It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Hi ya BadgerBritches.
I’ve only got Photoshop 6 (I thought it was 7) but I’ll look for the equivalent of the ‘negative fisheye lens distortion on a low strength’ and try!
Thank you tons!

I found this tute.
I dunno if it will work but I will try!
Thanks again.

www.marcofolio.net...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Thank you Studious.
Hi ya badgerbutt!
How's everything?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Post is up. Ball in the other court now. Yeah, I couldn't resist a little "Dirty Harry" but I felt that it was appropriate. (chuckle)

edit to add:
Thank you Studious for the recap. That will make things much easier.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Hey Deson great post. Better watch out being all macho like that will REALLY turn Silo on.

Wee suggestion. Don't explain your edit, it's distracting, like breaking the imaginary 3rd wall in theater. Also edit again and delete the extra edited
lines.

Example I caould delete all these and there would only be the one, no matter how many times you edit.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Deson

Hey Deson great post. Better watch out being all macho like that will REALLY turn Silo on.

Wee suggestion. Don't explain your edit, it's distracting, like breaking the imaginary 3rd wall in theater. Also edit again and delete the extra edited
lines.

Example I caould delete all these and there would only be the one, no matter how many times you edit.

Done on the minimal edit. Thanks for the tip. I'm very new at this and never have been in a collaborative writing situation before. Come to think of it, not much writing at all really.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

No criticism of your writing it was awesome.

Really I have not written much either.

Your a welcome addition. Hope you didn't mind the suggestion?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Hi ya badgerbutt!
How's everything?

Hey there sweet tarts.
Everythings just peakin freachy.

Badgers butt is (temporarily I hope) shaped like an economy class airline seat from having it in one for 24 hours.

Did you know that a baby sitting directly behind you on a plane has the ability to cry, crap and projectile vomit simultaneously and nonstop for hours at a time. Those little guys have got stamina I tell ya.

Other than that I'm ok. The big vein in my forhead is starting to go down, my fourth shower got rid of the baby puke smell and my eyes don't make me look like a hop head in a hooka smoking contest any more.

The job went poorly but it wasn't due to me. I was just caught up in the mess with the rest of them. I get to go to India the last week of the month to finish it up and train the operators for a few weeks. The boat is sailing that way now.

I didn't do any sightseeing or any fun type stuff because it was all work but the next to last night I did go with a few other guys to a place that is famous in Singapore. Turns out it is a shopping mall with a bunch of bars that support a major portion of the not quite legal but definitely overlooked prostitution in that country. Not to worry, I didn't participate I'm an unattatched, under sexed, over the hill grouch, but I still have my money.
Ha you thought I was going to say pride.
Actually, I don't really have any money either.

To tell the truth, when there are a few hundred prostitutes staring at you like you're a member of congress on a lobby junket, it's a bit disconcerting. It reminded me of going to the animal shelter. They all just look a little desperate and sad. "Pick me! Pick Me!" It was depressing. I had to get out of there.

I actually had planned on getting drunk so after the rest of the guys had a direction to go in and something to do (no pun intended), I left and went to a bar near my hotel. I paid for the cab in advance and proceeded to get quite drunk. I haven't done that in years. I apparently am incredibly funny and quite charming when I'm inebriated beyond belief. I did have a lot of fun. In everyday life I'm just reliable and a bit eccentric. I like the funny /charming thing better but can't deal with the hangover so I only tie one on once in a very long while.

I'm back at the house now and it's just another day. Paperwork and catching up on bills. I'll be back to writing soon.

Hope you are all good.

Badgerbutt

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Your snippet of a travel log above was pretty funny!
Welcome home.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Didn't mind the tip at all. Whatever I can learn to improve my writing skills is fine with me.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Before I run off to read new posts I wanted you to know I asked Masqua to make those changed you pointed out to me and it's done.
Thanks ton for the heads up I really appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The sung lines are from "Strolling Through The Park One Day"

Video that has all the lines

Changed lines are in parentheses.

While strolling through the park one day,

In the merry merry month of May;
(In the middle of this giant Bay; )

I was taken by surprise,
By a pair of roguish eyes,

In a moment my poor heart was stole away.
(In a moment my poor heart was in dismay.)

A smile was all she gave to me.
(A choice was all they gave to me.)

-
(He whistled the instrumental portion.)

Of course we were as happy as can be,
(Of course we were as hostile as can be,)

-
(He whistled again looking around trying to find something he could use.)

Ah! I immediately raised my hat,
(Ah! I immediately lowered my gun.)

And finally she remarked;
(And finally they did too; )

I never shall forget,
That lovely afternoon,

I met her at the fountain in the park.
(I met you at the fountain in the park.)

The leaning motion I picture Studious doing would look something like this. Except the hand holding the briefcase would be hidden behind his leg and would be gripping the knife.

I imagine jumping "sideways" through the hole in the wall would looks something like the scene in the movie "The Hunted" between 8:30-8:46 of the video linked to below. (That's where I got the idea.)

Clip from "The Hunted"

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Studious, is there any reason for the black square in the middle of your post? Or at least that's how I see it.

Reading your post and I'll figure out what to do next.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

You see it too!

I thought I was just going nuts.

I believe it's some kind of error but I'm not sure what's causing it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

EDIT: It seems to be gone now but I'm not sure what happened to it.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Can we get someone to join the Yydryl that looks and talks like this guy.
I’ve still got the woo-hoo going for him.
What a man.

On the other hand I kind of picture Deson like Leonard...only with a pony stuck on his...
Anyway...

I just am desperately looking for some way I can include this video into the thread and keep it on topic.

By the way...Deson...Can you sing???

[edit on 5-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
HELLO!!!!! Not one post allday!
I am lonley.
Why is nobody posting?

I know you will start posting as soon as I go home from work.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hey, I haven't heard anything from any Penny crew members on the story thread in quite a while now, at least the Yydryl is up and running.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

What's up with that?
They are online at ATS.
I wonder if they burnt out on the Opera?
Eventually it will be just me and Silo and NPC....

I am joking. I guess because I have nothing better to do at work, I have plenty of time.
I have sort of existed in this story since I stsrted like another life.
Weird really!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Sorry bout that guys, I'm online but working on expenses for work. I'm on page 23 of 44 and have three different currencies to deal with as well as cash, credit, exchange and so forth. Probably got another day before I'm free to play.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

In my case things have been insane (in any one of several ways) here at the home front. Besides, I'm only good for one post per day max if I want to put my best effort into it and to be honest, I'd rather do my best than crank out bad posts. Hopefully things should mellow out a bit over here shortly.

Edit to add. New post is up. Hope that it meets with your approval.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Deson and Studious - I sent you both a copy of my rough outline for my next post.
I’ll wait for your approval(s) to post.
I left it all open so you two could take it from there...

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join