It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Have Facebook?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

Thats why i never started it in the firs case...
However they still have too much control and know most of it as long as they are interested.
Anything is there to reffer if they decide to.......

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The government already knows everything about you, so forget about it. Have you ever noticed that you can type anything into the search engine and something always comes up. Try your own name, you'll be surprised. The internet is like the stock market, don't use it if you can't afford to lose it. If you are worried about privacy, just getting on the internet isn't for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't think many of you who are defending Facebook and using "well its the internet, what do you expect!" get what is going on here. You don't even come close to posting as personal and sensitive information anywhere else on the net, as you do Facebook. They know not only who your friends are, but how you know each other too. That's ridiculous.

Facebook is only for people who brag to a long lost group of 'friends' they once had. Once I noticed this, I got rid of it, because why do I need to brag to all these people about what I'm doing? I don't. In humankind's quest for acceptance and fame we have completely left privacy in the dust. People race to post where they are/what they are doing on Facebook. As humans we're too into trying to be different than everyone else. Facebook is the ultimate of this, trying to be different and better than everyone else on our friends list.

How can all you Facebook users sit back and essentially say "# it, let them have my info. How can it hurt me?"

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i don't have facebook, because i simply call or meet people that i'm interested in. most of the people in this world i would not like to interact with...sorry but this "being connected" thing is just alot of hype to make someone money, and to devalue the worth of the friends you already know and care about.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Notice how the things in our country that are allowed to prosper and become a phenomenon amongst our people are probably funded or used in some way for the government. Or at least help those who are friends of those in the government. or that the people in the gov have money or friendships tied in with it.

That or they see a good thing and unknowingly infiltrate it.

It's obvious facebook is not just for US. Anything for us is ultimately for them also.

If it does not benefit them, then they won't allow it to benefit us. pretty simple really.

Not always a bad thing but we know how power corrupts people and knowledge is power or so says they're seal, so in that case knowledge corrupts all. Or maybe it's the keeping all the information to yourself that is the real corrupter.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have one becz smetimes u lose contact due to inevitable reason and thus these sites help !

<< 1   >>

join