It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Directly Blame SkepticOverlord…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
…And the rest of the Administration, Staff and Members of ATS.

I joined this site on June 12, 2006 and have participated in numerous discussions. I have seen things that have made me angry, disgusted, sick and outraged. I have been directly challenged, called out and on a few occasions berated and insulted for my thoughts beliefs and opinions. I have disagreed with actions and stances taken on this board and policies that have been implemented. I have even had a post removed and points (not that I care about those) deducted for defending a member from what I took as an unwarranted attack, because that post of mine was not very civil. But this just takes the cake.

I was looking at my profile today and I find that this is marks my one thousandth post. A minor milestone for some, but I was surprised. I stumbled across this site while looking up information to use in a pen and paper roleplaying game which I ended up never running. After seeing the civility and decorum and the open exchange of ideas, I signed up. Not everything on here is pretty nor is it for everyone. But I applaud you all (sorry no points with that) for challenging me to think, expand, share and grow.

And here is to hoping that I do not take another nearly three years to throw out the next thousand posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Congratulations! Just goes to show you...,

something... I'm not sure what.. but... well, there you have it!

Seriously though, I'm sure most of us are glad you stuck around!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well I blame you and everyone else who posts on ATS and BTS.
I mean really, do you guys have to be so darn informative, speculative, argumentative, entertaining, funny, and downright crazy?? (you know who are..)

[edit on 2-21-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't know how many posts I got
but i'm I guess it's over 400 now

ATS is still the best site on the internet by far

I got warnings as well, almost banned

But in the end, I see why they chose to do so
It only took me time to get used to a well moderated forum
because I wasn't used to it to this extent

ATS is good and well managed imo
I am no longer an active participant in any other site on the net

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ok here's my info

Threads Started: 341
Total Replies: 5,704
Applause: 8
Flagged: 1,400 times

More posts than I thought LOLLLLL
1227????
Are you serioussssss
hahhahahha

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

so basically your a happy camper, or in NWO speak, your a happy squatter

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
nice post, i was trying to understand what you were saying at the start then it all unfolded at the end, well written.

i think my post cont is a bit over 100, mods if you could just chuck another "0" on the end.

*slides a $50 note under the table*

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This thread is off topic and should be moved to the......... just kidding.

Since you're not banned yet, I know you can do better! You're either with us or against us or riding the fence eating popcorn. There's plenty of popcorn for everybody and the resulting thirst for knowledge. Okay I forgot where I was going with this, but at least I contributed lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

I stumbled across this site while looking up information to use in a pen and paper roleplaying game which I ended up never running.

sorry to deviate a bit oftopic, just curious about the rpg.. it wouldn't happen to have been Shadowrun?

nice thread

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yeah the place does have a way of sucking you in after all. Now some might find the above to be a bit of apple polishing but after hearing all the complaints, I just figured it would be nice to read something nice for a change.

Don't worry, I'll go back to my old self dropping opinions that are pro, con or unique (just a bit 'off' some would say) soon enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Congrats on the milestone! Couldn't help but stop in thanks to the subversive title. A wonderfully written post worthy of recognition in and of itself

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Congrats on making it to 1000 posts. That is a milestone by anyone's standards.

This place does have a way of growing on you. Some day's it brings out your best and I can promise you, some days it brings out your worst. (I never could get the hang of not posting while drunk.)

I have received many kind words when I was right and I've been raked over the coals when I was wrong but always, always, the good people here have kept me informed.

Still, I blame SkepticOverlord as well. "Never trust a lunatic with a dream. There are too many rabbit holes that he can lead you down." (That goes for Simon and Springer as well.)

It's good to have friends like the one's I've made here.

Love and light,

wupy

[edit on 21-2-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nicely said.

I spend a great deal of my time on ATS pulling my hair out.
If I had to deal with some posters here face to face I'd be in for assault.
It's good for me though. I end up seeing things in different ways and sometimes even changing a bit. Mostly for the better.
1 grand ...... congrats.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You sonofa, you made me come in here and read THIS garbage!!?!?!

J/K bro, congrats on your milestone, you have some very intelligent insights and I welcome your opinion any day.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

U2U sent to spare people from a bit of geekdom back and forth over merits and flaws of various systems. But I will add that I am really liking BRP for lots of things now. Something to be said about percentile systems.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Your up to 1000 posts lol I guess I should have spent more time at ats over the last 8 years or so sense Ive been here but I go back to the days of the ezboard I looked at my profile it doesnt include posts from the ez board days.

7/8/02

I know that date is wrong perhaps my post number being only around 600 means I posted more fulfilling content. Who knows.

On a brighter note im still on the User ID list at in the top 200 people that visit ats.

173 Not counting the ezboard.

Just my 2 cents for now.

Falcon

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As my wife says.... Well its like a mistress but at least its cheap.

Ive been here for almost 5 years. Its amazing how fast it goes and how quickly the posts add up

Congrats on your first 1000 and here is too the next

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

FredT, I think you have dinged me more that anyone else whenever I hit the ball out of bounds. No hard feelings about it though, it keeps me with in the rules of the T and C. Which is all good.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Congrats bro!!

I had ceased looking at the stars and realising how insignificant I am if werent for this site! seriously one of the most intelligent sites I have yet to come across!!! I have nothing but love for the ATS thinkers, theorists and journalists of truth! for I am a different man because of you all and I have nothing but thanks for you all!!!!!

Your thoughts and opinions are welcome here my friend!

Respect

Karl

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon

On a brighter note im still on the User ID list at in the top 200 people that visit ats.

And where can this list be found? I wouldn't mind looking at that myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join