It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridated water to hit the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Exactly, Flouridic acid is classified as a POISON!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
reply to post by Trolloks

Bad teeth and dental health is deadly.
Or maybe it's deadly because that fluoride in your toothpaste is BAD for your teeth AND your health...

link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Do you think we should be drinking or bathing in anything that requires a person to suit up and to protect them while they are pouring it in? Does this image not seem a little unnerving to you???

*cough* dilution *cough*

Your home is probaly loaded with chemicals IF in thier concentrated form would kill you too.

link   
Wells would have calcium fluoride not sodium fluoride.And there are many studies that do not show a decrease in cavities from a fluoridated water supply.New york has a fluoridated water supply and the popualtion has more cavities than that of cities that do not.Whether you buy into the conspiracy or not,it doesnt need to be there.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by FredT

Did you know the folks here in California wear hazmat suits when they add it to the water - that we bathe in and drink? Do you think we should be drinking or bathing in anything that requires a person to suit up and to protect themselves while they are pouring it in? Does this image not seem a little unnerving to you?
It does to me. This isn't just natural occurring fluoride. It's scary.

Edit - to be nicer.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

Congratulations, you obviously know nothing about molarity.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
reply to post by spinkyboo

Exactly, Flouridic acid is classified as a POISON!

Are you brushing your teeth with it?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Do you think we should be drinking or bathing in anything that requires a person to suit up and to protect them while they are pouring it in? Does this image not seem a little unnerving to you???

*cough* dilution *cough*

Your home is probaly loaded with chemicals IF in thier concentrated form would kill you too.

But - why use it at all? I have yet to find any real evidence that it helps with cavities. And why in the tap water and now in the bottled drinking water for babies ?
Fluoride - is just not good for soft tissue - kidneys - liver - etc. It's a ridiculous thing to add to something we would ingest. Am I really missing something here?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was looking at the fluoride debate last night and came across this website:

Source

They quote some interesting facts with regards fluoride:
(all emphasis mine)

Fluoridation is not about "children's teeth". Rather, it is about industry ridding itself of crude hazardous waste products, silicofluorides, for a profit. Silicofluorides are 85 times more toxic than naturally-occurring calcium fluoride.

Fluoride is more toxic than lead and like lead in minute doses, accumulates in and can be damaging to brain/mind development of children, producing abnormal behavior in animals and reducing IQ in humans, especially in conjunction with deficiencies of key nutrients such as calcium, iodine and vitamins. It can also contribute to many disease processes. Because it is almost as toxic as arsenic, fluoride's ability to play havoc in the human body should surprise no one.

Dental fluorosis is not simply a "cosmetic effect". Dental fluorosis is the first visible sign of fluoride poisoning. Today there is an increased prevalence of dental fluorosis, ranging from about 15% to 65% in fluoridated areas and 5% to 40% in non-fluoridated areas in North America.

Lifestyle and not lack of fluoride would increase the case of fluorosis - again ingestion is not a reasonable solution, rather, using it on our teeth directly, with toothpaste manufacturers telling us not to swallow the paste during or after brushing!!

In conclusion of the debate, some quotations provide a moment of pause in trying to comes to terms with the objectives or purposes of Government departments to allow for such a mass medication:

"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs. Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effect on a long-range basis. Any attempt to use the water this way is deplorable." Charles Gordon Heyd, M.D., Past President, American Medical Association.

On Nov. 24, 1992, Robert Carton, Ph.D., a former EPA scientist made this statement: "FLUORIDATION IS THE GREATEST CASE OF SCIENTIFIC FRAUD OF THIS CENTURY, IF NOT OF ALL TIME."

Professor Albert Schatz, Ph.D., Microbiology, discoverer of the antibiotic streptomycin, was of the same opinion. His statement was: "fluoridation ... it is the greatest fraud that has ever been perpetrated and it has been perpetrated on more people than any other fraud has."

Another link is for a short tv debate on Irish tv re: fluoride.

link
An interesting comment from one viewer:

look at the state of the irish health departement...they cant even bed the sick, you mean to tell me they would have an operation this big..FOR TOOTHACHES!!!?? get real

Alogia

And, in an era of supposed unsurpassed knowledge, we are left with leaders that are wrapped in ignorance and shortsightedness that defies belief:

For too many decades we heard from scientists who worked for the cigarette companies that cigarettes were not addictive, even in the face of mounting evidence of harm. No one died from smoking one cigarette, one pack, or one carton. But after twenty years, cancers started to "mysteriously" appear. We were told these deaths were unrelated to smoking.

History repeats - lessons not learned.

That's politics folks!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

It's a totally debilitating con-job.
And it is harming us.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

But - why use it at all? I have yet to find any real evidence that it helps with cavities.

A bunch of studies from the 1940s onwards have shown that in concentrations from about 0.8 to 1.4ppm in water it helps to reduce the amount of cavaties, especially in children.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jBrereton

Around about the same time Doctors were advertising Camels?

$$$

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Can anyone cite an actual, peer reviewed scientific paper that proves the concerns people attribute to fluoridation?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jBrereton

But - why use it at all? I have yet to find any real evidence that it helps with cavities.

A bunch of studies from the 1940s onwards have shown that in concentrations from about 0.8 to 1.4ppm in water it helps to reduce the amount of cavaties, especially in children.

Then - if you must brush your teeth with it. Put it in toothpaste. Let people choose to use it or not.
But - don't put it in the TAP WATER.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"Put your mind on the shelf, you won't need them where you're going."

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Can anyone cite an actual, peer reviewed scientific paper that proves the concerns people attribute to fluoridation?

Here's a start.

www.slweb.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

Firstly, read whatever you want into this. It was just a quick search and I will get back to it tomorrow when I have time. It is interesting if anything!

Follow the Money: After Oscar Ewing, Chief Counsel of the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA) became head of the United States Public Health Service (USPHS) in 1947, he offered the American Dental Association strong inducements to back fluoridation. To this day the ADA is paid well for endorsements of fluoride products. Grants are awarded to produce studies that will show fluoride is safe. Scientists whose research shows negative effects from fluoride often find it difficult to get their findings published. (See 0-6: "The Difficulty of Research on Fluoridation", Natick Fluoridation Study Committee Report, 9/27/97).

Many fluoridation supporters “used the York review’s findings selectively to give an overoptimistic assessment of the evidence in favor of fluoridation,” they write. Similar problems exist in the U.S. as outlined in the summer 2005 Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons. “Artificial fluoridation of drinking water… probably does not reduce tooth decay…Proponents of fluoridation have censored most media, ignored intelligent discussion of fluoridation, slandered most opponents of fluoridation and overturned legal judgments against fluoridation in a manner that demonstrates their political power. Many published studies that had conclusions favoring fluoridation were later found unsupported by their raw data,” writes JM Kauffman, PhD. (3)

source

BMJ: Fluoridation not proven safe or effective

Researchers reporting in the Oct 6 British Medical Journal (BMJ) indicate that fluoridation, touted as a safe cavity preventive, never was proven safe or effective and may be unethical. (1) Cavity rates declined equally in fluoridated and non-fluoridated European countries. “This trend has occurred regardless of the concentration of fluoride in water or the use of fluoridated salt,” write Sir Iain Chalmers, editor of the James Lind Library, which was set up to help people understand the evidence base of medicine, KK Cheng, professor of epidemiology at Birmingham University, and Trevor Sheldon, professor and pro-vice-chancellor at York University.

List of medical journals here (possibly peer reviewed) in the British Medical Journal. They will be both for and against fluoridation as my search term was simply 'fluorosis'.

link

As I said, when I have more time tomorrow I will look further at it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

"Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it."
- Adolf Hitler

"Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century."
- Robert Carlton, Ph.D, former EPA scientist, 1992

The history of forcing fluoride on humans through the fluoridation of drinking water is wrought with lies, greed and deception. Governments that add fluoride to drinking water supplies insist that it is safe, beneficial and necessary, however, scientific evidence shows that fluoride is not safe to ingest and areas that fluoridate their drinking water supplies have higher rates of cavities, cancer, dental fluorosis, osteoporosis and other health problems. Because of the push from the aluminum industry, pharmaceutical companies and weapons manufacturers, fluoride continues to be added to water supplies all over North America and due to recent legal actions against water companies that fluoridate drinking water supplies, precedent has been set that will make it impossible for suits to be filed against water suppliers that fluoridate.

ARTICLE

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Two words... Revolution & Liberty

Prove the Americans right, once and for all.

O-315

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the slweb and bmj links, very interesting.

Admittedly I’ve only skimmed them so far and in most cases I’m working from extracts but the studies seems to range wildly from no effect either way, to some positive effects, some mild negative effects and some suggestion of serious negative effects relating to dental fluorosis (thought I’m not sure if this relates directly to water fluoridation).

To me this would suggest that more study is required into the area. But I don’t see reason to terrified of the practice.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

If we make it 300 more years, the human race will look back upon ours and weep for what we did to ourselves; eachother. Not only rat poison in the water supply. (Prozac is Fluoxetine)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join