It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

Hurry back and have a great summer, hey how about someone sees him with the Mosean slea white whitch like Captain Handsome um Loam? We could have a dimensional riff onboard threatning us all or something, this way when his time eases up he can step back in without a proble and one heck of a tale to tell?

It would have to be Whisper because then she is forced to deal qwith letting her self fall in love and now he is gone, bitter sweet.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Alright ladies and gents.

I've woken Neno up.

If that's okay w/ him of course.

I have also effectively removed Luder for a temporary period (approx. 10 days real time due to a mission).

I will return, believe you me.

Enjoy my longest post ever and I'll see you guys "officially" soon.

As a side note - if it seems my status is online a lot it is because I never log out - lol. So - sometimes I appear online and I'm really not.

Luder signing out.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
HOLY MOLY! no motion at all in the story thread for a good while, then whilst I was typing up my wakeup post, BLAM! a bona fide flurry of 'em!

I'm gone to read 'em now, and see what I gotta change.

*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I did CRACK UP at your on spot decission to make us all the captain until someone else steps in to fill the position. That was brilliant and very funny.

Ahh! You recognize the brilliance - yet not the suggestion!
Oh well, one out of two aint bad.

My suggestion, which I presented to the crew (and again to Cindymars in my last post) was not that we all are Captain, but, that Ship, being a live vessel is Captain and we, the crew, take turns posting Ships *voice* so to speak (after coming to agreement in the working thread.)

Another suggestion is keeping Scurvy alive - and each of us taking turns where it would naturally fall in our posts to *speak* for Scurvy.

I U2U’d Scurvy asking him if he would consider this as I'd not make any, “spot on decisions” without asking the person specifically involved before moving on.

We'll have to wait and see if this is an option.

So, what do you think?

Either of these two ideas appeal - or have you got another suggestion we can examine?

?

[edit on 30-5-2009 by silo13]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Alrighty then! Got my post thrashed out, and didn't have to change much at all. A little more salt here, a little polishing there, and I think it slipped right into the flow. Must be some kind of synchronicity.

I'm gonna go re-read it a few times now to make sure, and so I can do my inevitable edits for spelling and such.

Luder, watch out for them nukes! Can't even go across the GALAXY and get away from 'em!

Watch yer six. Don't make me have to come over there and whoop up on some short guy with funny hair and a bad attitude. Might ruin my day. I'll keep your chair warm, sitting on my fanny in it, 'till you get back. You want me to post any updates from the surface mission? and if so, of what sort?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Thanks for the warning - lol.

Don't worry about posting updates from the surface mission - I originally just intended it as a way to get me out of the picture completely for a temporary period so I wouldn't bog down the story w/ me sitting in the Penelope somewhere.

I may elaborate on some of it after I get back - but you guys focus on the main story.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I just received this in my U2U inbox. Looks like we have a new recruit.... or victim - lol.

Neno, I'm sure you'll take care of him while he transitions to duty on board?

Cheers!!

To:
MF_Luder (Commanding officer -USS Penelope)
From: Ternim Chase (Altarian representative to the Federation and former Fleet Admiral)
Commander Luder
I am forwarding this letter of recommendation to you along with the included (i.e. incarcerated) body of Buck Private (Formerly Master Sergeant) William "Badgerprints" Chase.
He is in stasis along with the bulk supplies and third rate material correspondence from the supply scow 'Killjoy' which was shipped to your position shortly after your original mission departure.
Private chase is a highly decorated and well known combat veteran and general miscreant who has the innate ability to lose rank almost as fast as he earns it.
His latest reduction of rank is due to an interplanetary incident involving the Korrellian ambasadors two lovely daughters and a penthouse in the Vulcan planetary Capitol. I can not go further into detail as court rulings dictate that in the case of diplomatic dealings between planetary ambassadors dependents .........well, it wasn't technically illegal but it wasn't pretty.
I'll be frank with you. Badger is a big pain in the ass. He's belligerent, sarcastic, and can't seem to keep it in his pants. However, he's loyal and damn good in a fight. Plus, he's my sisters only son and I promised her I wouldn't let them put him into stasis on a supply scow.

So, If you need a good man then thaw him out and put him on KP for a while. He's a good potato peeler and pot washer as he's had a lot of KP experience. Once he's thawed out and can use all of his digits, he'll make a great disposable crewman. He always gets shot but never ends up buying the farm. He's like a bad copper credit. He always turns up.
In return for taking in my nephew, I'll see what I can do about getting your crew an upgraded shore leave package here on the Altair home world if you ever get back to this neck of the woods again.
By the way, his stasis pod is marked 'machine parts box 3 of 7' Ha. Old Borg joke.
Regards,
Ternim Chase

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This was my response to him.

HA!

Awesome introduction. You are more than welcome to join our little collaborative fiction effort. The following are the links you will need to join up with us.

OH - if you have not already done so, please contact World Watcher and obtain "Writer" status so you can post w/ us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first link there is the background info/working thread. That being the case - don't worry about reading the 2000+ posts - just go there and introduce yourself. I'll make a post too.

That's the main story thread, which I'm sure you've already figured out.

These are also two helpful documents to take a look at so you can familiarize yourself w/ my crew and how the UEF Ship Penelope works.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Those are the ship-board procedures and the specs for the ship.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

That will catch you up on our "history."

I know if your intro you are coming as a demoted individual - but hopefully you can eventually fill one of the following stations:

Chief Medical Officer
Chief Science Officer
Chief Navigation Officer
Chief Communications Officer
Starfighter Wing Commander
Starfighter Pilot

Those are some of the "main" jobs on board the ship at present.

Presently, I'm getting ready to be gone for about 10 days "real life" and will not be posting to the thread.

Nenothtu is in temporary command of the ship and you will report to him.

Look forward to having you on board.

CPT Mf_Luder
USS Penelope

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Welcome to the new recruit.

I should have something up in a few minutes.
Stay tuned

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I vote for Scurvy going off with the witch (however I really like the idea of Ship cacooning
the 3 missing captains).

Second vote is for Ship being Captain, however Ship may then disappear?

New writers? We need them, the Pen hasn't lost anybody.

We have lost:
VV
Sky
Cadbury
Loam
OA
Scurvy

We now have:
Antar
Whisper
Silo
Me

We need some aliens please.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Yeah that cocoon thing is a wicked idea... *Evil grin*...
Can you imagine finding them! EwW!

As for Ship *leaving* that's the beauty of the suggestion - Ship can't leave us.
I guess she could kick us off - then we'd be in a fix!

Oh - if Scurvy goes away with the *witch* - does that mean we'll just not hear from him until he comes back?
I'm not complaining just looking for clarification...

So it's us 4 for now...

Time to do some more headhunting!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes we would not be speaking for our beloved Scurvy.
We should wait and see what Antar and Whisper have to say.

I am feeling sort of disheartened by the way of things.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes!! Welcome aboard new recruit.

Originally posted by cindymars
I am feeling sort of disheartened by the way of things.

What do you mean?
(Darn there's no "comfort" or "cheer up" smilie.)

If you're worried any promotion will make you suddenly disappear, do as I do. Go crazy and get demoted all the time.

Is Tentickles still joining?

Whisper said Tentickles had too much time devoted to the Press Corps. Luder posted after that saying she wanted to join.

Tentickles is the perfect name for a Yydryl crew member.

About my post...

If anyone wants to stop me just run in and take that sparkler.

The amazing properties of thermite are real.

Thermite contains its own supply of oxygen and does not require any external source of air. Consequently, it cannot be smothered and may ignite in any environment, given sufficient initial heat. It will burn well while wet and cannot be extinguished with water. Small amounts of water will boil before reaching the reaction. If thermite is ignited underwater, the molten iron produced will extract oxygen from water and generate hydrogen gas in a single-replacement reaction. This gas may, in turn, burn by combining with oxygen in the air.

Wikipedia on Thermite

I had to use a sparkler because Thermite has a very high ignition temperature and the simplest thing that can reach those temperatures, that I know of, is a sparkler.

Anyone who reads this "Don't Try This At Home."

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Monroe: Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a weapons expert!

I kinda filled in those gaps in my own head when I read the post. Good job!

Now I hope Yydryl doesn't have halon fire suppression, or anything else that displaces all oxygen to smother a fire. The thermite can make it's own oxygen, but Studious and Co., can't...

Oh, and you BETTER have hid that sparkler in a pants seam!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

We should wait and see what Antar and Whisper have to say.

What - before talking to Scurvy? It wont hurt to get his opinion so we have some options.

Beyond that of course we'll wait - never entered my mind to do anything else.

Oh try not to be disheartened - might be catchy!

I'm trying to stay positive about all this but you're right - it's getting tough.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
OOPS! lol

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

*Self Starting Sparkler*???
rotfl
And files and make-up?
*Wipes tears from my eyes*...

Be right back - I'm gonna go make sure I Stared that sucker!

EDIT: After reading it for the third time I'm tempted to stroll on over and take your sparkler just to see what you come up with next!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Neno you found all my somewhat "hidden" jokes.

Originally posted by silo13
EDIT: After reading it for the third time I'm tempted to stroll on over and take your sparkler just to see what you come up with next!

I'd try and hide it, but unfortunately I can't put that lit sparkler back where I got it from.

For the record it was up my sleeve!

MAJOR EDIT:

(Spoilers follow if you haven't read Whispers new post.)

There were clues but I never put the pieces together. (Thank you for including them in the post by the way.)

The Dark Lord is Whisper's Father!!!!!!

DUN DUN DUNNNN...

The Dark Lord: "Whisper..... I AM YOUR FATHER!!"

There's a possibility for why "boyfriend" Scurvy disappears. Maybe daddy didn't like him.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hey Everyone:

I have not caught up in reading the story yet, last couple post but just wanted to apologize
as I discovered my mood was hormonal. So in knowing that, well I accept responsibility for my mood but understand it so much better.

So my sincerest apologies to everyone.

Have a smile from me
because I am acting as IF!

PS: Deson did not give a link to his thread, so here it is.

We should honor his hard work by S&F as well as posting on his thread. IMO

Thanks Deson!

[edit on 30-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I'm sort of curious about who I have to track down aboard Penelope now. Studious and Asher are both aboard Yydryl, so I reckon it's neither of them.

'Scuse me while I go down to the brig and slap Horkos around a bit...

[edit on 2009/5/30 by nenothtu]

new topics

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join