It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Brazil - March 12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Man, I dont know what is this, maybe this is something you guys know, I am not saying this is alien or anything ... facts

- This video was taken in march 12, I think (I got it from a bra board)
- This video shows a local channel showing the video, discussing it, and talking to the witness
- The video was recorded at 18:00 + -
- FireDepartment says no ballon was found ... neither was falling
- Meteorologists says no comets or anything happened in that location
- The guy says no planes pass thoght that location that he lives and recorded
- He was at home when he saw a very bright light, so he grab a camera, he was alone when he was witnessing ...
- Ufologist saying that is not a jet - he thinks that could be a meteorite - he thinks that the meteorite could had fall ...
- Airforce says nothing had fall ...
- Ufologist says it could be a meteorite, or a burning satellite ...
- Ufologist saying he doesnt believe its some kind of ship or anything
- Ufologist says its strange that no one saw something about a impact ... he thinks it may had been down in a LAKE ... so no one would notice ...

(I am updating with the info that I found in video ... I am watching now

if you think this is relevant, it may be just something easy to debunk ... I dont know ...

PART I

www.youtube.com...

PART II

www.youtube.com...

[Mod Edit - per OP embed video]

[edit on 15/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
one of the stranger films I have seen, too bad I dont speak portugeese

well they are amping it up, lets hope with this years crop season some good circles and some better sightings will wake up the public

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
rede record is a major tv station in brazil. I'm glad that the brazilian media is more open minded about UFO.

its very slow moving, it doesn’t really look like a meteor.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
thanx for the mod for the edit ...

well... I dont have any more info about this ... if you guys can find ..it would be cool ....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It looks like contrails getting the light of the setting Sun, but the way it moves a little sideways at the end, near the trees, is unusual, unless there was a strong side wind at the altitude of the contrail.

PS: that guy presenting the show is a little irritating.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That is very scary. That is a very, VERY large meteor travelling through what looks to be the upper atmosphere. It's so large, in fact, that the contrails are only seen on the top and bottom of the meteor as opposed to directly behind it.

It looks like it's burning in the upper atmosphere and it seems that the contrails are the stuff burning off of the meteor.

I say that it's in the upper atmosphere because of it's forward AND sideways movement. It's travel is not affected by windshear and friction of the lower atmospheres.

If this is truly a meteor and it is in the upper atmosphere, you guys don't even want to know how large this thing is. If it would have hit the ground, it would've done some considerable damage for probably miles around it's impact.

Odds are it travelled through the upper atmosphere for a short time and continued on it's way.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

If it was a meteor it would be much faster, nothing like what we see on the video.

It's a question of perspective, an aeroplane going away from the viewer makes a shorter contrail, and if the Sun is setting it creates this effect, that is why I think it's an aeroplane.

Examples.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think the sideways motion is due to the camera moving. Slow motion makes it hard to tell but it looks like the video may be taken from a moving vehicle.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Not if it is a VERY large meteor with alot of mass. Larger things tend to move much slower. Planes don't move sideways like that in the air unless they're light aircraft in the lower atmosphere. A large plane that is high enough (30,000 feet) to make contrails will not be affected by sidewinds that much to move that far away from it's course.

Contrails from a plane are very tiny coming off of the engines. This object is very large, burning up in the upper atmosphere. And the contrails are coming from the sides of the meteor burning up as opposed to behind the object if it were a plane.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That could very well be, but it is a very distinguished, very LARGE meteor that could have done considerable damage had it hit the ground.

Download the HQ version of the video which is .mp4, then use a program called "VLC Media Player" to slow the video down so you can look at it.

Maybe I'll take some screens and post them.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wow, What great footage!!

That does not look like a plane i have ever seen. But than again the quality is as usual, crap. The reason i think it is not a plane is that it's moving way to slow. And if it would be flying very high, witch would make look like it is flying very slow it should be huge!

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sfen Senterra

The video is in slow motion. I think.

[edit on 3/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If it was a meteor it would be much faster, nothing like what we see on the video.

Exactly, now you ruled have out the meteor explanation.. too slow indeed.

It's a question of perspective, an aeroplane going away from the viewer makes a shorter contrail, and if the Sun is setting it creates this effect, that is why I think it's an aeroplane.

Thanks for the examples of sunlit contrails, and although the shape does seem to resemble, I've seen contrails in the sky in real life many times, and the trail usually extends and/or disappears.. the shape stays in-tact per say, and even it's apparent trajectory and movement does not seem consistent with the typical contrail.

P.S: Haha, I also thought the host was quite annoying

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Have a look here. A lot of examples
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hmm, of-course it's a plane.

The only reason the TV station did not check with Brazilian air traffic control was that the 747 looked too good n the sunset (or sunrise ).....

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
People keep saying it's not a meteor because it's too slow. Very tiny meteors are the ones that fall through the atmosphere and to the ground.

This is a very VERY LARGE meteor that has alot of mass. Things that large and with that much mass will move much slower.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Not if it is a VERY large meteor with alot of mass.
The average speed of a meteor is 42 km/s, too fast to be seen like we see on the video. Also, if it was burning in the upper atmosphere it should be leaving a trail of burnt material, so we should see some brighter spots on the places where those smaller pieces would fall.

Planes don't move sideways like that in the air unless they're light aircraft in the lower atmosphere. A large plane that is high enough (30,000 feet) to make contrails will not be affected by sidewinds that much to move that far away from it's course.
That is true, planes do not move sideways, unless there is a strong wind, in those cases they do move sideways. And there are some very strong winds at 30,000 feet.

Contrails from a plane are very tiny coming off of the engines. This object is very large, burning up in the upper atmosphere. And the contrails are coming from the sides of the meteor burning up as opposed to behind the object if it were a plane.
If you are seeing it from behind then you cannot see the space between the aeroplane and the contrail in the same way as you would if you were looking from beneath it. Also, what creates the contrails is not the engine, it's the body of the aeroplane (not the whole body, but the tips of the wings, the engine pods, etc.) passing through the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

OK, ignoring for now the fact that nobody else saw this "huge" meteor, what do you think is its size?

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

OK, ignoring for now the fact that nobody else saw this "huge" meteor

Did you see the post just above by Phage?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is true, planes do not move sideways, unless there is a strong wind, in those cases they do move sideways. And there are some very strong winds at 30,000 feet.

You will never, ever see a plane moving sideways like that at 30,000 feet or higher. And if you do, film it because it would be something amazing to see.

Also, what creates the contrails is not the engine, it's the body of the aeroplane

Contrails (short for "condensation trails") or vapour trails are visible trails of condensed water vapour made by the exhaust of aircraft engines.

en.wikipedia.org...

What you're talking about are wingtip vortices that are seen at lower altitudes near the ground and is also explained at the link.

I've been an aviation buff for many, many years and am very well researched.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Did you see the post just above by Phage?
Yes, and that is a different event, that video was posted on YouTube on October 22, 2008, the video from the OP is from Friday.

You will never, ever see a plane moving sideways like that at 30,000 feet or higher. And if you do, film it because it would be something amazing to see.
OK, that's a promise.

What you're talking about are wingtip vortices that are seen at lower altitudes near the ground and is also explained at the link.
You're right, that was what I was thinking, and I was wrong. I hope I remember it the next time.

Thanks.

But you did not answered my question, what size do you think the hypothetical meteor was?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join