It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK may get cash injection 'soon'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
BBC NEWS LINK

A government minister has suggested that plans to inject more cash into the economy could happen "quite soon". Treasury Secretary Stephen Timms told the BBC the government and the Bank of England were in talks regarding so-called quantitative easing.

Here we go again .... ding ding round 3 ... 3 strikes you're out!
U.K is going for its 3rd bailout plan and i for one have had enough!!

I can no longer look at my 6 and 5 year old in the face without thinking of the gross tax rates my children and their children are going to suffer for decades to come.

We can no longer sit by and let them steal money from us and generations of our families that have not even been born yet!

This is the third Attempt in the U.K ... IT DOES NOT WORK PTB!!!!! , not only do the bailout's not work... THE FRIKKEN SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK !!!!! profits and commissions have been hyper inflated and half if not most of the frikken money does not even exist!!!!

Let it go!!! no high profits , no credit flowing like cheap wine .....

Sorry for the rant folks but i am past the limit .....

The hope is that this would encourage banks to lend to consumers, who would spend more, helping economic recovery.

if i had a dollar every time i heard them say this in the U.K .. i would have .. well 3 dollars .. didn't work first or second time won't work this time coz simply put the whole system is F@#!ed

Enough is enough and this U.K citizen must and will do what ever i can to combat this! stop the world i wanna get off!!!!1

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
you start the revolution ..i will follow.

What do you suggest we do about it??

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
TBH, economic stimulus and cash injections into economies by means of different forms of infrastructure development have proven to be extremely successful in the past for pulling countries out of recessions.

While the taxpayer pays for it, it is an investment in their country and therefore their standard of living.

Bank Bailout = Unfair.
Well planned economic stimulus injection = Good and profitable.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They say the bank bailout has cost £35,000 for every taxpayer.

Now surely if the government had given all tax payers £35K that would have been far more productive!

People would have had money to spend, so conumer spending would have increased, some people would have put money in savings, so injecting it into the banking system, those who couldn't get a mortgage because of no deposit would have had a deposit, people would have been buying cars and going on holidays.

Come on Grdon, give up your failing attempts to stimulate the economy and give those of us who pay taxes some dosh to stimulate it for you!

top topics

join