It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invitation to ATS in hopes of spreading a positive message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Before i begin i would just like to invite any mod to move this to the appropriate catergaory as i wasnt quite sure were to place this.

I have always enjoyed topics on ATS, i rarely comment but i do love to lurk, unfortunantly lately a few threads have had be less than impressed. Basically i have seen a lot of ignorance towards qualities and traits that make people who they are- descrimination.
Worrying ThreadThis thread is the tip of the iceberg for me and now i feel i need to atleast try and heal this wound.

Descrimination aginst mental/racial/phyiscal or any other kind of difference is wrong, im sorry if you disagree but i just dont see how anyone should be treated like a lesser human being just for being who they are. This needs to stop ATS!

I invite all members of ATS who feel the same as i to share one such story about themselfs or someone they know ( can be as anonymous as you wish) at the hands of ignorant descrimination in hopes that some may see the error of there ways

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Elemensa]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't have a story to tell but I must say that I agree with you OP. It's getting harder each day to post on some of these threads because some are out of line. One would think with all the bad things happening around the world that things like that wouldn't be said on a site that is suppose to be a safehaven.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This forum does seem to have quite a few anti-Semitic threads, but I guess that's to be expected, as many conspiracy theorists believe Jews are responsible for all the world's problems, and the Zionist conspiracy to rule the world.
I just dismiss those threads off-hand, as there is no attempt at discussion, just hatred.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Theres something you reminded me off, i would of thought most of us came to ATS to discuss in an enviroment were we do not feel the need to fear and hide our belifes/idears let alone hide who we are at fear of being slanderd.

Although i have to add, i have found 99% of ATS to be a wonderfull and at most times very incitefull community.

top topics

join