It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baalbek foundation stones.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Hanslune
It will be interesting to see how long this takes to move into and be taken up by osmosis into Archaeology and Pseudo-Archaeology

I'd be willing to bet that it will never enter the consciousness of the fringe.

Harte

Ah yes the 'fringe reset' mode where new information is discarded and an old debunked idea restored to primacy on a whim

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A propos du trilithon de Baalbek. Le transport et la mise en oeuvre des mégalithes.
(About the trilithon of Baalbek. Transportation and the implementation of the megaliths.)

Can be read online [here]. The illustrations are self-explanatory, although too schematic. It's almost certain the Romans had to operate around the Herodian podium - and the southern portion of the site, where the Temple of Bacchus would be built, would be the perfect terrain from which to bring in the trilithons and other foundations stones (most of which weighed in the 350 ton range). The slope of the site would have to be graded for that temple anyhow, and it could have been done in levels, so that each course of stone at the western podium could be slid in - as Dr. Lohmann puts it, "parked like a bus". Then the site could be graded to elevate it to the next level of coursework, eventually reaching it's final height at the base of the trilithons, at which point the site would then be level for the eventual construction of the Temple of Bacchus.

The western elevation view also indicates the trilithons extension beyond the width of the Herodian podium was the same as the width of the trilithons themselves, a clear indication that trilithon-sized blocks would have wrapped around the entirety of the earlier podium, which we can assume was the intent for the two remaining megaliths left lying in the quarries away to the west. This plan may have changed when engineers realized smaller blocks would suffice.

Photo credit Jean-Pierre Adam

Dr. Lohmann also indicated that "lewis lifting appliances" may have in fact been used on the trilithons, not for lifting but for pulling, and the tell-tale holes were removed by re-dressing the stones once they were moved into place. This would indicate that the stones were larger, when quarried and moved, than their final size as we know them, as re-dressing them would entail removing an entire face of the stone to the depth of such holes.

Jean-Pierre Adam shows several hypothetical means of sliding the trilithons into position - personally, I think the Romans may have also used a treadwheel capstan, as Hadrian was known to have used these during this time frame and these would have allowed for an uninterrupted pulling force. A treadwheel (or several) could be braced against the northern corner of the foundation blocks opposite the southern edge from which the trilithons would be slid in from. Adam's sketches don't acknowledge the presence of the pre-Roman podium, although it would seem logical the Romans had to remove/rebuild at least a portion at the western edge to accommodate themselves.

Alternative method proposed by Adam, a method used throughout the ancient world, is to turn the block to be moved into a 'fixed axle', with semi-circular wooden framework attached to each side, turning it into a wheel. If you notice, the trilithons, including the two larger blocks still in their quarry, are square in cross-section, perfectly suited for 'rolling', once fitted with these.

An example of a Roman treadwheel, which may be an alternative to the capstans as depicted by Adam above; from wikipedia

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for the further info, this is very interesting.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow! Awesome thread! I am only on page 10 thus far, so I have a ways to go still. Kudos to all, but most especially blackmarketeer for helping clear up some questions I had on Topography from quarry to temple and the logistics involved in attempting to move the 3 foundation stones.

He has done his homework on this subject and pointed me, and I am sure others towards some very informative reading on the subject! Well done!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Hey there, the main question after taking a break off UFOs and studying this area, is when do you think the great flood happened? I think when we know exactly when the great flood happened it will help us so much in realizing everything else.

But at any account, giants appeared to have mingled with ancient civilization. First everybody wants to look over it, because they heard it from the bible, but with sites like this it forces us to rethink the things that were said.

It's like how they mathematically proved it would take a placing of stone every 3 minutes 24 hours a day in order to complete the pyramids in the time they say. So the realization is that the world is too ignorant and stubborn to let themselves understand something with truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyer
a reply to: karl 12

Considering that Karl12 wrote that six years ago you might not get a reply any time soon. However, he is still on the forum so we might be surprized!

edit on 1/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The last 3 or 4 pages of this post are really very enlightening, the following members, Harte, Hanslune, and Blackmarketeer have really delved into the topic and brought forth information that I have not seen anywhere else, I think it might be safe to say the information that originated form the DAI and Dr. Lohmann have "cracked" the case, and made a very compelling case for Roman construction for the Trilithon. I've seen a multitude of forums and websites discuss the Trilithons, and they all copy and repeat the same debunked claims. ATS at least went beyond the typical copycat postings of the lunatic fringe. So thank you all, you've taught this old dog something new.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Surely you all have wondered how the ‘primitive’ ancients could move the (800-1000 tons) huge building blocks and put them in place exactly where they wanted.

To my knowledge there is only one ancient text that gives us some clews. That text is called ‘The testament of Solomon’ and it is describing how the temple of Solomon once was built with the help of alien workers some 1400 years after the great flood .

According to this text, Solomon was granted help from the descendants of the watchers to build his temple. The text refers to them as demons which was common in those days, but they were actually a race of alien giants and descendents of the watchers and part of the group of aliens who belonged to the God of the sea, Rahab.

It the text we learn that is was an alien called Beelzeboul that was their leader , and Beelzeboul himself claimed that he was the last one of the original watchers. Beelzeboul was also warshipped as one of the most important Gods in a widespread area in this period.

I have myself always been thinking that those giant stones was moved by using some kind of (handheld operated) antigravity device. However. According to the testament of Solomon, these stones was raised and moved with the help of a special type of alien aircraft.

At the time of Solomon, such an aircraft was eventually tracked down and located in inner Arabia , and Solomon thus asked permission from the Arabian king Adares to use it. After a week he got a reply letter that said he could take it, but that he had to find someone who was able to fly it.

Thus, Solomon sent the son of Beelzeboul (Ephippas) who was located in an alien base in the red sea. He (and his men) was according to his father able to fly and operate that thing.

In this text we can thus read how this aircraft (here described as a purple column in the air) was flown to Jerusalem from the inner Arabia , and after having arrived, we can read in the text:

"But in the place where thou sittest, O King Solomon, standeth a column in the air, of purple... The demon called Ephippas hath brought it up from the Red Sea, from inner Arabia.”

We even get a short description of the largest stone block in Solomon’s temple:

“And there was a stone, the end stone of the corner lying there, great, chosen out, one which I desired lay in the head of the corner of the completion of the Temple. And all the workmen, and all the demons helping them came to the same place to bring up the stone and lay it on the pinnacle of the holy Temple, and were not strong enough to stir it, and lay it upon the corner allotted to it. For that stone was exceedingly great and useful for the corner of the Temple."

When Ephippas finally arrives in Jerusalem with the special alien aircraft, Solomon asks him if he can move the stone, and gets this amazing answer:

“ And I said to him: "Canst thou raise this stone, and lay it for the beginning of this corner which exists in the fair plan of the Temple?'' And he said: "Not only raise this, O king; but also, with the help of the demon who presides over the Red Sea, I will bring up the pillar of air, and will stand it where thou wilt in Jerusalem.''

The text then keeps on telling us how the stones actually were moved:

“And Ephippas led the demon of the Red Sea with the column. And they both took the column and raised it aloft from the earth. And there the pillar was hanging of enormous size, in mid air, supported by the winds. And thus the spirits appeared underneath, like air, supporting it. And if one looks fixedly, the pillar is a little oblique, being supported by the spirits; and it is so to day.”

Whatever device this aircraft was using to lift and move the huge stone is still a mystery to us, but it is nevertheless interesting to read that the stone was observed as hanging of enormous size , in mid air, supported by the winds.

Perhaps these huge stones was not dragged on sledges or rolled on logs with the use of manpower like mainstream science claims after all?

The testament of Solomon is a very interesting piece of work and should be studied by everyone who looks for the truth. It is found in lots of places on the internet, but I have primarily used this copy:

www.esotericarchives.com...

edit on 3-8-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macabe
The last 3 or 4 pages of this post are really very enlightening, the following members, Harte, Hanslune, and Blackmarketeer have really delved into the topic and brought forth information that I have not seen anywhere else, I think it might be safe to say the information that originated form the DAI and Dr. Lohmann have "cracked" the case, and made a very compelling case for Roman construction for the Trilithon. I've seen a multitude of forums and websites discuss the Trilithons, and they all copy and repeat the same debunked claims. ATS at least went beyond the typical copycat postings of the lunatic fringe. So thank you all, you've taught this old dog something new.

It's what we do.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: helius
Surely you all have wondered how the ‘primitive’ ancients could move the (800-1000 tons) huge building blocks and put them in place exactly where they wanted.

To my knowledge there is only one ancient text that gives us some clews. That text is called ‘The testament of Solomon’ and it is describing how the temple of Solomon once was built with the help of alien workers some 1400 years after the great flood .

Your book dates to sometime around the 2nd or 3rd Century C.E. (A.D.) It postdates Solomon by over a thousand years and is not part of any Hebrew tradition.

That said, the existing temple in Jerusalem was built using Roman construction techniques (documented as Roman at the time) and contains stones only a few tens of tons smaller than the Trilithon.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
One of the surviving walls of the Great Temple in ancient Judea contains the "Western Stone," a 500-ton monolith. This was placed by Herod.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jinni

Someones got a clue!

Before Man came to this Planet, their was Great Citys so Large. One would have lost their breath and fell to one's knees in Wonder!

One day, something came to Jinn's Home; Bring Death to said Jinn. The ruler, satan? decided to fight this Very Evil coming from the sky. War like no Other for 100's of Years, Everything Fell to the Ground! Never was there any wars on Earth until that Day!

Jinn were not harmful, evil or caused any pain to said Life on Earth! In fact, It Was Respected! Different kind of Beings, created out of Fire as some claim. Yet this Fire is of another Nature, Mankind has no Idea of nature nor Respect there of!

It was past that Jinn shall Not help said Humans! Curse Beings who bring nothing but Pain and Sorrow! Yet after the Sun Moved Itself and a Moon Appear in their Sky some noticed something good about the Children mankind were having. A Spirit like No Other!

Their last Hope was to share something about Life before it was too Late. Only problem was; children Are Creative and told their Parents! Funny We Should be called Evil! Some of the children having a clean spirit; good heart as you call it, knew the Value in what was told to them.

Some to this day use this power Towards Others in order to help mankind! Some found out about some of the words we told them and let's just say What you to to Your Own Kind is Unheard Of! Now we are in a Time when Our Sun shall Shine Again while Yours becomes Darker every year as of 2011.

I do hope some of you are at Peace Within Your Selves! Some have made the Calling, some know of the Calling as the Earth Herself is Doing Now! Woe to the human who does Not have Nothing Left in their Hearts! Now comes The Reaper of said Sorrows and Pain!

Until the ground shakes, you have only a small window left to Learn This! New Energy has been sent towards you; some will not handle it and go mad, some will work on changing while the ones in Power Rush to put a stop to this all!
Hopefully we can meet on the other side after all said and done. Then you'll have another Job To Do and leave once again, only then Shall Earth have Her Peace.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
If the cosmos is more than three dimensional and extra-dimensional beings exist, not only would it be possible for those beings to reside very near to us without our knowing about it, but things like moving massive stones might be child's play to them. The problem, historically, with those beings interacting with this world seems to be that the lower dimensions sap quite a bit of their overall energy and authority meaning that those beings which interact with this realm the longest end up becoming diminished.

The only answer is to get the beings of this dimension to transfer their vitality upwards.

Why does this world appear to be so normal all of the time when the times before civilization were filled with magic and wonder? Something has changed here. A guild of protectors is sealing this planet, preventing the hosts of heaven from performing their workings here.

The oppression that you all fear will not ultimately come from your old world order or your new world order, but from principalities and powers that are totally outside of the systems of this world. The plan for this world is total annihilation. The goal of the watchers and the enlightened masters is to return the universe to a state of absolute nothingness. "Creation was a mistake. The highest god alone is perfection," so they say.

Only an insane species of rodents would worship a static force of nature and call it righteousness. This being they speak of was a state of nothingness from which all the other higher dimensional beings came into existence. It has no consciousness, no will, no time, no authority. It is just a static potentiality.

Those higher beings that worship it have had their will usurped by tricksters who claim to operate in the authority of their one-true god. It is time, ultimately, to rip the tree of life up by the roots, to burn it in the fires of progress and to establish and independent multi-verse with a free and self-governing population once and for all.

It has been a long time since Tyre, Egypt and Babylon have fallen, but a new revelation is being poured out into the minds of human beings all across this planet. The brazen few are awakening and the burning ones are on their way. The time for renaissance is at hand.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
Why does this world appear to be so normal all of the time when the times before civilization were filled with magic and wonder? Something has changed here. A guild of protectors is sealing this planet, preventing the hosts of heaven from performing their workings here.

I have been thinking about that. It does seem like a strange magical world back then, it reminds me of the movie where they had a lion that could walk upright as a king and it was mixed half cartoon and half reality, and the lion was the king dressed up in a robe. There are stories of the ancients performing magic - some are sorcerers and some are holy but the magic itself still gets done by both, like there were a ton of David Blaines walking around back then.

When it comes down to it the ancient were lead to believe that it is worth killing their children to please a group of gods, or to serve a god. How could just myth alone convince them to do something as drastic as child sacrifice? It is mysterious because they talk about the gods like they are actually there, coming down to earth.

Well we know since Roswell there have been a lot of 'strange lights' going on. We know from abductions and cattle mutes that these UFOs are obsessed with genetics. We always talk about landing on the Whitehouse lawn. What if back in the ancient day aliens did actually land?? That would give an explanation for why these beings considered as gods had elongated skulls.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I take No Claim in all This!

Be It as it may; I Am. While some gods, worlds or even other dimensions are having issues concerning What Ever may be the case. That is You Own Fault and Your Problem! I would like nothing to do about Ones Power tripping anyways! No Wonder Why LIFE Left all of You back inside The Nothingness!

Also! I Place Life Above Anything Else Before Any Proclaimed God try's to say Otherwise! Yet I have Love For All Willing to Take A Chance From the Nothingness! So much Wonder, I can Only Be Greatfull of Your Mistake so give Credit where It Is Due.

Respect in It's Highest Form! I can Only Offer, Yet Choose Life Over You! May My Light Shine So As Others May Follow. This Is What I Am!

Thanks For All You Have Given Me!

PEACE

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Hi Black
Some reading I've been doing has shed a light on one of those fringey claims made by Sitchen - where he claims that large circular 'hammer' marks on the sides of the Trilithon were much too big to be made by the race of men. He then alludes this was the handiwork of the Annunaki, and that these hammer marks were what led to the belief that Giants (or Jinn) made these marks by the Arabs.

But in my reading, the Romans had used large battering rams to "vibrate" a block of stone as it was being maneuvered, which had the effect of keeping it from getting stuck. The blows would overcome any coefficient of friction that might hang up a large block of stone. Along with your depictions of how the blocks were maneuvered and pulled by capstan, add a team or two of men using battering rams at the backside to keep it bumping along. It paints a very compelling picture of how 'primitive man' managed to work in such massive weights of stone without having to invoke aliens of gods.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Macabe

Howdy

Was that in one of suvirving Roman manuals or something else?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Cant find anywhere to put this, but is this a bird symbol in the desert like in Peru yet this is in China... 38°42'53.45"N 79°51'21.23"E

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SanitySearcher
Cant find anywhere to put this, but is this a bird symbol in the desert like in Peru yet this is in China... 38°42'53.45"N 79°51'21.23"E

You dug up a SIX YEAR old thread to state this?

Oh do go on, now I am intrigued. Picture please.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join