It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Monica Conyers- Karl Rove's Nemesis Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Monica Conyers is the wife of Senator John Conyers. The same Senator that is going after Karl Rove. She seems to be one hell of a character. This investigation into her started a while back when Bush was in office.

Monica Conyers, the wife of John Conyers (D) Michigan’s 14th congressional district was named in an FBI bribery probe. John Conyers is the congressman who wants to move forward with criminal charges against former President Bush’s administration members.

monroerising.com...

Here is an article talking about retaliation by the White House.

Riddle said that, in his view, the investigation of Monica Conyers is retaliation for her husband's investigation of the Bush administration.

“I’m firmly convinced that there are elements in the U.S. attorney’s office who would love to make a case against anyone whose last name is Conyers, if for no other reason than to embarrass the chairman of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee,” Riddle told the Free Press. Riddle added: “Councilwoman Conyers can do that on her own without the assistance of the FBI. She’s demonstrated that time and time again."

Monica Conyers is a controversial figure, both in Detroit and Washington. The House ethics committee looked into allegations several years ago that Conyers was using his congressional staff to assist his wife's political campaign. The investigation was eventually concluded without any action taken, although Conyers was warned to be more cautious in the future.

www.politico.com...

Senator Conyers was accused of using his aides as babysitter and let off with a warning.

Congressman accused of using staff to baby-sit

www.cnn.com...

You may recall that last year, Conyers landed on Judicial Watch’s “Ten Most Corrupt Politicians” list as a “dishonorable mention.” Here’s why: It appears Conyers, who is now Chairman of the powerful House Judiciary Committee, repeatedly violated the law and House ethics rules, forcing his staff to serve as his personal servants, babysitters, valets, and as campaign workers while on the government payroll.

www.judicialwatch.org...

More crazy antics from Mrs. Conyers

Conyers all but acknowledged in the interview that she threw the insults at Kenyatta -- which included criticizing him for lacking a college degree and false rumors that he had cancer -- after he provoked her.

www.freep.com...

According to the police report, Milton alleges that Conyers “threatened to shoot (Milton) with her gun” and made “several aggressive movements” toward Milton “in a threatening manner.” He further alleges that she would “have my brothers (mess) you up.” The allegations are supported by David Clark, chair of Detroit’s General Retirement System as a witness.

jonathanturley.org... -criminal-threats/

Arguing with an eight grader

www.matthewktabor.com...

Could the investigation into Senator Conyer's wife be the reason John Conyers is so intent on going after the Bush administration, especially Karl Rove?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by jam321]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Monica Conyers is a poor excuse for a woman. I knew nothing about her until I started getting invovled with the Kwame Kilpatrick scandal. She's been in bar fights. She's quite the lady.
She is unprofessional and one wonders how she got on the city council? Controversial is putting it mildly.

Here she is arguing with Ken Cockrel and calling him Schreck.

Last I read, she was being investigated by the FBI.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I was reading about that one.

Guess we know who wears the pants in that family.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
this is a better soap opera than days of ouyr lives,, or general hospital

all while many americans become homeless

when will we learn to vote out all incumbents

new topics

top topics

join