It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know what most orbs REALLY are.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First I'm going to say that this might not count for every orb people see. But it does explain a lot of what we see.

I've always had orbs in my pictures come up every now and again. Some are really strange. So a couple of nights I saw a few more, and so I did a quick experiment. My conclusion was:

Orbs = Are dust that's "really" close to the camera.

I've heard this before. But wasn't sure until a couple of nights ago.

Here is one of many pictures from the past of an orb that made me wonder. This is from my little brothers room.

Here are the pictures I did a couple of nights ago, while lying down in my little sisters room.

This shows one orb.

My experiment was to shake a blanket to see if more orbs would appear. And as you can see, more orbs!

I did this a few times to make sure, taking a picture of a couple of orbs, and after shaking a blanket and there would be a LOT more orbs instead. Try this at home with a "flash" camera.

I also could see the tiny orbs right in front of the camera when I looked carefully as the camera flashed.

Well there ya go. Proof of one explanation of why we see orbs in our pictures.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I have to agree with you. Most orb photos are just dust. You can really see the bits of dust if you are in the dark with a flash on. You can seem them right through the viewfinder and of course, they show up in your shot.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Moisture in the air has a similar effect.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I got the exact same effect but in a swimming pool with a waterproof camera.

More splashing = more orbs

From the photos it is hard to tell they are water drops because they are out of focus so much, but really I was just splashing and taking a photo of the spash at very close range.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah thats definetly dust..

Ive seen a few photos of orbs, and they look nothing like that. The ones I saw were bright and they werent floating around, they were stationary on the ground. Unfortunatly these werent my photos, just a family friends so i cant upload them.

As for the 'multi-dimensional entities' they do have the same characteristics as your dust. Just saying....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
i feel like i'm in a freaking world full of superstitious cave-men when i see that a thread like this has to be done to prove that photo-orbs are dust.

of course they are..

well done OP.

but it's just embarrassing that we have to do this ...
makes me think so low of the average joe's intelligence level...
in that something OTHER than dust.. would be the first conclusion to this...
and that MANY people would follow that path of conviction.

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments guys.

Originally posted by scorps

As for the 'multi-dimensional entities' they do have the same characteristics as your dust. Just saying....

What would those characteristics be?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
i feel like i'm in a freaking world full of superstitious cave-men when i see that a thread like this has to be done to prove that photo-orbs are dust.

of course they are.. well done OP.

but it's just embarrassing that we have to do this ...
makes me think so low of the average joe's intelligence level...
in that something OTHER than dust.. would be the first conclusion to this...
and that MANY people would follow that path of conviction.
-

I agree completely, not just for any 'superstition' aspect, but also because the idea that 'orbs are merely dusts' and demonstrations of it have been around since they first started appearing on digital cameras.

With all due respect to the OP, this is hardly a revelation.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...(photographic)
Backscatter.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

With all due respect to the OP, this is hardly a revelation.

I never said it was a revelation. I already said I've heard this before, but I see a lot of orb threads anyway. So I'm just sharing what I did to prove it to myself.

That is all.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Would dust do this? Sit on a stage? Here is a picture I took a couple of years ago. This is just one of many I have that shows that true orbs have substance. I agree that dust does create an orb effect, but orbs do exist. Some of us see them with the naked eye. You can also ask them to position themselves in a certain spot and they will. And no, you won't need to take hundreds of shots before this happens. One shot should confirm they have responded to your request. There are lots of things around us we are unaware of. Strange for some to understand, but to those who see and hear, true x

top topics

join