It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what you are up against?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
just in case any m1 tanks come to your front door.

pull the red switch on the back left of the tank. insta - shutdown.

throw whatever nasty junk you can into the tracks near the hub. heavy wire or large metal objects to pop the track off. it's a lot easier than you think. most tanks are halfway to the garbage bin on any given day. and tank crews really HATE tightening track bolts and tension arms.

if at all possible have 2 people wrap a water hose around the joint between turret and hull. that's all it takes to beat the safety governer and disable turret traversion.

you could try stuffing the guntube but i don't know if that would be practical. best case scenario you get the combustion to fill the turret. i doubt you could pack 'em enough to blow the tube on short notice.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Mozzy]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yea i am new, I have previously awaken. i am no longer a sheep.
I know I need to be prepared and figured the first place to start is Home, where my family is. And the above posters have been truely amazing and I see i have a VERY long way to go.
Thanks for the Link also

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have worked around a few tanks (No military experience though) Mostly the M9ACE tank.
and hopefully I wont be standing in front or behind ANY tank. But I disn't know there so vulnerable.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by realboogyman

Do you live in a city or a more rural setting?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Rural, and outside city limits so I can shoot guns all day long.
I have been in my yard with my shotgun and see the county drive by and wave at them. It is pretty common for guns out here.
crime not so much. think we have had 1 maybe 2 murders here in 15 years. Theft has gone up. Mostly 4wheelers and large yard items, (wood, pull behind trailers. tractors)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If you don't live very close to any sizable cities then you should be fairly safe staying in your house for a while. Depending on how big your town is. You will most likely have ample warning before anything happens and smaller towns will less likely be very chaotic at first. If you live too close to any cities you should plan an escape route to a more remote area. Make sure to avoid major highways and roads. Back roads are less likely to be monitored.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I dont live to close to any major towns. Atlanta Is close to 150 miles away. And the back roads here are always quiet.
I have traveled ALOT of these woods, I have traveled them in the day and in the night. I know of 2 caves that are close to a natural spring that is about 2 miles from the nearest road.
I don't know what i am up against. So I am just sitting here thinking, I have seen cops, I have seen D.E.A., I have sen SWAT, they all just move in, Flash grenades, "The Bear in the AIr" "Eye in the Sky"
I might be just scaring myself. I am not sure.
But I am not sure of alot of things anymore.
If there is a list of people to gather or watch, I could be on it, I am on Databases due to employments (DoD) I was youung and got in trouble, so the more I start adding this stuff up the more I sit and ponder What if???

I shouldn't be on a terrorist kind of watch list but a maybe I know to much list. Just because of my involvment with the DoD.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Those caves would be a great place as long as not very many people know the location. Your background with the DOD could be an issue for you. You might want to consider disappearing when TSHTF.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I found the caves by mistake. But know where they are. I was a coonhunter and spent many nights in the woods. I have already discussed it with my wife and she understands, and she said she will be right there with me.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by realboogyman
I found the caves by mistake. But know where they are. I was a coonhunter and spent many nights in the woods. I have already discussed it with my wife and she understands, and she said she will be right there with me.

Forgive my ignorance as a Brit, but COON hunter ?? Is that Raccoon or something less pleasant?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy

you could try stuffing the guntube but i don't know if that would be practical. best case scenario you get the combustion to fill the turret. i doubt you could pack 'em enough to blow the tube on short notice.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Mozzy]

one of these filled with concrete would cercainly do the job if slid down the tube..
www.coresmith.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Yes, it is raccoons.
Pretty awful if it meant what it also could.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkiii

Yes, it is raccoons.
Pretty awful if it meant what it also could.

Thank Christ for that, I thought I had joined a KKK forum for a second , Erm why kill raccoons? do they predate on your animals or are they closet man eaters ?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

1. meat will keep you alive. not the tastiest in my experience, but i've only eaten one, so maybe i just got a dud.

2. Who doesn't like to wear a coonskin cap and play Davy Crockett? They're pretty warm, so useful in cold weather/snow.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Your all up against absolute murderers, who think nothing at all about killing even kids, pure scum.

You have no chance as these people can make up anything they want about you and you need to live in society, and they can make sure you cannot live, pure scum.....

These threads are in a way, a waste, as we all know the people running things are pure scum. Nothing against thread starter, but i think we all know they can do anything to anyone.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What do you think the Chechens faced? Or the Mahdi Army faces every day? Or those in the tribal regions of Paki with drones dropping Hellfires on them day and night and sats watching 24/7. U are right though, the use of vehicle-mounted heat sensing tech will flush people out of their homes. Was used in Katrina.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Your all up against absolute murderers, who think nothing at all about killing even kids, pure scum.

Jeez I had no idea raccoons were so nasty

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't understand why folks are so quick to disempower themselves. The "preparation" comes from within and from things not many people would consider, not from your external environment, guns, bunkers, gas masks, and grenades. There is a wealth of information, hidden right in front of our eyes (and even in the old gospel tune that someone posted), that eludes to hidden clues pointing the way. The Bible is one good source, albeit cryptic and frought with alchemical symbolism. Most old hymns, once one is familiar with alchemical language (lets not forget that this is also what our biblical prophets were skilled in), give many hints and clues. The difference that seperates the ones skilled in this knowledge between good and evil, is their intent...."what" do you plan to do with it once you have it? Everyone talks about Masons and Illuminati being bad....well, that may be the case, but were they ALWAYS bad? THIS is the knowledge they possess, with which they have kept secret. We're all human (I'm assuming), and as such, we all have the power to choose between right and wrong, good and evil. For every instance of evil in this world, there is an equal instance of good, as the universe always strives to seek balance....always. Why would ALL the power go to evil, and make the good guys (us), powerless? It's just not the case! While the scale may be tipped in favor of evil at present, rest assured, the good hearted of the world will not be forsaken! (a.k.a - "Christ" will come again - "Christ" is not a single person, but what we ALL have the ability to be! But if you let religion dictate the interpretation of this to you, then you will never understand this realization, and you will never realize your full potential!)

Short of Superman coming to save the day, how could one really survive this horrible reality playing out in front of us all? Ahhh, but that is where the line between fiction and reality blur, my friend! We all are Superman - or at least have the capability to be. We all have the ability to develop those special gifts to combat and defeat the evil imbalance of the world. No, I'm not talking about "religion" per se, but ancient knowledge is good, and spirituality is a part of that. Whether you read the Bible, study Kabbalah, read the Koran, or any other number of books or practices based on love, forgiveness, charity, selflessness, and a detachment from material items, all teach basically the same principles with which to learn how to embrace what is programmed in our DNA.

Wild claims? No. There are numerous books out there, written by Doctors and experts in the fields of non-traditional research that list countless instances of superhuman abilities having been exhibited throughout the timeline of recorded history, as well as modern times. I have a few of these books, and I find it amazing how many people have exhibited the ability to fly just in the past several hundred years....from every walk of life, every religion! Not just flying either....where do you think the inspiration for comic heroes (and villains) come from? This is not make believe. Too fantastical to believe? It's up to you. It is my belief that this is probably the most incredible conspiracy of all time - selling super human abilities as "fantasy", so that any mention of such would be mocked and shunned, thus leaving us in a state of helpless despair. What better way to control the masses!

I have noticed that the information I had sought so many years ago, which was almost impossible to come by at the time, is now readily available in many places....even for free. This is no accident. Even Jesus said, "you shall do these [miracles], and greater than these one day". If you have any hint of faith, start reading the Bible along side some good alchemical text references. Your eyes will open!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have heard from all kinds of people. With all kinds of advise.
Yes, coon is racoon...sorry about that. I forget where I am at times and think people automatically know what I mean.
Racoon cooked like you would a pulled pork BBQ sandwich is awesome.
I respect everything all posters have said. And I will take them all seriously.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

You have no chance as these people can make up anything they want about you and you need to live in society, and they can make sure you cannot live, pure scum.....

These threads are in a way, a waste, as we all know the people running things are pure scum. Nothing against thread starter, but i think we all know they can do anything to anyone.

There is a chance. If you decide to fight back. It wont be easy apparenly, but you stand more of a chance fighting than you do sitting there. . Find a way to be prepared have a plan and know how to use it. That is why I ask my question.
Dealer usually wins in blackjack, well teach me to count cards.
Look at like racoon hunting. 3 or 4 dogs wheighing 40 or 50 ponds a piece, chasing 1 racoon wheighing 20 pounds. The racoon can and will fight the dogs, usually it doesn't stand a chance. But, I would say 1 out of 10 fights, the racon is smart, and out smarts the dogs. That is what I want to do. I want to outsmart the "dogs"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join