It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart looks to Hispanic market

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, here in Dallas, it would probably be more cost efficient for them to just change the name of all their stores to Supermercado del Walmart, as it is predominately Hispanics that shop there already. So this does no9t make much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would like to reply to the walmart post, i think that this is the wrong message we are sending to mexico and other countries,pretty soon we will be opening walmarts for russians, chinese, and every mother and brothter from across the water. oh and the worst part of it,,,, you have to speak the language or the prospective culture,,,, what a bummer.... ha and get this folks,,, i my mom is a mexican american born in texas and my father from spain. so i guess that makes me a (mexicanish) ,,,, seriously folks,,, people getting ready for the north american corridor. i heard an interview between alex jones and chuck norris yesterday on you know where,,,, seems that law says that texas can become its own country again legally,,, and get this chuck norris for president of texas... god i hope so,,, ill move back and join the texas army to be able to kick ass on the border...now, people call me a mexican american, but when i joined the army in 74 and voulunteered to go to the nam,,,, my identification said i was caucasion , never bothered me,,,, dont mean nuthing,,,, i am an american,,, i hate the U.N. and political correctness. illeagals should be rounded up and shipped the f*** back where ever they come from... the UN should be closed the hell down.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by haika

2nd
Ranking of the size of the U.S. Hispanic population worldwide, as of 2007. Only Mexico (108.7 million) had a larger Hispanic population than did the United States (45.5 million). (Spain had a population of 40.4 million.)

44%
The percentage of New Mexico’s population that is Hispanic, the highest of any state. Hispanics also make up more than a quarter of the population in California and Texas, at 36% each, Arizona (30%) and Nevada (25%).

www.factmonster.com...

If I were a business man in those states of course that I would try to be catering to Hispanics

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wal-Mart didn't become the worlds largest retailer by making bad business decisions..... I guess that I am fortunate to own wmt stock.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
They are doing same for other groups a s well

s it a another sign of the power of capitalism, or that a bastion of American society and culture is increasingly accepting of Arabs and Muslims, or both? You can judge for yourself: as the Associated Press reports, Wal-Mart is catering to the Arab and Muslim American population in the Detroit area:

www.asian-nation.org...

Wal-Mart Pursues Asian Americans

wakeupwalmart.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
CUE STANDARD MOD SPEECH

Hi People,

Just a gentle reminder to remain On Topic.

Discussions can certainly become passionate - however, lets not allow our emotions to get the better of us either.

If any issues arise, please Alert us Staff and we'll deal with it accordingly.

Regards,
ALIEN

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Read this article Hispanics and you will know what Wal-Mart is up to, they are looking towards the future.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazike

If I were a business man in those states of course that I would try to be catering to Hispanics

Me too. That's what I mean. The economy sucks, gotta make a buck right?
Anyone's free to walk in and buy, it's not their problem who is legal or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
They are doing same for other groups a s well

Wal-Mart is catering to the Arab and Muslim American population in the Detroit area.

Wal-Mart Pursues Asian Americans.

They're doing whatever is best for their business. And I can bet that the signs in these other stores will be also bi-lingual: Arab-English and Chinese/Corean- English.

I'm thinking about buying some of their stocks.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok now that every one has made their own racist re-marks on how Wal mart is helping Illegal "Hispanics" all this crap is just Wal mart going back to basics with business .... Consumer and comsumption and demands and also the biggest is Location Location Location!!!!! Of course we know Mexican Americans are not the minority any more so here is a new market for business.
And for ya'll haters linking Illegals and Wal Mart helping them...Please..? How do u think the American economy gos up ??? Any one here in a America Buying goods, stimulating the Economy !!!! DUH!!!! So Wal- MArt, where im sure every one has gone to buy their home goods, is looking for more business to sale for the local client since the Locations are mostly Mexican AMericans..... notice that its happening in the south not in the north ????? Location Location Location!!!!!!
So all the Racist remarks on Wal-Marts business eddicates .... May be u should just boy-cott walmart and go to your local grocery store....I bet u cant !

My final words are Good for Wal-Mart Expanding their Market for America!! I know its off topic but who cares The North American Union is coming so deal with it .... so no more borders buddys!!! LMAO!!!
Peace Love Respect laters

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
When I went to this thread I could tell where it was going before I began to read it, and it wasn't my psychic abilities that alerted me..... The loosely thought out stereotypes reminded me of the things that I was told about the Viet Cong and N.V.A. when I was a seventeen year old Marine, and also of some of the propaganda utilized by the Nazis to dehumanize the Jews.... Of course the military was doing the same to Middle Easterners long before the go ahead being given by the U.S. ambassador in Iraq to invade Kuwait and Desert Storm.... I guess there really is a sucker born every minute. _javascript:icon('
')

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join