It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Dolphin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3ea197f1db9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecce5c98189b.jpg[/atsimg]

These are the stunning pictures of a rare pink bottlenose dolphin spotted swimming in a Louisiana lake.

The mammal was pictured by local charter boat captain Erik Rue, who has been studying the dolphin since it first surfaced in Lake Calcasieu, an inland saltwater estuary, north of the Gulf of Mexico in Southwestern USA.

Since it was spotted with its pod of normal coloured dolphins last year the animal has been wowing visitors on the lake.

Capt Rue, 42, originally saw the dolphin, which also has reddish eyes, swimming with a pod of four other dolphins, with one appearing to be its mother which never left its side.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

story

Well I think this is the coolest thing I will see all day. Wild albino animals are fairly rare, I have seen blue lobsters. Even half red and half white lobsters, but I have never seen a pink animal. Unless it is someones poodle. Very cool. Has anyone ever seen a pink animal before? I'm wondering if this is a genetic conditions or a medical one?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow, now isn't that just a sight!
Pink - Barbie pink even!
Eeekk!
I hope it stays well and someone doesn't try to capture it or shoot it or some other idiotic thing!
Thanks for the post - a nice pick-up for the day!

[edit on 2-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Yes, pink squirrels and possums are not unheard of in these parts. What a sweet little face on that dolphin!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Has anyone ever seen a pink animal before? I'm wondering if this is a genetic conditions or a medical one?

that's generally what happens when there's no pigment in the skin. if you shaved an albino hamster, it would also be pink in appearance. although i have seen on 2 occasions albino humans, and they are more white than pink.

cute little guy. awesome animal thread.

new topics

top topics

join