It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Called Police After Student Presentation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Professor Called Police After Student Presentation

therecorderonline.net

On October 3, 2008, Wahlberg and two other classmates prepared to give an oral presentation for a Communication 140 class that was required to discuss a “relevant issue in the media”. Wahlberg and his group chose to discuss school violence due to recent events such as the Virginia Tech shootings that occurred in 2007.

Shortly after his professor, Paula Anderson, filed a complaint with the CCSU Police against her student.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The prof didnt like the subject matter so the police were called.

We have a case where the 2nd and the 1st seem to be hitting head-on.

The argument made was simple. If even one student at the time of the VA Tech massacre had been armed many victims could very well still be alive today. This professor took the message of individual liberty and responsibility as a threat.

“If you can’t talk about the Second Amendment, what happened to the First Amendment?” asked Sara Adler, president of the Riflery and Marksmanship club on campus. “After all, a university campus is a place for the free and open exchange of ideas.”

therecorderonline.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well that professor is a moron obviously.
Another slave to the lying evil greed pigs.
They should be able to present whatever they like.
Calling the police is just retarded.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wow! Another example of our governments brain washing.
Oh, you have the first amendment but if you insult someone you can call the police on them and maybe get them arrested.

It's Salem Witch Trials in the new century.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thats pretty funny. im surprised guys in black suits didnt offer him a big fat check to play some real life counter Strike.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Oh, you have the first amendment but if you insult someone you can call the police on them and maybe get them arrested.

Yup. This is the primary reason why giving the police authority to confiscate your firearms with only an anonymous complaint of "feeling threatened" (a law in CT coincidentally enough) is a terrible idea.

All it takes is one paranoid phone call and your door gets kicked, your property confiscated and your life all but ruined.

The student in this case is extremely lucky his firearms werent confiscated. Once they're taken you never get them back regardless of how the situation turns out. They're gone for good.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I sure hope I can do this -

The professors email is [email protected]

We should all send her a note...

eh??

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
just before he died, george carlin called our constitutional rights "temporary privledges"...i am tending to lean that way myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now this idea is a tad extreme...but I've always thought that when you get on an airline flight they should also give you a handgun. If every passenger had a handgun I doubt seriously there would be many hijackings if the perps knew they were outnumbered by the passengers

I know it's not practical but it's a thought!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
wow. thats all i can say.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
One of the first things we need to do is clean out our schools.
My Son and Daughter started Collage in the last two years and what they have seen and heard from the so called professors will take you back.

So many of them use there class room time to spout endless speeches of how these kids should vote and things so left of center that I wonder how they keep teaching.
But what bothers me the most is you can not get anything done. They, the teachers are teaching everything but what there class is about!
Now this is in state schools not the private ones. I guess in the private they can do what they want. But not the State schools.

This is a issue that needs to be brought forward and stopped. Our money is paying for these schools and I want them to teach what the class is . Not how and what to vote on and hold the kids down if they do not agree!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread.

The sheeple (the professor) are actually more dangerous than the government.

It's like in The Matrix. All the bodies still connected are potential agents.

They will fight for the system through programming.

edit for clarity.

[edit on 28/2/09 by enigmania]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
Now this idea is a tad extreme...but I've always thought that when you get on an airline flight they should also give you a handgun. If every passenger had a handgun I doubt seriously there would be many hijackings if the perps knew they were outnumbered by the passengers

I know it's not practical but it's a thought!

NO its not a thought, its a brain spasm.

Give everyone on planes guns- please.

new topics

top topics

join