It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Moves Toward Ratification of U.N. treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Senate Moves Toward Ratification of U.N. treaty

www.foxnews.com

The treaty allows environmental groups to bring lawsuits to the Law of the Sea Tribunal in Germany, a panel of 21 U.N. judges who would have say over pollution levels in American rivers
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/12/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

[edit on 3/12/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is another effort by the U.N. to erase national sovereignty, not just in the U.S.

It is sad that so many countries have already signed on to this.

why should any country want to make themselves answerable to a foreign court?

Is anyone surprised that Sen Kerry wants to push this?

Aren't there more important things that Congress should be concerned with first?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveFreeOrDie..

The thing that comes to my mind on this is, why now? This thing has been sitting out there for 30 years according to the article. Makes me wonder what agenda this is going to fulfill or help to push forward.

The most worrisome thing about this whole deal is, our congressmen and representatives have a history of just passing bills and resolutions without understanding the scope of the proposals. Without even reading what they are signing or voting for in many cases!

Many times, the UN's agenda works directly against what many ordinary people would personally want. Some of the things that have been introduced through it would actually take away or trump American parent's rights regarding how they raise their children, among other things.

Also, the International Court does not follow some of the procedures our American courts have to follow and that is trouble in the making.

It seems to be just one more piece in the globalization picture puzzle, and I am against anything that would put American sovereignty at risk, any more than it already is.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds to me that Kerry and gang have a few select friends that will benefit greatly from this if it is ratify.

Everything else Congress does has a financial tie to it, so why shouldn't this one?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed. Pretty much these days...we refer to it as Kerry's UN Fetish!
Kerry always wants to capitulate the interests of The United States to the UN!

Star & Flag!

join