It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I figure out who my guardian angel is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is there some way to figure out what angel is my guardian angel? If so, I would like some help here. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it actually worked but I did try that mediatating thing and the name Ezekiel all of a suddenly went rushing through my head, which was weird b/c the only angel name I could think of was Michael. Anyways, not sure if its true or maybe my mind working odd, but I feel as though its at least likely.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Don't meditate or anything like that, it will draw evil spirits or demons to you. Don't be fascinated with guardian angels, you are not supposed to know their name, they work for God, they go where God wants them to go and do what God wants them to do. Keep your mind focused on Jesus Christ not on angels. Angels are created beings, created by God to do his will and his bidding.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Explorergirl

Meditating does not bring evil spirits to you. That's pretty much the opposite of what it does. Unless of course when you meditate you are waiting for anything to come to you, not JUST a spirit guide or JUST a guardian angel. Saying it draws "demons" to you is scare mongering, "demons" do not function in that way. There is no type of psychic activity I can think of (other than perhaps communicating with dead humans) that conflicts with Biblical teachings. So please don't fear "demons" while meditating.

As long as you don't "worship" your guardian angel, and you're just contacting it, there's no problem.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Harryallard you can continue being angry, I am simply telling the truth. Fear mongering? I have had very awful experiences with demonic spirits and I am here to say that meditation leaves you open to demonic spirits and deception. Where in the bible have you ever ever seen a person of God trying to contact and communicate with angels. Nowhere whatsoever!!! We are not to try and communciate or contact angels, don't you know that demons can come in the form of "good angels" to trick people. Spirit guides are demonic spirits in disguise.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Explorergirl

Bless your heart.

That is just silly.

I say have nothing to do with angels altogether.
Seek your Higher Self that is the best guardian you can have.

Now Explorergirl you are not entirely incorrect (ofcourse just speaking from my opinion) if there are dark entities bothering you after meditating that is because it is most likely in you. We all have them just like we all have parasites.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'll tell you my personal experience- meditating DOES NOT ATTRACT light!
When I was a teenager I fell deep into the New age movement and metaphysical studies. Yes I meditated-while I saw nothing from the other side at that moment, and I did not feel any different then, everything in my life soon changed. I gradually started not loving my family, I started being violent, and I fell into a deep depression that to this day 17 years later I still struggle with. I had so many bad things happen to me. My first child even died in 1996. About 2 years ago I remembered how I used to be when I was young- I wanted so bad to go to college and make my mark in this world back then. I prayed to God for an answer as to why things were so bad and why my dreams failed. Something happened that day- I realized that it wasn't light that caused all of the problems- it was the dark. I had always been a good girl and loved Jesus- until I started meditating and studying metaphysics. That attracted the darkside. Today I still have deep depression, i'm on 4 types of meds to control it. I wish I hadn't gotten myself into spiritual trouble like I did. Please don't meditate.
Don't try to communicate with angels because Satan can disguise himself as a good one--he used to be a beautiful angel. Spirit guides will guide you yes- right into dark despair.
[edit on 17-3-2009 by used2bqueen]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by used2bqueen]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't want to be mean, but are you posters who are saying not to meditate, educated people? Meditation is only to clear the mind of thought. So when you were an innocent baby without a lot of brain clutter were you inviting "demons".
Really educate yourself, you don't hear of a lot of zen buddhist with demonic possession now do you.

Praying is talking with God and meditation is listening.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
you don't hear of a lot of zen buddhist with demonic possession now do you.

i was about to say that.
meditation is about relaxing and refocusing. if bad stuff happens to you, you can't blame meditation. it's just relaxed concentration for your own well being.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
From my own personal understanding;
the only way to find the Spirit of All That Is in love, peace, happiness and joy is only through being quiet and reflective in a state of silence within one self.

It is looking for answers in the external that will lead one to never ending circuitous paths of despair in fear, anger, hate and war. After all that is what the external world is all about if one looks closely;
an illusory attempt by the ego mind to be separate from All That Is through the mad idea of physical form in moments of time and space.
The Devil then is simply the projection of ideas form ones own ego. It was never an external idea.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Bless your heart.

That is just silly.

I say have nothing to do with angels altogether.
Seek your Higher Self that is the best guardian you can have.

Now Explorergirl you are not entirely incorrect (ofcourse just speaking from my opinion) if there are dark entities bothering you after meditating that is because it is most likely in you. We all have them just like we all have parasites.

Very true, and to the mark.

To the OP:

In the occult, there is a concept generally known as the "Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel". However, there is a general consensus that the HGA is identical to the personal Genius, or Higher Self.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yea, meditation will only bring evil if you are opening yourself up. While meditating, you should fill your heart and mind with universal love.
I really don't think that the Tibetan monks are surrounded by evil, that goes for the Dali Lama as well.

top topics

join