It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Sean doesn't scream, and I noticed in your list of criminals, his name wasn't there.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have any dirt on him. He hasn't done anything wrong....yet. I couldn't list Bill O'Reily either. As far as I know he hasn't done anything criminal besides almost killing Al Franken at that news conference....

Rubberband gun thread....I'm not familiar with this. I shall look.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Bill O'Reilly...
I can't stand that guy anymore, he's become far to arrogant, and just attacks his opponents, doesn't debate the issues anymore. He used to, but then his program got high ratings. O'Reilly, dispite that he told his producer he wanted my grandfather on the show because he wanted the truth, is an arrogant spin master. He doesn't lie when he says the spin stops here. He just doesn't tell the whole truth. When a wheel is spinning one way, and is made to spin the other way, it does, for a moment, stop.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Bill O'Reilly...
I can't stand that guy anymore, he's become far to arrogant, and just attacks his opponents, doesn't debate the issues anymore. He used to, but then his program got high ratings. O'Reilly, dispite that he told his producer he wanted my grandfather on the show because he wanted the truth, is an arrogant spin master. He doesn't lie when he says the spin stops here. He just doesn't tell the whole truth. When a wheel is spinning one way, and is made to spin the other way, it does, for a moment, stop.

If you don't mind me asking, who's your grandfather? I mean, what made O'Reilly want him on the show?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Don't mind at all. Grandfather is David Schippers, this is what he talked about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

That reminds me.... Why is it that all conservative politicians/pundits seem to have the same "look". I mean they're like cookie cutter clones. Same haircuts, for the most part brunettes, no facial hair, same dress style, same bland average looks, for the most part white males. When they're getting ready to have a political debate on one of the news stations I can tell which person is the conservative just by looking at them....with about 95 percent accuracy.

I know that look. Like they've taken a bath in the past week.

Can't say the same for what few liberal talk show hosts there are. I've tried to see if it's just my personal bias, but I don't think it is. All the liberal talk show hosts (mainly on Air America) don't really have any dirt on them. They don't claim to be moral upstanding citizens...definatly not Randi Rhodes...
Unlike their right-wing counterparts, they tend to use humor and satire to get their point across, not screaming. Er...for the most part. Mike Malloy screams alot.

______

Randi Rhodes sounds like she's got a mouth full of spit all the time. Very annoying.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dan't really understand the point of your post, JSO...Care to edit it and elaborate on your points, for the sake of discussion?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Bill O'Reilly...
I can't stand that guy anymore, he's become far to arrogant, and just attacks his opponents, doesn't debate the issues anymore.

O'Reilly is one of the most arrogant tv personalities I have ever seen. Words can't describe his level of smugness.

But for screamers, I think Michael Savage takes the cake.... He has some anger control issues.... like when he lost his TV show after he told a caller "I hope you catch aids and die." What a wing-nut...

Hannity is a very good broadcaster, but I disagree with alot of his opinions.
Fox needs to replace Colmes with James Carville! Now that would be something that would have me tuning in everynight!! It would be a pit-bull fight!

Agreed with the Limbaugh assesment. Self righteous racist. He really put his foot in his mouth durring his short NFL stint. lol!

In the end though, they are all pretty arrogant....... the only thing worse than a left-winger telling you how you should live your life is a right winger telling you how you should live your life

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One more thing,

The john stewart show has been doing a bit where they have children read transcripts of these pundit talk-shows. It is really hilarious to hear some of those statements come out of a child's mouth!!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Dan't really understand the point of your post, JSO...Care to edit it and elaborate on your points, for the sake of discussion?

_______
Well, I was responding to Flinx's post that all conservatives look the same. Lame attempt at humor...my apologies.

Secondly, tho, Randi Rhodes is very difficult to listen to. She needs to dry out her mouth a bit, seriously.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow, I'm learning a lot of names in conservative talk radio through this thread. And I'm also learning that everyone has constructive criticism agains those talk radio hosts, except for Sean. Disagreeing with a viewpoint, in my arguement, isn't criticism, because it's going to happen.

If the Bush platform did decide to campaign on talk radio, and they have, in fact, chosen Hannity, it sounds like they made a good choice. Sean Hannity, though wrong in mnay people's eyes, is respectable. Rush, Savage (he just gets tiresome) and their ilk really aren't.

And unfortunatelly, I never caught Rush doing the NFL thing...Do remember the comment that made national media, but didn't bother looking into it because I think the guy's a f*** anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Secondly, tho, Randi Rhodes is very difficult to listen to. She needs to dry out her mouth a bit, seriously.

I like Randi Rhodes the best out of all the people on Air America. I agree that she is a bit hard to listen to sometimes. What do you you expect, she's from Brooklyn.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

And unfortunatelly, I never caught Rush doing the NFL thing...Do remember the comment that made national media, but didn't bother looking into it because I think the guy's a f*** anyway.

It was classic. Here is the quote from BET:

�The media has been very desirous that a Black quarterback do well.� �There is a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn�t deserve.� The defense carried this team.� ~EL Rushbo

He just could not stick to the game facts, he had to bring in things that really don't matter. McNabb playing well is what matters, not his skin color.

He was not much of a commentator anyway, no great loss to the NFL.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If the Bush platform did decide to campaign on talk radio, and they have, in fact, chosen Hannity, it sounds like they made a good choice. Sean Hannity, though wrong in mnay people's eyes, is respectable. Rush, Savage (he just gets tiresome) and their ilk really aren't.

Hannity is not too respectable, IMO. He is the same as Rush and many other talk show host. They only push party lines and the only thing they have a problem with Bush on is the scapegoat illegal immigration policy. Everyday I hear it. (We don't get any humorous talk radio here. And I deliver pizza...) "Well, you know...I am fair. Look, I disagree with Bush on plenty of things...like his stance on illegal immigration. Oh, and also illegal immigration. Did I mention his policy on illegal immigration." They push that line all day when they are challenged. They don't even try to change it up. There is only one exception to that, that I have found. Michael Savage tells his reasons all the time how much he does not like Bush. And Savage is always consistant, thus far. (Have only been listening to him for about 6 months) He is far from the bigot that many have made him look like. He is the only one I think is sincere on the radio and is actually speaking from himself, not a party. This is all IMO...

Oh and btw, I do agree that Hannity would be great to campaign with. He get hella large ratings. And has a reasonably sharp audience...at least those who call talk radio that is...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OX, I'm going to look into Hannity and see if he's differend with Bush on anything else. He did say, the day after Bush's press conference, that he never answered any of the questions, he just stated exactly what his original speach was about, but then he did defend his actions based on all the questions trying to make Bush admit guilt. [--- That topic is for another thread, I'm sure we have differing opinions, but mine were based on what I saw, not Sean Hannity, and I'm sure yours were based on what you saw.

As far as campaigning on Hannity, too, there's more to it. Despite his radical opinions, the main stream looks at him as being more moderate. You show up on Limbaugh's show, you're out with the middle of the roaders. Somehow, Hannity has been able to have many (most) of the same opinions Rush does (never heard Sean attack a race of people. I've heard Rush talk of turning the sand to glass
) but to appear on his show isn't political death.

I found that interesting, and started to do some research on why that was. Most times, Sean and Rush agree 100%. The difference, though, is Rush just lays into people who call and disagree with insults and personal attacks. I've heard Rush say that after that last caller, I'm thinking of changing my stance on abortion.

That might get laughs from the ultra-righters, but I have never heard Sean Hannity lower himself to that level. The man has integrety. When callers call him and disagree with him, he argues the points, and doesn't let the conversation degrade into mud flinging. And every time, every time I have heard him take a dissenting call that didn't resort to the name calling but debated him the way he dabated them, he has said "I think you for your call, and really do value your opinion." Sometimes he's even gone as far as to say they obviously did their research into both sides, and their opinion is justified." Wow, imagine that coming from the mouth of Rush Limbaugh! I'd run out and buy a lottery ticket right then and there!

And if I don't find anything else Sean has disagreed with the president on, I would just like to point one thing out: It is possible that he genuinely agrees with most of Bush's actions. He's obviously a far right wing conservative, I've been told I am as well. I don't have a media outlet, but for the most part, I agree with everything Bush has been doing, or trying to do. I may not agree with the way he implements it, but I do typically agree with the concept. Just because someone goes along party lines doesn't make them uninformed or an intellectually dishonest party supporter. I do my research, and have formed the opinions I have based on that research and my experience with the human psyche.

Last point sound wierd? Both of our viewpoints on paper work. Communism worked, pure cappitalism worked. afirmative action worked, non-affirmative action worked. We need to take the human element, how do we believe people are going to use this, to decide where we stand on a political issue. Some people think give business a tax break so they can hire more people, giving them money to buy more goods, improving the economy. Some people think give the lower and middle class the tax cut allowing them to buy more, increasing the economy, and allowing businesses to hire more people. Both theories work on paper, where politics comes in is deciding which people are more likely to do.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Personally I think Sean Hannity is an a$$hole.

Dont even get me started on that guy.

There... thats what I think.

Well , that sums up my opinion as well.

I do want to explain tho that once you have a grasp on the BIG picture, propagandists that pose as journalists stand out. PoliTRIX is a scam, and the woefully outdated labels of right/left, conservative/liberal, democrat/republican are soon to be a thing of the past.
People in the news media should not push one side or the other, they should report straight news. Ocelot seems to do a pretty good job of that, so it cant be that hard.
J/K Ocelot.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aware
People in the news media should not push one side or the other, they should report straight news.

That is one of the most intelligent observations I have ever read on this site.

There is a huge difference between reporting the news and an op-ed, politicaly-fueled stance. (ala Fox)

Fox ruined the news.

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Originally posted by aware
People in the news media should not push one side or the other, they should report straight news.

That is one of the most intelligent observations I have ever read on this site.

There is a huge difference between reporting the news and an op-ed, politicaly-fueled stance. (ala Fox)

Fox ruined the news.

Ok, I'm going to comment on the quote, and the quote of a quote. Yes, the news should be reported straight up, but Sean Hannity makes no claims of being a news show, he's an opinion program. If we can't have opinion programs on the air because people might mistake them for news programs, we should just throw the first ammendment out the window. People mistake things all the time.

As for Fox ruining the news, I'll give you that they have a right-wing bias. CNN, which has been around a lot longer, has a left wing bias. So does NPR. So does, to a much lesser extent, MSNBC. To blame bias in the media on the stations that have differing opinions then yourself but not the ones who you agree with is a short road to deception, and accepting ignorance.

We need to take the political blinders off. Both sides have their fingers in the honey pot.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

As for Fox ruining the news, I'll give you that they have a right-wing bias. CNN, which has been around a lot longer, has a left wing bias. So does NPR. So does, to a much lesser extent, MSNBC. To blame bias in the media on the stations that have differing opinions then yourself but not the ones who you agree with is a short road to deception, and accepting ignorance.

We need to take the political blinders off. Both sides have their fingers in the honey pot.

My comment on Fox ruining the news was not aimed at their right-wing slant, but at the way they changed the news. If you watch a news cast, pre-Fox and compare it to todays methods, the differences are astounding. No video game sound effects and graphics or little op-ed parts inserted by the anchor or producers.....just the news reported as facts instead of slants. (Ala Murrow style)

Just give it to me straight doc......

I cannot stand most of the reporting styles of NPR, Fox, CNN etc. I just want the news straight to the point. The BBC seems to stick with just reporting the facts...... a dying art in my opinion.

The only troubling part to me is that alot of people cannot seem to tell the difference betweem Op-Ed pundit ramblings and news. That is frightening.

NPR's "All things Considered" and Rush Limbaugh are not news, they are opinions.

The net seems to be the last bastion of just getting the facts.....for now.

Ra

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
er, I mean FOXNews!!! They are so blatantly skewed to the ultra-right its not even funny anymore!!! Fair and balanced my arse!!!

If America wants to hear some truth for a change tune into AirAmericaRadio.com and listen to intelligent people discuss real issues rather than a bunch of talkingheads yelling over liberal guests to make themselves feel more important!!!

The American people have been lied to long enough!!! It's time for a true and real voice of average Americans to be heard and yell back at the neo-con facist!!!

Take back America for real Americans!!!

It is "WE THE PEOPLE NOT WE THE CORPORATIONS!!!"

KERRY 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
__

Over the past few weeks I've seen some lousy examples of reporting from all sides, regarding the 9/11 hearings and Bush's latest speech. These poor tactics were discussed by talk shows, and if I heard it once, I heard it three times, they say "It's our job" to report sensationalism, go for the throat, do anything to get a byline, etc. I find that disgusting and embarassing. I say give me the facts, unbiased, boring, maybe, but that's the way I like it.

BTW, a frequent caller to Hannity's show is a guy named Marty...who is this guy? They seem to be good friends.
_____

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join