It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Bias? No way! Love Obama? Hate Bush? Are you biased?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
I hate Bush because of how dumb he was. It was like he was always drunk and couldn't string a sentance together. There was even a word invented to describe how dumb he is because no word in the English language could explain it.

I think all the hate for the Man is part of the reason we're in this mess.
I mean think about it, there were so many people that were always too busy hating him, they failed to notice the path this country was taking. This should be an eye opener because the same can be said when people are googoogahgah over the Prez.

Regarding these "Bushisms" what makes you think they weren't intentional just to give the haters something to talk about and distract them from the real agenda?
What makes.you think he was dumb when he obviously fooled so many?
These isms are not just affiliated with Bush because Obama has had a few Obamaisms of his own, you are just not allowed to report on them.
It's as if the Emporer has no clothes.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
First of all, thanks for your post. Nicely done.

Somebody had to do it.

What i believe is that the sooner we stop this spending charade, the sooner we get rolling again, get this country back on it's feet and return it to it's former glory. I just believe we are making the pain worse.

I don't want this to happen...none of us asked for this. It's a bad situation for us all....it's a shame.

I agree 100%! I've actually got some experience as a community organizer, and I'm trying to draw on that experience to find a way to help Obama understand our viewpoint. I'm thinking that we can appeal to his intellect; rather than mindlessly protesting. Remember, the man is a nerd -- waving a sign and spewing crap about "Porkulus" won't do as much as getting him to read a non-biased book that gets our point across (not saying you do this mindless crap-spewing, wannabe protesting, just that many people do).

I agree...i guess the point of this post was to show people's (not the media's) bias. As you stated people are willing to look beyond the faults of their candidate or party...even it's extremely similar to what they were complaining about the other side doing. I just wanted to point it out.

As for the 3 you named, Glenn Beck is the only one I like and it's not because i agree with everything he says..which definitely isn't the case.
Pointing things out is good.

As for the three I mentioned, I can tell that you only like Beck, so don't worry! You don't go around using silly terms such as porkulus, spendocrat, or Clinton News Network! I think that I agree with you on almost everything, I just want to make sure that we "fight ignorance" from all directions.

I think you are right here as well. My father is one of these people. I actually ranted on him last night about it.
He votes Republicans across the board in all elections, and he has no idea what most of them stand for.

LOL! My dad used to be the same way, but now he just wants anybody who won't tank the economy. Party matters a lot less all of a sudden!

[edit on 2-3-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Yeah...and look...

No one will admit it...

This thread was completely ignored.

No I won't admit it because in my case it's not true.

I wasn't going to respond because this thread seemed directed at dems/repubs and I am neiter.

Bush was scum.

I think Obama is probably scum but I need a few more weeks to be sure.

But yes, I am biased. I assume all politicians are scum and they would have to work very, very hard to change that opinion.

I realize this thread is for people who think the democrats and republicans are different and I am not one of those people.

Vas

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I never hated Bush, I just thought he was a terrible President with bad ideas, bad policies, etc.

I probably wouldn't dislike the man personally (Cheney is another story.)

If Obama said the same dumb things and embraced the same dumb policies, I wouldn't like him either.

People talk about politics as if it were pro sports, and put a lot of emphasis on loyalty to "your team" - Colts/Steelers, red/blue, Democrat/Republican whatever... and they make ideologies like "conservative" and "liberal" part of their identities, this is foolish.

I don't personally identify with any party or ideology, so I can vote for whoever I want to, whoever I think is going to do the best job.

I thought the Bush administration did a lousy job.

I think Obama will do a better job, which is why I voted for him.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

The Federal government has very little to do with your day to day life... The governments with the most impact are at the local level...

Tell that to our children and grandchildren, when they have to pay the 13 trillion dollar debt, plus interest.

How can you say such a thing? The federal government decides whether troops go to war with some half-a** country half a world away, with thousands of Americans dying in that war.
The federal government decides whether to let 30,000,000 illegal aliens free reign of our country, bankrupting state governments.
The federal government, gives Israel the green light to blast the heck out of Gaza, kill civilians, and then takes OUR tax money of over ONE BILLION DOLLARS to "rebuild" the GAZA that was destroyed by Israel.
I could go on, but I think you ought to reconsider your statement.
Our local government can't even repair the roads, keep water flowing, or pick up the garbage when they are supposed to.They're too busy padding each other's pockets.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join