with any other sites out there that might fill in the blanks Hero Machine Left out?

Thanks in Advance!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
[Calamari anyone?
I like mine with a bit of lemon and cocktail sauce.

I want to come on as the bartender/holo room operator. LOL

Yum!! I *love* calamri! Coolies, you could be like Guinon on star trek next gen. Have an omnipotent quality...

Whisper likes any reason to visit the bar. Just make sure you have the finest Betelgeuse wine! And Betelgeuse Bomber shots.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Haha the warning was a reference to the movie "Beetlejuice", I pronounce Betelgeuss as Beetlejuice... in the movie if you say Beetlejuice three times he is summoned to you... sorry my sense of humour is lame

I love calamari... does that make me a cannibal?
FYI my tendrils are not for eating!

whiterabbit85: Thanks
Pirates are natural womanizers hehe.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
scurvy is a man-slut.... that is all :p lol

Whisper eyes the tastey human. Mmmm human jerky!

"You were saying?"

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Whoa Whisper, Nice Avatar!

*shudders*

More tentacles!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you Silo!

All the better to taunt your nightmares...

]:>

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Oh I got the reference to the movie.
I just wanted background on Betleguise regarding our story.

OK wont snack on your appendages.

Whisper might however!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

On anyone else feeling that they need to take a break... just do it. The story will always be here should you jump back in. There's no pressure to post because it should remain a pass-time dedicated to enjoyment only. If posters go quiet for a time, it's not a problem at all.

Thank you, Nature! How does one prostrate one's self before Nature on a computer?

Things are accelerating a bit here, but I'll still keep up as best I can. Good practice for multi-tasking, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join