It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It honestly makes me wonder at times...if somewhere out there...in another time...another dimension...another 'space'...there is the 'Hermaphrodite in Red' BIAD, the gunslinger Neno, a blond haired Darling Dag and a lilac haired Silo...and our lovely CHUMLEY who I just want to run up and get a hug from someday and give him a good pinch on his cheek!

Sheesh. We're twins.
lol
I think about them constantly...awake, asleep, dozing, etc. First thing I wake up I think, okay, what are they all up to now? THEN I think, okay, are Silo and BIAD up and about? This morning I was counting hours...I woke at 3 local. ...ok for BIAD its 7, he's at work...for Silo 8, is she up yet?.....I'll just go back to sleep to give them time to work their magic...

And yeah, I have wondered WHAT powers in some other dimension brought you and I here together -- strangely, via a missing baby -- it's just too serendipitous to credit it all to chance.
*spooky Mists of Avalon tune while someone is reading about the history of the Bene Gesserit and the Jesus Incident*
edit on 10-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Open up to the process, go with it, drop the need to 'know' and see what happens. You'll love it. But then you already know that!

hugs

Oh, yeah, trust me, I know that!! It's wonderful!!
ANd yeah, I get that ooooo-aaaaa-woooo feeling frequently. No question in my mind the four of us were "searching" for each other in some place and time in the universe.

I LOVE it!!!
HUGS RECIPROCATED!!
with qualifying somber-but-gentle reprimand -- DO NOT burn down your house or disappear, Silo. Take care of yourself....please....
Affectionately yours,
Darling ("Dag")
(heh, yeah, I loved that little surprise, too!!)

edit on 10-11-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The First Meeting Of The Brothers...

The Second Time..

edit on 10-11-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Yes, I started reading there, Silo had fwd to me...that's the starting point for me...then I read back to get a grasp on the other current characters...

where in the first linky is the meeting of the brothers?? What brothers? It was the first meeting of Dag and Adam...right? What'd I miss???

onto next linky....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

okay, read the second one...Neno and BIAD.

You lost me, dude. Neno and BIAD get acquainted.
Adam and Dag get acquainted.

I don't see the connection between the brothers (if Death and BIAD are who you mean) and was it Adam who doctored Neno in linky 2?

Where's the post that its reminding the reader of?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Death relates Neno's attributes...

(about halfway down and near the bottom)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hey, okay, I'm to where the Bethlehem Beam has just startled Neno et al...
and it occurs to me that your previous two links were meant to be starting points of the pages....

I am now being sequestered for a timely game of Monopoly while the kreosote log burns out the gunk in the chimbley, and therefore I will have to beg your pardon while such task is completed to the boss's satisfaction. (Well, not really the "boss", just...the one who pays the bills...)

I admit I had skimmed much of the story after Adam met Dag, in a sort of cliff's-notes manner, thinking I would go back later and read the "unrelated" sections. I see that I don't get off that easily -- and wll have to actually *cough* read the text itself. In its entirety, and with care.

When I return, I will resume....and then be prepared for Darling's role in this celestial, or, erm....diabolical...or, erm, metafizz --- well, whatever...
you crack me up.
ALL of you.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Don't ask me why Muckles 'killed' Skinny. I don't know.
Just filling time and wondering how it will turn out - what she's up to.

Happy Friday All!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Aloha, all...
Okay, Muckles is on her way to The Center, carpet has retrieved the Flute, Squibs has Skinny in the Armory, and Dag and Chumley are ready to head out. Carpet is awaiting them outside the passageway door...but, are they going to use the back way to The Center and leave him there? Or will they exit into the hall and find him??

I'm literally on the edge of my seat.....

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm thinking Silo needs to get Ship moving towards the Tower. She's mostly better now, and can be en route while the rest are sterilizing her innards and killing zombies. That kills two story birds with one stone, and ought to get us back before neno gets himself killed screwin' around with the Dark Lord.

Neno and BIAD are likely to get taken prisoner in the confrontation somehow. It's an embarrassing thing for neno, but can't be helped. Got to buy time until the rest can get there so we can help wurchudders defeat the Dark One.

Yydryl has to be there, or else she'll recall the "new" history rather than the old one. Since she's bigger and more powerful, she ought to be able to make better time than the Sprint alone (it's like racing an eight-banger against a golf cart), and has already been uploaded the particulars of how to get there from the Sprint, so there's nothing to stop it.

Once in orbit around Carbiox, she'll need to "hide" maybe behind one of the moons like she did in the Battle of the Buzzards, to keep the Dark Lord from trying to co-opt her power supply, and the Sprint can do shuttle duty to take our intrepid heros back to the surface.

Muckles is in a precarious spot - evil one instant, one of the good guys the next. No one but Muckles knows the reason she dismantled Skinny, and everyone seems to either be perplexed or thinks she's gone over to the Dark Side.

It makes sense that Carpet could repair Adam by working biologically on his biological systems, but is at a loss fixing the mechanical systems of Skinny. A trip to the Shop seems to me to be just the thing the doctor ordred for Skinny.

ETA: Daz Studio 4 - it looked like a good idea on paper, something less than that in the implementation. I've been tinkering with it since release around July, and not made much headway. They just released Victoria 5, and although the images the Daz team have created look fairly good, Vickie 5 just doesn't want to behave properly in the program. What I usually get is a bunch of "files not found" and an invisible mannequin to work on, which of course can't be worked on at all if she's invisible. I think I'm scrapping that whole project and going back to Daz 3 and Victoria 4. Sure, it's supposed to be a lot less versatile, but from where I stand some results that one can see are far and away better than any results that can't be seen at all.

Can't use Vickie 4 in Daz 4 at all - the new "content management" module can't find anything that isn't a Daz4/Genesis product, and Daz 4 is a headache on a near impossible learning curve any how. Way too much work for no results.

Getting Victoria 5 is like paying 40 bucks to have your machine haunted by an invisible ghost.

maybe they'll get it right in a few years....

edit on 2011/11/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Heh Neno... I think I found a video of our Silo character!

Take a look.
Silo And The Ninjas.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yup. Looks like her to me! Silo can WHUP some ninjas!

Homeboy might want to consider not hanging out where he'll get cotched by ninjas - looks like they got him at least 3 times!

Stupid ninjas.

Now ain't it odd how unconcerned he looks with that stupid grin, even when he's beat all to flinders and the ninjas are about to light him up with the Three Man Electrical Bedspring Band? I HATE when that happens!

Stupid homeboy.

But Silo? She can WHUP some ninjas!

OMG - what if they run into Zombie Ninjas in the Center? Not to worry - Silo is along to save Ernie's old butt. I think I just gave myself a new nightmare - Zombie Ninjas,,,,

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

ETA: Daz Studio 4 - it looked like a good idea on paper, something less than that in the implementation. I've been tinkering with it since release around July, and not made much headway. They just released Victoria 5, and although the images the Daz team have created look fairly good, Vickie 5 just doesn't want to behave properly in the program. What I usually get is a bunch of "files not found" and an invisible mannequin to work on, which of course can't be worked on at all if she's invisible. I think I'm scrapping that whole project and going back to Daz 3 and Victoria 4. Sure, it's supposed to be a lot less versatile, but from where I stand some results that one can see are far and away better than any results that can't be seen at all.

Can't use Vickie 4 in Daz 4 at all - the new "content management" module can't find anything that isn't a Daz4/Genesis product, and Daz 4 is a headache on a near impossible learning curve any how. Way too much work for no results.

Huh??
Lost again.....*hands into opposite armpits*....thinking: But, but, Silo and I are buds! I can do that stuff too! Am I being chucked out???

*sighs sadly*

What's Daz??

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ain't she something?? I just LOVE her!!!
She taught me everything I know.....
uh, where'd she go?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Huh??
Lost again.....*hands into opposite armpits*....thinking: But, but, Silo and I are buds! I can do that stuff too! Am I being chucked out???

*sighs sadly*

What's Daz??

Daz is the software I used to make the neno slays a dragon picture. I tried to make pictures for BIAD and Silo with it, but with somewhat less success.

It's a 3D rendering program, and poses 3d models of people, then takes pictures of them. Victoria is one of those people. She's got 5 incarnations now, so "Vickie 5" is the latest version of Victoria that only works with the new Daz Studio 4. My experience so far indicate that contrary to the advertisements and claims by the company, Daz 4 and Victoria 5 are the most useless things to happen to 3D software in several centuries, and may in fact drive the human race all the way back to the Stone age of computer rendering.

Your mileage may vary. I might be more interested in learning the new software if I could get Victoria to be less bashful, and actually appear on the screen!

naw, you ain't being chucked out - you can spank some ninja zombies with swords, too!

ETA: Daz does stuff like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f49a3bb70dc.jpg[/atsimg]

That sword there, by the way, is The Caliburn.

and if you're really not sure what you're doing, it does stuff like this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3caede345e22.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dagnabbit!

The zombies are spreading out - we might have to hunt them down one at a time! Its so much easier to commit zombicide (hat tip to wildtimes for that term!) when they're all bunched up in a herd!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This video would have made good mood music to put at the top of the "neno vs, the antechamber guards" post - wish I'd have thought of it then!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
BIAD - Love the video - Awesome that. Cool tune too!

Neno - Yeah, Silo asked Chumley to program the coordinates from the Sprints memory banks into the Yydryl manually. Since we're less a navigator Silo asked him to do it before he went back to the Center.

Wild - Poor Carpet! He had to climb into bed with that...thing. Ewwww! He'll need simonizing! But we'll stay away from him with the wax-buffer, lol!

*Back to read the new posts over again and figure where to go from here*

OH - Were did that poncho get to? Is it still in Silo's quarters? *Goes to take a peak*...

edit on 12-11-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Merci Ma'am... I like it too.
The poncho:
I think Wilds left it in your quarters when Muckles stepped out
and made her way to find The Flute.
She now seems to be wanting The Splitter back, too.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

She now seems to be wanting The Splitter back, too.

Yip!

I seem to remember you looking forward to Ernie/Ben meeting up with Muckles.

I'm in the middle of editing a post where Chumley remembers what Silo asked him to do - get the coordinates from the Splitter programmed into Ship and getting her big guns ready.

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join