It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Studious?
How you feeling?

You want me to wait to post?

I'd like to know what you want to do with yourself aboard before I go too far.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Studious?
How you feeling?

You want me to wait to post?

I'd like to know what you want to do with yourself aboard before I go too far.

I'm feeling much better now.

However I'm still a little confused about where we stand on what happened to Studious though. So let me make sure I've got this right before we post further.

Is this what happened?....

Silo approaches the door and opens it seeing what she believes is Studious but it's actually the shapeshifter. Source

Then what appears to be Studious (but is really the shapeshifter) disappears. Source

Then Deson arrives and talks to Silo and they discover that what appeared to be Studious was actually the shapeshifter. Source

Is that right?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Studious]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Yes.
So you escaped your cabin and are out and about - either for good or evil, lol.

Sorry again. I made a mistake in my posts and tried to make up for it by seeing the shapeshifter instead of you.

I hope it adds to your story line - it should - I mean at least you're not the only one seeing the shapeshifter now...

So, I'm on my way to the bridge where Cim is waiting.

What I need to know is your plans for the Yydryl.

Are you going to be staying?

Going back to the Penelope?

Or something all together different?

I ask because I'm not sure how to proceed without direction from you and I don't want to mess up again.

Thanks tons and I'm glad you're feeling better!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for clearing that up. I just wanted to make sure because I'm going to write a post about it, from Studious' perspective, and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't mess things up.

As for the direction Studious will take I have two paths I might go down. I've sent a U2U which describes these paths in greater detail.

I think I have good ideas for both of those two directions Studious could go down.

EDIT:

Here is the updated version of what my next post will look like. I'm posting it here first so we can fix any errors it may have.

Studious: “Away put your weapon I mean you no harm.”

Shapeshifter: “If you want to survive you’ll help me.”

The Shapeshifter noticed Studious was holding his cane and moved to take it away from him. The old man pulled his cane away saying “Mine, or I will help you not.”

The droid then deployed a robotic arm and grabbed onto the turret.

The old man began to beat the droid saying “Mine…Mine…Mine!”

Shapeshifter: “If you won’t relinquish your weapon…”

He then moved closer and assumed a fighting stance saying “…are you prepared to fight?”

Studious: “Of course, ....my shirt is....pre ripped.”

Shapeshifter: “Are you prepared to die?”

Studious: “Today seems like....an ok....day to die.”

The Shapeshifter walks toward him slowly and tries to strike the Colonel with his left hand.

The old man ducks and hits the Shapeshifter in the back with both hands.

The assailant then tries to strike Studious with his right hand.

The old man ducks again but this time “karate chops” the assailant in the neck.

The assailant lumbers forward but even the old man is able to outrun him and he passes through the passageway that the droid and Shapeshifter had entered from. The droid moves to follow him but Studious is able to hide and it passes him by.

The old man is hidden close to the guest quarters and hears the door to the hall open. He looks into the room and sees the Shapeshifter change into Studious’ form, torn shirt and all.

The old man stands shocked seeing what looks like a mirror image of himself. The only noticeable difference between it and him was the cane.

The door to the room closes and the Shapeshifter changes shape again and calls for the droid to return. Studious hides in the shadows as the droid passes by again this time heading back toward the guest quarters.

Shapeshifter: “Did you find him.”

Droid: “No, but he entered the passageway. He must still be there.”

Shapeshifter: “Guard the door.”

Droid: “What if someone asks where he went.”

Shapeshifter: “Tell them he’s….gone."

Hearing this Studious takes off running through the maze of corridors. As he runs a door automatically opens as he passes near it. Cautiously he moves towards it again and passes through it into a small dark room.

In the dark room he finds a bed and wires, a machine of some sort. The bed is several feet lower than the edges of the room and a few stairs connect this raised area to the lower part of the room.

Then Studious turns and sees the figure appear behind him.

SS: “You have fought well.”

Studious: “Thank you....I....do all of my own stunts.”

The Shapeshifter picks Studious up and throws him over the bed in the room knocking over a few glass objects.

Studious gets up and approaches his attacker raising his cane. The Shapeshifter’s gun again transforms into a sword and he raises it as well.

Studious advances several times but the Shapeshifter retreats.

They then engage in a short duel.

SS: “You have learned much old man.”

Studious: “You’ll find I’m still full of surprises.”

The SS locks sabers with the old man and spins his sword. Studious grip on his cane fails and it goes flying.

The old man moves toward the short stairs in the dark room but without his cane he trips and falls down.

The Shapeshifter moves in quickly and places his sword near the old man’s face.

SS: “You are beaten, it is useless to resist. Don’t let yourself be destroyed as you did last time.

Studious eyes his cane.

SS: “There is no escape. Don’t make me destroy you.”

Studious eyes the room for an escape route.

SS: “They are coming for us…..both of us. Join me, with our combined strength we’ll be able to survive.”

Studious: “I’ll never join you!”

SS: “If you only knew the power that the shadow’s wield. They never told you what happened to your wife.”

Studious: “I knew enough, they didn’t need to tell me.”

SS: “No, I am your…”

Studious: “NO, NO! That’s not true, that’s impossible!”

Confused the Shapeshifter speaks again “No, I am your only link to the truth.”

Studious pulls his hand up into his sleeve, covering it, and then wipes his forehead with it while giving a sigh of relief.

Shapeshifter: “Studious, you can destroy those who did this. It is your destiny. Join me and together we can avenge those we’ve lost.”

Studious looks at the Shapeshifter’s outstretched hand.

Shapeshifter: “Come with me it is the only way…”

The fight over the cane in the beginning is based off of Yoda and R2D2 fighting.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Studious]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
So Studious, does that mean you're leaving with the SS?

I need to get to the bridge - where I'm headed - and join up with CindyMars there.

If you're gone - then we'll find you gone.

If not - then you've got to let me know - please - if you're intending to join us on deck or not.

thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm having Studious stay with the Shapeshifter on Ship. So he's not leaving Ship but he has "disappeared" from the crew.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Studious]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ok, so in other words when we go to *look* for you, we're not going to find you?

What about the earth thing we talked about?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
CindyMars -

Ok, so, where do you want to go from here?

If you and I are on the bridge, (I'm almost there) we've got to make a decision to make about how we're going to respond to the Penelope about Studious...

Lemme know hun!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This is my thoughts.
I think SHIP should manifest her human looking form. She should talk to and work with Seeker maybe offering him the same benefit.

I just want off that ship so I can write without having to wait endlessly for others.

Nobody from the Penelope has even spoken to us. I am getting the feeling they don't like us too much.

Whatever, I just want off the ship.

Maybe we can blowtorch the cacoons, that might be fun.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm back after much work and fresh air! Will be posting a new section in the next day or so.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Watching *Star Trek* - The newest one.

Funny that - the only one I've ever seen, so, I have the advantage (?) that I get to *see it all* from the beginning.

Amazing stuff so far this movie - epic.

Speaking of Epics...

Where's the Space Opera going???

Anyone from the Penelope going to answer the Yydryl?

Studious? You still there? (Well here, on the Yydryl)???

peace

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Anyone from the Penelope going to answer the Yydryl?

I noticed Prof-Rabbit was here recently, perhaps he will respond to the Yydryl. Other than that it has been awfully quiet on the Penelope recently.

Seeker? Neno? Mr Toodles? Are you all still around?

Studious? You still there? (Well here, on the Yydryl)???

Yes Studious is still on the Yydryl.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Studious]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Cool!

And your next move is what Studious?

(I'm getting quite pumped watching this Star Trek flick - lol)

(Spock: 'I am now a member of an endangered species'...)

[edit on 27-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I am here. My apologies. I will be making a post tonight

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Hi Hi - glad you didn't go th eroad of the flue too.

Ok, question about your post.

You talk of Seeker.

The Yydryl has no idea who *Seeker* is. Is there a way you can make that clearer to the Yydryl?

Also, what's your intention of having *access* to the Yydryl core?

I can pretty much bet you, that isn't going to happen without a fight.

Just sayin.

Officer Mars is already mightily po'd over the Penelope's involvement in the destruction of Earth soooo this aint gonna be pretty.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I assumed as much. I will edit the post to be clearer. The purpose is to cross reference our data with anything the Yydryl might have. And any new data that we have, will be given to Yydryl.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I am not going to be difficult with the Penelope. I want to work together with them as quickly as possible, so I can leave the ship.

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
man the opera is uber slow. I hope a new post is up soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

So are we waiting on some of the crew from the Penelope or you want me to answer your post and get it moving along?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I guess go ahead and answer. Last time I posted, my post was the newest one for a week. Might not get anyone else to post before you respond lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join